Are Jews still God's Chosen People ?

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,957.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Off topic? Most people have not ...

Jews are God's Chosen People. They are chosen by Him and this is noted in His Word.

Have you not read this in the Bible ?
Yes, have you read the prophets and God's opinion on this union since then?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,957.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
You quoted me. I did not mention a union. What are you referring to ?
The covenant is a union. There was a ceremony that involved blood in the old days.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟100,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
God's word will not return to Him void of accomplishing what is said or promised, or He is not God.
He promised to Abraham that all nations of the earth would be blessed because of him.
Gen 18:18
Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?

Act 3:25

Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

Gal 3:8
And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Gentiles are saved as Gentiles; they do not have to become The Children of Israel.

• Agree
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟206,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
God's word will not return to Him void of accomplishing what is said or promised, or He is not God.
He promised to Abraham that all nations of the earth would be blessed because of him.
Gen 18:18
Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?

Act 3:25
Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

Gal 3:8
And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Gentiles are saved as Gentiles; they do not have to become The Children of Israel.
God also made two covenants with Abraham, not one.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟897,418.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are Jews still God's Chosen People ?
I believe they are, but they are in need of Christ as much as anyone for salvation. Living outside Christ is being cut off the promise, and being a Gentile in Christ is being adopted into the promise. So a believing Jew is a natural branch, but a believing Gentile is a wild branch. But everyone is indeed chosen if belonging to Christ. Jews in a natural way, Gentiles in an adopted way.

Reactions: Lost Witness
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟284,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe they are, but they are in need of Christ as much as anyone for salvation. Living outside Christ is being cut off the promise, and being a Gentile in Christ is being adopted into the promise. So a believing Jew is a natural branch, but a believing Gentile is a wild branch. But everyone is indeed chosen if belonging to Christ. Jews in a natural way, Gentiles in an adopted way.
Chosen for?
Any more than Gentiles are chosen?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

zoidar

Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟897,418.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Chosen for?
Any more than Gentiles are chosen?
Chosen for the promise of salvation.

No.

Paul calls the Jews God's people.

I say then, God has not rejected His people, has He? May it never be! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
— Romans 11:1

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,026,119.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think a lot of 'people' are going to be VERY disappointed when they find out the Gods chosen are in fact Corgis!

C
Clare73
Definitely my chosen!
So sweet, so smart, so obedient, so sensitive and should never be scolded, particularly the females, but simply trained--the pure breds, that is--and lotta' hair with that undercoat!
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟221,419.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Up to the burial of Christ, Gentiles who joined the Children of Israel had to proselyte through circumcisions and keeping the law.

So your point of change began after the cross.

What about the period between that and Acts 15?

Upvote 0

Canuckster

Nov 21, 2022
Calgary
✟29,071.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
True…. But unlike Paul, most of the “Jews” today, because of traditions allowing for mass conversions and intermarriage going back to the time of Mordecai, don’t have a drop of Abraham’s blood. Hence Revelation 3: 9.

Reactions: zoidar
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟284,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Chosen for the promise of salvation.
No.
I say then, God has not rejected His people, has He? May it never be! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
He calls the Gentiles the seed of Abraham (Gal 3:28-29).

Last edited:
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

zoidar

Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟897,418.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He calls the Gentiles the seed of Abraham (Gal 3:28-29).
I think we need to seperate the two, God's people by being a Jew and being a child of God by being saved.

Therefore, accept one another, just as Christ also accepted us to the glory of God. For I say that Christ has become a servant to the circumcision on behalf of the truth of God to confirm the promises given to the fathers, and for the Gentiles to glorify God for His mercy; as it is written,
“Therefore I will give praise to You among the Gentiles,
And I will sing to Your name.”

he says,
“Rejoice, O Gentiles, with His people.”
And again,
“Praise the Lord all you Gentiles,
And let all the peoples praise Him.”
Again Isaiah says,
“There shall come the root of Jesse,
And He who arises to rule over the Gentiles,
In Him shall the Gentiles hope.”
— Romans 15:7-12

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟284,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think we need to seperate the two, God's people by being a Jew and being a child of God by being saved.
But Paul does not in the called-out assembly (ek-klesia, church) of both Jews (Ac 7:38) and Gentiles, all those in Christ being sons of Abraham (Gal 3:28-29), referring only to their past designations.
Therefore, accept one another, just as Christ also accepted us to the glory of God. For I say that Christ has become a servant to the circumcision on behalf of the truth of God to confirm the promises given to the fathers, and for the Gentiles to glorify God for His mercy;
Christ gave a special priority to the Jews in his ministry so far as the gospel is concerned. . .to confirm the promises made to the patriarchs
so that the Gentiles may glorify him for his mercy; i.e.,
from the beginning, God's redemptive work in and for Israel had in view the redemption of the Gentiles (Ge 12:3).
They would see God's mighty and gracious acts for his people, thus would come to know the true God and glorify him for his mercy,
his greatest act for Israel's salvation being the sending of the Messiah to fulfill his promises to the patriarchs. . .
and so to gather in the great harvest of the Gentiles.
as it is written,
“Therefore I will give praise to You among the Gentiles,
And I will sing to Your name.”

he says,
“Rejoice, O Gentiles, with His people.”
And again,
“Praise the Lord all you Gentiles,
And let all the peoples praise Him.”
Again Isaiah says,
“There shall come the root of Jesse,
And He who arises to rule over the Gentiles,
In Him shall the Gentiles hope.”
— Romans 15:7-12

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zoidar

Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟897,418.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But Paul does not in the called-out assembly (ek-klesia, church) of both Jews (Ac 7:38) and Gentiles, all those in Christ being sons of Abraham (Gal 3:28-29), referring only to their past designations.

Christ gave a special priority to the Jews in his ministry so far as the gospel is concerned. . .to confirm the promises made to the patriarchs
so that the Gentiles may glorify him for his mercy; i.e.,
from the beginning, God's redemptive work in and for Israel had in view the redemption of the Gentiles (Ge 12:3).
They would see God's mighty and gracious acts for his people, thus would come to know the true God and glorify him for his mercy,
his greatest act for Israel's salvation being the sending of the Messiah to fulfill his promises to the patriarchs. . .
and so to gather in the great harvest of the Gentiles.
I don't have much more to add. I don't have a problem if we don't agree on this, but I believe God has a plan for the people of Israel.

For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery⁠—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation⁠—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written,
“The Deliverer will come from Zion,
He will remove ungodliness from Jacob.”
“This is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”
From the standpoint of the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but from the standpoint of God’s choice they are beloved for the sake of the fathers; for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. For just as you once were disobedient to God, but now have been shown mercy because of their disobedience, so these also now have been disobedient, that because of the mercy shown to you they also may now be shown mercy. For God has shut up all in disobedience so that He may show mercy to all.
— Romans 11:25-32

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟284,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't have much more to add. I don't have a problem if we don't agree on this, but I believe God has a plan for the people of Israel.
Keeping in mind that the NT reveals God's plan for Israel. . .to graft them back into the one olive tree of God's people, the called-out assembly (ek-klesia), IF (not "when") they do not persist in unbelief (Ro 11:23). . .and thus all (true) Israel will be saved.
For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery⁠—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation⁠—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written,
“The Deliverer will come from Zion,
He will remove ungodliness from Jacob.”
“This is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”
From the standpoint of the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but from the standpoint of God’s choice they are beloved for the sake of the fathers; for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. For just as you once were disobedient to God, but now have been shown mercy because of their disobedience, so these also now have been disobedient, that because of the mercy shown to you they also may now be shown mercy. For God has shut up all in disobedience so that He may show mercy to all.
— Romans 11:25-32

• Agree
Reactions: Cribstyl
Upvote 0

zoidar

Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟897,418.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Keeping in mind that the NT reveals God's plan for Israel. . .to graft them back into the one olive tree of God's people, the called-out assembly (ek-klesia), IF (not "when") they do not persist in unbelief (Ro 11:23). . .and thus all (true) Israel will be saved.
Do you think "If they do not persist in unbelief" is a revealed plan for the nation Israel?

But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree,
— Romans 11:17

For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery⁠—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation⁠—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in;
— Romans 11:25

I don't know if it says something to you, but to me it does.

Upvote 0