Jun 5, 2002
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟11,265.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It's still amuses me Christians want to believe that their great great grandfathers swung from branch to branch going "hoo hoo haa haa eeeee!" More amusing still when they see that in their kids! *LOL
No one here "wants" to believe we are related to apes, we just are, it has nothing to do ith what we want or don't want.

What amuses me is your ignorance.

Upvote 0

wblastyn

Jedi Master
Jun 5, 2002
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟11,265.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Why give apes such a bad rap. They are God's creatures afterall aren't they? Besides they have the capacity for language, art, emotion, symbol recognition and can undersand some abstract concepts.
Exactly, who cares if we're related to animals. I think people have the idea that they're superior to animals because we're in the image of God (spiritually) and were given dominion over them, but we're still animals.

Upvote 0

RazorX

¤The Blade of Truth¤
Jan 13, 2003
Classified
✟16,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Today at 09:28 AM wblastyn said this in Post #30

I think people have the idea that they're superior to animals....
?????

• Genesis, 1:26
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:
and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Why do you say "people have the idea that there superior to animals"? Are you saying were not?

Upvote 0

wblastyn

Jedi Master
Jun 5, 2002
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟11,265.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Why do you say "people have the idea that there superior to animals"? Are you saying were not?
Although we are "in the image of God" which means we represent God as His stewards (as fragmentofdreams said above) we are still animals.

When I say "superior" I mean they think we are above animals as in "we aren't animals we're something above them." I mean kings have had dominion over the people but they are still human.

"Just because you're better than us doesn't mean you can act all superior" - Xander.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.