North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Yes, after some time, no matter how happy we were or how much we loved our spouse,we will be able to accept that they had their faults too,like us all,and to put them on a "saintly pedestal" in our memories is not realistic,or a good idea. We have to accept that they were not perfect.

Upvote 0

robert adams

Jul 10, 2005
Houston
✟1,298.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Today was Grandparents Day at the school where my 4th grade granddaughter attends.

She had handmade a greeting card for her other set of grandparents and me. She had drawn pictures of them and me standing alone. For some reason, it hit my emotions that I was standing alone. I almost "lost it." The feeling of the loss kinda sneaked up behind me.

Bob (in Houston)

Upvote 0

CountryLady

Oct 24, 2005
✟18,869.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So sorry for the pain you feel Bob. At times it does sneak up and usually when we least expect it. What a great surprize for you granddaughter to give you a special card on Grandparents Day, how sweet she is. Children and grandchildren are so precious. My 15 month old now, grandson just gave me his first colored sheet from his coloring book. The lines he scribbled are so special, and I know the card your granddaughter made for you is special too. Big hugs to you. :hug: God bless you.

Upvote 0
B

Bevlina

robert adams said:
Today was Grandparents Day at the school where my 4th grade granddaughter attends.

She had handmade a greeting card for her other set of grandparents and me. She had drawn pictures of them and me standing alone. For some reason, it hit my emotions that I was standing alone. I almost "lost it." The feeling of the loss kinda sneaked up behind me.

Bob (in Houston)
yep ... I know the feeling and feel your pain Rob. It's as though they view us ... always alone. You need a hug. :hug:

Upvote 0

CountryLady

Oct 24, 2005
✟18,869.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I guess the worst memory I have that I don't like talking about is right before my late husband passed away I asked him if he loved me, he shrugged his shoulders up and down, that was my answer. All the years together, and that was my answer. Painful memory, but a memory none the less. I'm glad I was able to take care of him, I loved him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

Bevlina

That's a sad memory to hold Hon, too sad. He loved you. It was a shrug as if to say " If you don't know now you never will!"
My Guy had a habit of just watching me quietly, as if in deep thought, then he'd just say " I love you, and don't you forget it."
He was always so serious when he said it too. Often he pointed his finger at me when he said it. He really did love me, that I do know. And, I loved him just as much.

Upvote 0

Hisbygrace

Carried On The Wings Of An Eagle
Sep 22, 2004
California
✟158,418.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Democrat
CountryLady said:
So sorry for the pain you feel Bob. At times it does sneak up and usually when we least expect it. What a great surprize for you granddaughter to give you a special card on Grandparents Day, how sweet she is. Children and grandchildren are so precious. My 15 month old now, grandson just gave me his first colored sheet from his coloring book. The lines he scribbled are so special, and I know the card your granddaughter made for you is special too. Big hugs to you. :hug: God bless you.

I agree about children and grandchildren. When I was in the midst of deep grief for my husband my grandson, then five, would sit beside me and hold my hand.
He wouldn't say a word he would just sit quietly beside me....:)

Upvote 0

Hisbygrace

Carried On The Wings Of An Eagle
Sep 22, 2004
California
✟158,418.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Democrat
I remember a lot of bad times with my husband
when we were first married. But thank God by the time
he passed away we had transcended the state of just
being husband and wife. God had taken us to a higher
relationship and all the bad things were a thing of the past.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.