Contemporary UCC services?

sickntired771

Dec 11, 2014
✟15,989.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
My line of thinking falls in line with UCC values as a more socially liberal congregation but forgive me I just don't feel the spirit and excitement in services. Are there more contemporary and uplifting praise and worship type services within this church? Maybe I haven't gone to the right services.

actionsub

Sir, this is a Wendy's...
Jun 20, 2004
Belleville, IL
✟57,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My line of thinking falls in line with UCC values as a more socially liberal congregation but forgive me I just don't feel the spirit and excitement in services. Are there more contemporary and uplifting praise and worship type services within this church? Maybe I haven't gone to the right services.

Depends on the congregation. I'm not sure where you are, but I've seen some UCC churches around the St Louis area beginning to loosen up. One here where I live has instituted an informal praise and worship service on Sunday mornings.

Upvote 0

CMatt25

Feb 15, 2013
✟7,759.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
That is far from contemporary though. I am talking praise and worship, everyone clap, and lift your hands kind of music.

The more socially liberal values of UCC appeal to my thinking as well. But I too have a preference for uplifting contemporary music. I've found within UCC much seems to depend on the individual congo. There was a UCC church near me that at one time I know offered an informal contemporary service with praise music on Saturday nights. On Sunday was the traditional. But I noticed on their website the service is no longer offered and that they also have a new pastor. From what I can gather there are a couple of others with somewhat of a blend, depending on the wk. But I know my nearest UCC congo is traditional. I know from my own experience it can be difficult finding a church that satisfies all of our tastes. But hope you find one that suits yours well enough. Peace and blessings.

Upvote 0

CMatt25

Feb 15, 2013
✟7,759.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
Is there some kind of language on websites I can look for? I am not sure how to convey what im looking for but could email a pastor.

Simply look for those words such as informal, contemporary, praise and worship. And oh yes you can email pastors and music directors and just ask if their music is traditional or contemporary/ praise music. Or what type of instruments are played. Be as specific as you want. I've done that a lot not only to UCC but others. Not all but most have replied. I still think most UCC congos have mainly traditional music but again hope you find somewhere.

Upvote 0

RevTellez

My Nephew Graduation 2013
Aug 17, 2015
Van Nuys, CA
✟7,614.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Usually a Lot of the UCC Churches have a praise band at a Majority of the 5:30pm services after the 10 am service and some even have what they call a sunset service at 7pm...depends on the church you go to it usually in the bullietin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums