Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A Catholic priest who serves at St. Mary’s Catholic Cathedral in Amarillo, Texas, was pepper-sprayed while hearing confessions last week, according to a statement from the parish.

The parish said in a statement on Facebookthat “someone dealing with mental health issues” sprayed rector Father Tony Neusch with the irritant while he was hearing confessions.

Police are investigating the incident. It’s unclear whether officers have identified a suspect at this time.

“I am okay and do not require medical attention,” Neusch said in the statement.

Continued below.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟146,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A Catholic priest who serves at St. Mary’s Catholic Cathedral in Amarillo, Texas, was pepper-sprayed while hearing confessions last week, according to a statement from the parish.

The parish said in a statement on Facebookthat “someone dealing with mental health issues” sprayed rector Father Tony Neusch with the irritant while he was hearing confessions.

Police are investigating the incident. It’s unclear whether officers have identified a suspect at this time.

“I am okay and do not require medical attention,” Neusch said in the statement.

Continued below.
I will pray for both the priest, and the perpetrator of the pepper spraying, as the person who did that had mental health issues.

• Prayers
Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0