Biden’s Secretary of State Orders LGBT Pride Flags Placed at Embassies Around the World

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟420,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,262,131.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Biden's Secretary of State Orders LGBT Pride Flags Placed at Embassies Around the World

LGBT activists are cheering Secretary of State Antony Blinken’s
announcement that he will reverse an order from President Donald
Trump and put up “pride” flags at U.S. Embassies around the world.

Antony Blinken Orders LGBT Flags Flown at U.S. Embassies
So we remove the military services flags honoring those who put their life on the line to defend out nation from the oval office and post flags that represent a minority progressive group at the embassies

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,262,131.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Except in Islamic countries I bet.
Why should US policy on flying flags be any different in Islamic countries? Aside from them wanting to burn down the embassies I mean. Or end diplomatic relations. Will such a flag fly at the Moscow embassy too?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟628,250.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Well.... I guess the times they are a changing, as they say.
Yes they are....but we should be grateful that there is One who does not change with the times......

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,160,968.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
During pride month, I should note. They won't be on permanent display. This is also not new. It was happening routinely until Trump banned it, though even that seems to have been recent, and not always followed. It was displayed in Moscow in June, 2020. Remember that most Americans support gay rights, but that gays are often targeted internationally. Thus this is part of restoring our commitment to human rights.

Yes, some European embassies display it in Islamic countries. Iraqi leaders Sadr and Amiri bash gay pride flag raising ceremony

Last edited:
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
During pride month, I should note. They won't be on permanent display. This is also not new. It was happening routinely until Trump banned it, though even that seems to have been recent. Remember that most Americans support gay rights, but that gays are often targeted internationally. Thus this is part of restoring our commitment to human rights.
Look up Iran's execution of gays if you believe that piece of pretty cloth hanging from a pole means anything to Biden and company.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,160,968.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Look up Iran's execution of gays if you believe that piece of pretty cloth hanging from a pole means anything to Biden and company.
I’m not sure what your comment means. Yes, Iran has executed gays. There’s a limit to what we can do, but the current administration will do what it can.

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I’m not sure what your comment means. Yes, Iran has executed gays. There’s a limit to what we can do, but the current administration will do what it can.
What had Biden and company done to Iran.... they have given them a pallet of money that was held back from sanctions instead of trying to demand better treatment of gays and they complained about sanctions put on them by Trump and I believe Biden either has or will take off all sanctions which will do absolutely nothing for gays there so instead of using what leverage there is already they give up on human rights in Iran totally and essentially in the end gays may look at a pretty flag and say.... wow Biden cares while they are executed.

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,160,968.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
What had Biden and company done to Iran.... they have given them a pallet of money that was held back from sanctions instead of trying to demand better treatment of gays and they complained about sanctions put on them by Trump and I believe Biden either has or will take off all sanctions which will do absolutely nothing for gays there so instead of using what leverage there is already they give up on human rights in Iran totally and essentially in the end gays may look at a pretty flag and say.... wow Biden cares while they are executed.
We also just signed a treaty on nuclear weapons with Russia. I predict we will make agreements with China on a few issues. At times there are reasons to work on a specific issue with a country even though it is abusive. The money, of course, was theirs. Do you really want Iran to have nuclear weapons?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
We also just signed a treaty on nuclear weapons with Russia. I predict we will make agreements with China on a few issues. At times there are reasons to work on a specific issue with a country even though it is abusive. The money, of course, was theirs. Do you really want Iran to have nuclear weapons?
You aren't thinking.... the money was confiscated because of them breaking the nuclear weapon treaty in the first place so by giving them money back it Biden and Obama and company just gave their nuclear weapons program a big boost and to remove sanctions takes away any incentive to do anything be it nuclear weapons treaties or gay rights there is no leverage to be had if you give in and they know Biden and company are pretty much spineless and so does Russia and China as both of them are rattling sabers.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟628,250.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
We also just signed a treaty on nuclear weapons with Russia.
Yep, we sure did. The previous admin was trying to get Russia on board to include China (translation: pressure China to also sign onto the agreement). Now that opportunity has just disappeared for the next 5 years....disappointing to say the least.

• Agree
Reactions: Hvizsgyak
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
. Remember that most Americans support gay rights, but that gays are often targeted internationally. Thus this is part of restoring our commitment to human rights.
Because you assure us that it's part of "restoring our commitment to human rights," which flags representing other underprivileged groups have been ordered flown on our embassy buildings?

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Because you assure us that it's part of "restoring our commitment to human rights," which flags representing other underprivileged groups have been ordered flown on our embassy buildings?
Hopefully they haven't thought of a BLM flag yet.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟465,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So we remove the military services flags honoring those who put their life on the line to defend out nation from the oval office and post flags that represent a minority progressive group at the embassies
Right. I guess we see who the current leadership of America values most.

Upvote 0