Conspiracy - Are Some Theories Accurate?

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟374,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You're on to something important, I think. The shape of the Earth is not something that will determine your salvation. We should be careful to avoid building idols that separate us from other Christians and from God.

I do agree that the shape of the Earth is not something that will determine your salvation.. However, a flat earth destroys Darwinsim.... evolution....
Don't see how. A lot of natural processes we see working in the world would be impossible on a flat Earth, but not evolution. How do you figure genetics and natural selection wouldn't work on a flat Earth? Or have you forgotten what biological evolution is, again?

It demands a creator
So did Darwin. Don't see a point.
AND.... much of the bible makes more sense.... even in ole English.
A particular revision of the Bible. Not the way most Christians see it.

And given the evidence, that revision doesn't seem very likely, does it.

Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟571,448.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You're on to something important, I think. The shape of the Earth is not something that will determine your salvation. We should be careful to avoid building idols that separate us from other Christians and from God.

Don't see how. A lot of natural processes we see working in the world would be impossible on a flat Earth, but not evolution. How do you figure genetics and natural selection wouldn't work on a flat Earth? Or have you forgotten what biological evolution is, again?

So did Darwin. Don't see a point.

A particular revision of the Bible. Not the way most Christians see it.

And given the evidence, that revision doesn't seem very likely, does it.
You may disagree... However, many of the FE'ers who are new Chrisians, due to their newly found belief in a FE.... hold a different view.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟374,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You may disagree... However, many of the FE'ers who are new Chrisians, due to their newly found belief in a FE.... hold a different view.
And when they discover that their new belief in a flat Earth cannot be true, what then? A most dangerous thing is a faulty reason to believe something that is true.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟571,448.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
And when they discover that their new belief in a flat Earth cannot be true, what then? A most dangerous thing is a faulty reason to believe something that is true.
I believe that once people become Christians... the events of their faith and solid evidence in the bible that their eyes are open to... will keep them.
God says that He won't let anyone pluck you from His hand.

And... that's assuming that someone can change their mind about FE.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟374,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I believe that once people become Christians... the events of their faith and solid evidence in the bible that their eyes are open to... will keep them.
Well, that's not what the evidence shows...
But eventually, by 1994 I was through with young-earth creationISM. Nothing that young-earth creationists had taught me about geology turned out to be true. I took a poll of my ICR graduate friends who have worked in the oil industry. I asked them one question.

“From your oil industry experience, did any fact that you were taught at ICR, which challenged current geological thinking, turn out in the long run to be true?”

That is a very simple question. One man, Steve Robertson, who worked for Shell grew real silent on the phone, sighed and softly said ‘No!’ A very close friend that I had hired at Arco, after hearing the question, exclaimed, “Wait a minute. There has to be one!” But he could not name one. I can not name one. No one else could either. One man I could not reach, to ask that question, had a crisis of faith about two years after coming into the oil industry. I do not know what his spiritual state is now, but he was in bad shape the last time I talked to him.

Fortunately for Morton, he realized that YE creationism is not an orthodox Christian doctrine. His friends weren't so lucky. This is the real damage that YE creationism does to faith. It's a very efficient athiest-maker.

And... that's assuming that someone can change their mind about FE.

Probably as likely as no longer believing in Bigfoot. At some point, there's just no coming back.

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟167,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Indeed. Just go to the comment section on Rob Skiba's YT videos and you will find evidence of this. Still, it is not like we promote FE primarily, rather faith in Christ is always first. Also, if people don't understand something that does not make it "meaningless chatter."

Many of us came to true faith in Christ years ago, coincidently in recent years (Yes, we were all globe believers for most our lives) also came to believe FE or biblical 3-tier cosmology as being truth truth.

Some still have a respectable debate over the matter, while others shamefully mock and slander other believers

[2Pe 3:16 NIV] He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟374,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

This Flat Earther Boldly Claimed He Could Prove His Theory, And Then His Experiment Confirmed The Earth Is Round

Flat Earther spends $20k on experiment that accidentally proves Earth is actually round

Both of these guys seem sincere and technically astute enough to put their beliefs to the test. Both of them ended up showing that the Earth is round.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟571,448.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

This Flat Earther Boldly Claimed He Could Prove His Theory, And Then His Experiment Confirmed The Earth Is Round

Flat Earther spends $20k on experiment that accidentally proves Earth is actually round

Both of these guys seem sincere and technically astute enough to put their beliefs to the test. Both of them ended up showing that the Earth is round.
Then, this comes along and, unlike many people, this guy goes out in the cold and does a simple test. Even with a simple flashlight, you can see that this lake.... is flat.

The beam from both the flash light and the laser, on a curved earth, would be shooting 20 some feet higher than him.

So, this lake is flat... the earth... does it allow for a flat lake on a curved ball?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟374,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's easy to fake that kind of thing. But as you see, even honest flat-Earthers, who set up their equipment properly, discover that the earth is round.

If you believe the stuff on YouTube, you'll be misled a lot.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟571,448.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It's easy to fake that kind of thing. But as you see, even honest flat-Earthers, who set up their equipment properly, discover that the earth is round.

If you believe the stuff on YouTube, you'll be misled a lot.
If I can see the flashlight beam held by a person on the shore of a frozen lake, at 6 to 7 miles distance.... while I stand on the opposite shore.... it is a huge issue for the globe math.

There was a video of people who did this on a lake while it was not frozen, in a boat. The National geographic channel tried to debunk it with their own experiment. That national geographic presentation was so chopped, edited and debunked.... it left one to wonder why they had to do so much editing and why there was so many continuity errors.

This isn't rocket science. It has been shown many times that we do, in fact, see too far for the globe model as it is presented.

Am I totally convinced that it is flat... no.. but there is diffinitely something fishy going on with what the maistream is telling us. Especially when it is apparrent that we see too far for the curve to be as presented.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟374,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If I can see the flashlight beam held by a person on the shore of a frozen lake, at 6 to 7 miles distance.... while I stand on the opposite shore.... it is a huge issue for the globe math.
"If."

But given that flat Earthers who carefully set their equipment up, and were willing to let others observe and check their procedure, ended up showing that the Earth is round, I think there's a simple explanation for your guy not coming up with the same results.

Am I totally convinced that it is flat... no.. but there is diffinitely something fishy going on with what the maistream is telling us. Especially when it is apparrent that we see too far for the curve to be as presented.
Well, you could start by explaining how those two flat-Earthers showed that the Earth was round. Or explain why a Foucault pendulum works. Or why storms rotate in different directions in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟571,448.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
"If."

But given that flat Earthers who carefully set their equipment up, and were willing to let others observe and check their procedure, ended up showing that the Earth is round, I think there's a simple explanation for your guy not coming up with the same results.
I've seen other set ups that show the same thing. A light source that is visible from distances that should not be possible given the "presented" size of the globe.

Well, you could start by explaining how those two flat-Earthers showed that the Earth was round. Or explain why a Foucault pendulum works. Or why storms rotate in different directions in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres.
Maybe you could give links to these... and present your argument. I have showed a video that indicates that we see too far and given my argument based on that presentation.

At least you didn't give the "go to" excuse of "refraction"

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟374,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Maybe you could give links to these... and present your argument.
Sure.

Details here:

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟374,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

This Flat Earther Proves That The Earth Is Infact Round

It's a sad day for the flat Earthers.
Water is wet and the earth is round – which is sad news for conspiracy theorist Bob Knodel. Knodel is a proud Flat-Earther who was so confident in the theory that he spent a whopping $20,000 on an experiment that ironically concluded that the Earth is round.
The conspiracy theorist has a YouTube channel that is dedicated to proving that the Earth is flat and the channel has developed a community.
Knodel wanted to prove naysayers wrong, so he spent $20,000 on a laser gyroscope that he was sure would highlight that the planet does not rotate. The experiment took place in the Netflix documentary Behind the Curve where it was revealed that the Earth is actually round (shock horror).
However, using a gyroscope he discovered that there was a “drift” that was collected each hour.
“What we found is, when we turned on that gyroscope, we found that we were picking up a drift. A 15-degree per hour drift,” he says.
Knodel realised that this fact is what would be expected from a rotating globe but it’s not what he wanted to find out.
“Now, obviously we were taken aback by that, wow, that’s kind of a problem,” he shares. “We obviously were not willing to accept that, and so we started looking for ways to disprove it was actually registering the motion of the Earth.”

One of the more jaw-dropping segments of the documentary comes when Bob Knodel, one of the hosts on a popular Flat Earth YouTube channel, walks viewers through an experiment involving a laser gyroscope. As the Earth rotates, the gyroscope appears to lean off-axis, staying in its original position as the Earth's curvature changes in relation. "What we found is, is when we turned on that gyroscope we found that we were picking up a drift. A 15 degree per hour drift," Knodel says, acknowledging that the gyroscope's behavior confirmed to exactly what you'd expect from a gyroscope on a rotating globe.

"Now, obviously we were taken aback by that. 'Wow, that's kind of a problem,'" Knodel says. "We obviously were not willing to accept that, and so we started looking for ways to disprove it was actually registering the motion of the Earth."

Despite further experimental refinements, Knodel's gyroscope consistently behaves as if the Earth is round. Yet Knodel's beliefs seem unchanged when discussing the experiment at a Flat Earth meetup in Denver. "We don't want to blow this, you know? When you've got $20,000 in this freaking gyro. If we dumped what we found right now, it would be bad. It would be bad. What I just told you was confidential," Knodel says to another Flat Earther in attendance.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟374,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Deep down inside, I think everybody knows that it's flat," Campanella says while speaking at the 2017 Flat Earth International Conference in Raleigh, North Carolina, near the ending of Behind the Curve.

Campanella devises an experiment involving three posts of the same height and a high-powered laser. The idea is to set up three measuring posts over a nearly 4 mile length of equal elevation. Once the laser is activated at the first post, its height can be measured at the other two. If the laser is at eight feet on the first post, then five feet at the second, then it indicates the measuring posts are set upon the Earth's curvature.
Campanella watches when the light is activated at the same height as the holes, but the light can't be seen on the camera screen. "Lift up your light, way above your head," Campanella says. With the compensation made for the curvature of the Earth, the light immediately appears on the camera. "Interesting," Campanella says. "That's interesting." The documentary ends.

While a satisfying ending for anyone hoping to see the Flat Earth movement hoisted by its own petard, Behind the Curve offers several reasons why empirical evidence is rarely capable of turning people away from their conspiracy theory beliefs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟571,448.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Sure.

Details here:
The problem with his "experiment" was that it was done on land... How do you know if the land was flat, a hill, a dip.. a curve? It would have been invalid no matter what..

Even a railway that, to the human eye, seems flat for long distances.. can be slowly increasing or decreasing in height.

This was a flawed experiment.

Water finds it's own level.. That's why people do these things on water, in a boat, or ice.....

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟374,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The problem with his "experiment" was that it was done on land..
He was using a laser gyroscope. Wouldn't matter where it was. It detects change in motion. From the link:

Knodel wanted to prove naysayers wrong, so he spent $20,000 on a laser gyroscope that he was sure would highlight that the planet does not rotate. The experiment took place in the Netflix documentary Behind the Curvewhere it was revealed that the Earth is actually round (shock horror).
However, using a gyroscope he discovered that there was a “drift” that was collected each hour.
“What we found is, when we turned on that gyroscope, we found that we were picking up a drift. A 15-degree per hour drift,” he says.
Knodel realised that this fact is what would be expected from a rotating globe but it’s not what he wanted to find out.

If you multiply 15 by 24, you get.... 360. Imagine that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟571,448.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
He was using a laser gyroscope. Wouldn't matter where it was. It detects change in motion. From the link:

Knodel wanted to prove naysayers wrong, so he spent $20,000 on a laser gyroscope that he was sure would highlight that the planet does not rotate. The experiment took place in the Netflix documentary Behind the Curvewhere it was revealed that the Earth is actually round (shock horror).

If you multiply 15 by 24, you get.... 360. Imagine that.
Sorry, as I have said in another thread... I don't have time to watch everything. The weather is finally nice and our winters are too long to waste the sun and warmth we have now...

I was talking about the Jeranism test...

As far as I'm concerned, the earth may not be flat.. but we see too far.. something smells of fish.. Doing a land based test is full of problems. A lake will hold water or have ice that is always level... Find one with a long enough line of site and questions are raised as we see too far.

God bless...

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟374,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sorry, as I have said in another thread... I don't have time to watch everything.
Too bad. The video of a committed flat Earther, his carefully-controlled experiment verifying a round rotating Earth is quite instructive.

The weather is finally nice and our winters are too long to waste the sun and warmth we have now...

As far as I'm concerned, the earth may not be flat..
If it was, there's no way to explain how a Foucault pendulum works. or why careful use of lasers shows curvature of the Earth, or why storms rotate one way in the Northern Hemisphere, and the other way in the Southern Hemisphere, or why we can launch bigger payloads by launching rockets eastward or.... (lots of other evidence).
but we see too far.. something smells of fish.. Doing a land based test is full of problems.
[/QUOTE]
A gyroscope even works in the air. It's how most aircraft compasses work now. If the earth rotates, the gyroscope will detect it. And it did.

Upvote 0