Aromatherapy

Satin and Silk

Jun 5, 2005
✟7,871.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I've found that Orange can have interesting effects.

It is supposed to be calming, and it works great on my dogs; when they get too hyper, I put some on my hands and then rub it on their coat. They settle down quickly.

However, it has the opposite effect on me - it energizes me.

Upvote 0

bubblegirl23

Resident bubble chick
Apr 24, 2004
Australia
Visit site
✟2,459.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't suggest any essential oils. They can have adverse effects in asthmatics, allergy sufferers, pregnant women, heart patients and epileptics.

Many may disagree, but essential oils are not as safe as homeopathic remedies.

I'd much prefer picking fresh marjoram, tearing the leaves and put into the bath. Teabags work well too.

Upvote 0

AgnesM

Aug 11, 2005
✟15,140.00
Faith
Catholic
I'm a soapmaker, so I've learn a bit about essential oils, although I still have a lot to learn.

Orange Essential Oil makes you more suseptible to the sun rays. If you use it, do not go outside.

Lavender is safe for most people. However, if you are prone to strokes, it can be dangerous.

I know that those baths are very pleasant, but please research the properties before using. There are tons of info available free online, just do a google search.

Also, not all essential oils are bad for pregnant women, but again, it's important to be informed first.

Even picking some herbs, plants, etc. can be dangerous if one is not informed.

Finally, just because a major company sells it does NOT make it safe for you. Remember that each one of us is unique and reacts differently.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I used to like incense a lot but because I also used to use it for witchcraft and occult purposes, I am seriously considering trashing all of my incense as it brings up too many memories for me. I wish I could use bath oils and such but unfortunately, I don't have a tub. I only have a shower! :(

Upvote 0