• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Can you lust after animation and is it a sin?

Ikon

Apr 9, 2021
Land O Lakes
✟7,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you get turned on by someone in a comic book, it a game, where ever, where the character is animated, not a real person, is imagining that person sexually lust? Is it a sin?

I am asking seriously, as a mature Christian, who truly wants to know what others think and believe...

Thank you...

Reactions: Verv

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you get turned on by someone in a comic book, it a game, where ever, where the character is animated, not a real person, is imagining that person sexually lust? Is it a sin?

I am asking seriously, as a mature Christian, who truly wants to know what others think and believe...

Thank you...

JS: I can be. Lust is lust however its triggered. Still this could also be a sign of metal illness or an inability in separating oneself from fantasy. You might want to speak with someone you trust on this to get help figuring which is the case.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

NomNomPizza

Feb 23, 2021
Warsaw
✟14,265.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Thank you...
Fapping to hentai is sin yes
*furries included

Upvote 0

Verv

Senior Veteran
Apr 17, 2005
서울
✟31,762.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Thank you...

It's entirely possible to be 'turned on' by this because what we're really talking about is the mind going into a fantasy. Just as how people can be excited by erotic literature, people are excited by drawn or cartoon depictions; the mind automatically fills the gaps.

The same essential process is happening when you watch any kind of smut.

Now... Being turned on is not a sin. If you walk into the wrong room and a beautiful person is nude and you cannot help but feel excited by what you see, you haven't done anything wrong; you were exposed to something, and how you feel popped up.

But, it is a sin to actively seek out sexual depictions and indulge in your fantasies about them. This is the issue of lusting. And, if you commit adultery in your heart, it is not different from doing it in the flesh.

It may seem very hopeless to be able to overcome these things, but this is why most people ought to get married. Others, though, can do their best to walk a more excellent past, and I assure you, this is a great commitment which requires a lot of effort to overcome lust.

Regardless... The struggle against lust is lifelong. ^^ But with God's grace and tenacity, you can overcome it to a good degree!

Upvote 0