Book(s) with powerful argument for creationism?

Lingonsylt

Aug 28, 2012
✟15,114.00
Faith
Christian
Hi,

I'm an atheist and I believe strongly in evolution. However, I also believe in trying to understand people with a different opinion, and to seriously consider their message. To that end, I will read one or more books that makes the case for creationism.

If you believe in creationism, and could have every evolutionist read one book on the subject, one that you think would make the strongest case and be most likely to "convert" them, which one would you have us read? I will pick up one of the books that you recommend and read it.

Thanks in advance!

DaneaFL

Apr 20, 2012
Deep in the bible belt.
✟732.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well, there aren't any good books the show evidence FOR creationism but there are plenty of creationist books that could cause you to question evolution and therefore cause you to convert to the judeo/christian belief in yahweh... Somehow... I guess.

Michael Behe has a good book that promotes irreducible complexity which is the best argument that creationism has.

The book has been proven wrong in a court of law, but if you can look past that, you might enjoy it.

Upvote 0

Lingonsylt

Aug 28, 2012
✟15,114.00
Faith
Christian
I won't be converted by anything, but I thought it might be interesting to read one of the books that are considered good by the "other side". If nothing else, it helps if you know your enemy. ;) However, sinceI've read my Dawkins and I'm familiar with the irreducible complexity "argument", it seems it would be wasted time to read about it again.

Since noone else has replied with suggestions in more than a week, I can only conclude that there is no interesting book from the creationists. Good, frees up time to read Hitchens instead.

ご返事ありがとうございます。

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟218,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi,

I'm an atheist and I believe strongly in evolution.
I'm curious why you have a Christian icon for your religion if you're not a Christian? Or do you see being a Christian and an atheist as being compatible?

Upvote 0

twinc

Jun 2, 2011
Wirral
✟1,281.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Hi,

I'm an atheist and I believe strongly in evolution. However, I also believe in trying to understand people with a different opinion, and to seriously consider their message. To that end, I will read one or more books that makes the case for creationism.

If you believe in creationism, and could have every evolutionist read one book on the subject, one that you think would make the strongest case and be most likely to "convert" them, which one would you have us read? I will pick up one of the books that you recommend and read it.

Thanks in advance!

a small paperback,which can even be smaller to read if you understand and go no further than the title "The Great Brain Robbery" by David C C Watson - twinc

Upvote 0