Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My son was five weeks early, spent four days in NICU. His birth weight was 8 lbs, 12 oz, so I have a hard time convincing people he was a preemie. However, he was born with fluid in his lungs, which is why he spent time in NICU.

As a result of his prematurity, he stayed yellow for the first four months. He had a sonogram of his liver and gallbladder (normal, thank God), and many blood tests. It was finally decided when the jaundice finally resolved itself, that the yellowness was caused by the immaturity of his liver, from being premature.

Having a baby rushed out of the delivery room right after birth is frightening indeed!

(Oh, the aforementioned son will be 17 this month, he wears a size 13 shoe, and is disgustingly normal in every way, LOL)

Peace,
~VOW

Upvote 0

Jenna

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
✟4,598.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I do. :) My daughter was born just shy of 3 months early. She weighed 3lbs. .5oz. , was 16 1/4 inches, and went down to 2lbs. 8oz. She is a cute little runt now, running around and cracking me up. At a year and a half, she still wears clothes for 6-9 month old children. Well, all but her sleepers. Anna has really long legs, so she is funny between sizes. If I get her clothes that are long enough, they are baggy all over and almost falling off. But, if they fit her skinny minnie frame, then they are way too short. Life is definitely interesting and wonderful with her around. ;)

Upvote 0

HopeRenee

**Seventy-sevens fan**
Aug 14, 2002
Michigan
✟220.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
My daughter was born 5 weeks premature and weighed 3# 8oz and was 16 inches long. (Close to your daughers stats Jenna.) She was in the RNICU (regional NICU) for 15 days. Those were the longest fifteen days of my life.:sigh: It is nice to hear that so many preemies are doing well. She still has some things that we are trying to work though with her. But I do feel that God is giving me strength. :clap: Although it is hard not to worry sometimes. :pink:

Upvote 0

Jenna

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
✟4,598.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
                           ANNABELLE

Anna_Hospital_1_r.jpg

8.2002%20anna%20at%20pole%202.jpg

Upvote 0

Dewjunkie

Apr 1, 2002
Asheville, NC
Visit site
✟9,428.00
Faith
Christian
Our second daughter, Chloe, was 7 weeks premature. Fortunately, they caught the problem with my wife early enough to administer steroids and when Chloe was born at 4 lbs. 11oz., 17 in., she was breathing on her own and went home with us 3 days later. She is now doing well, never been seriously ill, and other than being a bit short for her age, is progressing pretty much on schedule. Praise God.

Upvote 0