Leanna

Just me
Jul 20, 2004
✟24,278.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love names like Faith, Hope, Charity...but a little voice pops up asking, "What if your child becomes an Atheist as an adult? Her name (Faith) will be the biggest joke!", In fact, knowing my luck; Hope would become a doom-sayer, and Charity would be a debt-collector! :p or "Do you really want a name you child has to live up to? "

Argh.I think waaay too much!

Pretty names, though.

well none of these things are strictly Chistianity if you think about it.... you can have faith about a lot of things, hope about life, and charity is a good thing always .... but that's a funny post :)

Upvote 0
S

Sunset2009

I saw this thread title from afar, and because I am a hardcore name-addict, I had to check it out!! What section of the board am I on? Trying to Conceive? :eek:

Uh...:sorry: I'll just post my favorite names and then run for the hills!!

Fav. Boy Names
Asher
Walker David
Lincoln John "Link"
Shaun Nash
Toby James
Solomon Lewis Cash
Mac Samuel
Riley Jeremiah

David, Nash, James and Lewis are family names.

Fav. Girl Names
Carys Lucia Ann or Carys Adele (I say it like Harris, but with a C)
Alexandra Sage
Allegra Mae
Anastasia Lynn
Elizabeth Winter
Zelda Grace

Zelda is a guilty pleasure :)blush:) and Lynn is my middle name.

Upvote 0

tigercub

unbelievably fluffy
Site Supporter
May 8, 2006
Brisbane
Visit site
✟27,814.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I've been wondering what names my husband might like for a baby...the only other things he names are his cars! I do hope he doesn't want to name our first-born after his fave car...Hunz :eek: (the car was a Nissan Pulsar) Named after a member of a band he loves.

I do know one female name he likes; Shoshana. I hate it! I know it's Hebrew and and old name and everything...but to me it just sounds so Bogan-ish!

Upvote 0

shainamsu

Nov 14, 2003
st louis mo
✟15,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
we have two names that we've agreed on, but more that i really like but have yet to convince him of:

agreed:
jeremiah daniel -- "the Lord exalts/God is my Judge"
keilah morgan -- "citadel" /"great brightness"
we chose these names b/c a) for the boy, we just really really liked the way it sounds and b) for the girls' name, we wanted a Biblical city. our daughter's name is Shiloh, which is an OT city and we ran across the city Keilah in 1 Samuel during a Bible Study reading one night and thought it would be neat if we had two daughters named after Old Testament cities. "Morgan" is a close family friend who has mentored my husband and i since we married.

ones i liked but husband not so sure about:
briseis alyn (i LOVE this name and if i have to have a million kids til we run out of names, we're using this one!!!) -- "beloved"/feminine form of my husband's middle name, alan
lorelei paige -"fiery"/"young servant" -- okay, sometimes it's not all about the meanings
mamie belle -- "star of the sea"/"beautiful" -- my great-grandmother's first and middle name, with whom i am very close
esther (no middle name with this one) -- from the book of Esther
sarai (no middle name) -- Abram's wife Sarah before God renamed them both
asher alan -- "happy"/husband's middle name
james daniel -- "he who supports"/"God is my judge"
josiah -- "Jehovah helps" -- king josiah from the Old Testament

others that i casually like but haven't given serious thought to meanings and such:
leila
sage
story
moses

esme

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lee_Lee

Dec 3, 2004
house
✟588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My partner and I have agreed on these names for our future child.........don't even think of stealing them.:)

Girls:
Yolanda
Gracie
Astral
Tabitha
CoCo
Ruby
Gretal

BOYS
Malachi
Elijah
Angus
Seth
Noah
Moses
Finnigan
Soda
Bailey
Cole
Oscar
Merlin

I don't think anyone would want to steal those names Jewie...hehe.

-LeeLee.

Upvote 0

Leanna

Just me
Jul 20, 2004
✟24,278.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My partner and I have agreed on these names for our future child.........don't even think of stealing them.:)

Girls:
Yolanda
Gracie
Astral
Tabitha
CoCo
Ruby
Gretal

BOYS
Malachi
Elijah
Angus
Seth
Noah
Moses
Finnigan
Soda
Bailey
Cole
Oscar
Merlin

Are you two planning a lot of children, then? ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

immersedingrace

I feel like I've been dipped in Diamonds!
Aug 10, 2004
New York City
✟19,895.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We have a few we've agreed on but the combo's keep changing:

Zechariah Henry - We both love the nickname Zeke and Henry is his late father; We also play with Jackson Henry - Jackson being my great-grandfather's middle name. Sneaky suspicion that I may get extremely sentimental during the process and we'll end up with the second one.

Elias Jackson - I really like Josias, but doesn't sound right with Jackson, so this is a nice alternative. It means "fire of God" in at least one book I've seen and I just LOVE that. Besides, Josias and Elias are both names used in my ancestry. We would probably call him EJ &/or Eli.

Other combo's include: Elias Zechariah or Zechariah Elias though I like both of them too much to make one a MN. I have a brother who died in infancy and have recently thrown his name, Troy, into the mix. I was thinking Elias Troy but ET is NOT a nickname I want my kid to end up with.

Annabelle is the name we like for a girl. However, I want to use my grandmother's name, Marguerite, for a middle name and they don't go together well. We will probably end up with an Annabelle Kate if we were to have more than one girl. Kate being after his mother. He likes Bella, and I don't care for it so this is really our compromise. Besides, both my dad and my mom's maternal grandmother's were named Annabelle.

Mercy Marguerite or Clara Marguerite - He's not THRILLED with either name, but he knows how much using my grandmother's name means to me and hasn't come up with first name that sounds right with it or a better name altogether. If we have many girls, I could end up with a Clara or Mercy Jayne, as my mother's middle name is Jane and she always wanted it spelled Jayne. Chloe would also be a good combo with either Jayne or Marguerite.

The other name I REALLY want to use is Darby, for a girl, which is my great-great-great-great grandfather's name. I would probably use Darby Lynn, as Lynn's my MN. Darby means Free.

In case you didn't see it, most names would go with my family heritage. That would be because A) It matters more to me {the only one he cares about is his dad }; B) his family names are Guistino (Justin, which I really wouldn't mind but not my fav), Vittorio (who he was named after), Pasqualina (Pat or Patricia...YUCK), Giovaninna (Jean, again - YUCK), Enrico (his dad's birth name), Francesco (Frank or maybe Frances), Guiseppe, etc, I think you get the point; C) Names have always been a passion of mine and if he can't tell me what they mean, they're not gonna cut it.

Upvote 0