✟184,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
In Arminianism, those in hell can say "God, you didn't effectually save me!"

They have an excuse. God could have saved them, but didn't.
Hm. You may be right. You need to ask an Arminian, like Walter, if that is true.

But the Bible doesn't give anyone an excuse. And I've shown that Calvinism's warped view of the atonement and election provides an excuse for the ones not picked.

In Calvinism, it's all about being chosen. In the Bible, God HAS eternal life for everyone. Those who reject the gift can't live with God in eternity.

God IS eternal life.

Jn 17:3
“This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

1 Jn 1:2
and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us—

1 Jn 5:11, 13, 20
11And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.

13These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.

20And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

Upvote 0

Don Maurer

^Oh well^
Jun 5, 2013
Pa, USA, Earth, solar system, milky way, universe.
✟54,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
In Arminianism, those in hell can say "God, you didn't effectually save me!"

They have an excuse. God could have saved them, but didn't.

I am having difficulty locating the like button.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟912,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟912,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Bible says in Romans that man is without excuse whether they choose to accept the gift is up to them, but it is there for all.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Naaa, your an Arminian, just a really bad one.
Thanks again for the opportunity to correct a Calvinist. No, I'm not one, and regarding your insult, they make no difference to me. I always consider the source. ;)

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You're an Arminian.

You can't be a vegetarian if you eat meat.
You need to educate yourself, then. CL asked me in another thread 5 questions and I agreed with only 2, and one of those with qualifications. I believe his questions were intended to line up with Arminianism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
A

Anoetos

That passage says nothing about "accepting a gift". It speaks of the fact that the knowledge that God is, is known to everyone by virtue of the existence of creation.

In Romans 2, Paul goes on to say that some knowledge of the Law of God is also universally known, and that it forms a basis for judgment by God of the wicked.

Paul's overarching point in these passages is to show that no one has any excuse before God. Neither those who have the written Law (the Jews), nor those who do not (the Gentiles). No one can claim ignorance and all alike have fallen short and there exists a standard by which God as the righteous judge can and will condemn them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟912,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
That passage says nothing about "accepting a gift". It speaks of the fact that the knowledge that God is, is known to everyone by virtue of the existence of creation.

In Romans 2, Paul goes on to say that some knowledge of the Law of God is also universally known, and that it forms a basis for judgment by God of the wicked.

Paul's overarching point in these passages is to show that no one has any excuse before God. Neither those who have the written Law (the Jews), nor those who do not (the Gentiles). No one can claim ignorance and all alike have fallen short and there exists a standard by which God as the righteous judge can and will condemn them.
but everyone has no excuse to not believe in God or at the very least a higher power. I did not claim that that passage mentioned a free gift.

Upvote 0
A

Anoetos

but everyone has no excuse to not believe in God or at the very least a higher power. I did not claim that that passage mentioned a free gift.

I agree. Disbelief is sinful.

But Paul makes no escape hatch for those who merely accept the existence of "a higher power". He is always talking about the God of the Bible, the God who gave a Law and Who redeems His people.

Upvote 0
A

Anoetos

Think about it this way, Islam teaches that God weighs your good deeds against your bad deeds and lets you in to paradise based upon how well you did.

This is a god who tolerates sin. The God of scripture doesn't tolerate sin. He is absolutely Holy and Good; supremely so.

And, of course, as you know, this is the point of the Gospel; He made a way where there was no way.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Think about it this way, Islam teaches that God weighs your good deeds against your bad deeds and lets you in to paradise based upon how well you did.

This is a god who tolerates sin. The God of scripture doesn't tolerate sin. He is absolutely Holy and Good; supremely so.

And, of course, as you know, this is the point of the Gospel; He made a way where there was no way.
Exactly. God provided the Way to heaven; through His Son, who died for the sins of the whole world, and thereby purchases the gift of eternal life for everyone. Those who accept the gift through faith in Christ have eternal life (Jn 5:24) and those who reject the gift of eternal life are cast into hell (Rev 20:15).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.