Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I see that the CONTEXT is ALL for Israel , and Acts 2:36 says so !!

This then says that the HOUSE ISRAEL is guilty of having Crucified Jesus , in verse 36 .

Verse 37 says that they were PIERCED through the HEART , and they say , What will we do ??

Then Peter declared to them REPENT and let each of you be BAPTIZED ( also notice that the Greek word for WATER // HODOR ) is not in the text !!

Also means that REPENTANCE belongs to Israel only .

dan p
Well good luck with that -

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Uh.... because Acts 9: 5-6 is part of the account given in Acts 9

my thoughts - you are seeing something that is not there.

Paul was an Apostle - he was also a Prophet - he also was a teacher and preacher.
I see this in Acts 9:4 , He says Saul , Saul , why are you persecuting Me .

#2 In verse 5 , Paul answers , Who are you LORD // KYRIOS It is hard for you to KICK against iron Goads .

# 3 So what does Kick against the Iron Goads , MEAN ?

# 4 Then in verse 6 Saul , trembling and terrified , he ( Saul ) said LORD , what do you wish me to do ??

# 5 And SAUL// Paul was saved at that INSTANT , Why ??

#6 Now read 1 Cor 12:3 Therefore , I make known to you that no one speaking by God's Spirit , say's that Jesus is accursed and no one is ABLE to Say Lord Jesus EXCEPT BY THE HOLY SPIRIT .

# 7 In 1 Tim 1:15 Timothy says Jesus came into the world to save SINNERS , f whom I am FIRST // PROTOS .

And in 1 Tim 1:16 it reads But for this reason I was GIVEN mercy in order that in me FIRST // PROTOS Christ Jesus might show forth all long suffering for a PATTERN // HYPOTYPOSIS of the ones COMING to Believe on Him unto EVER LASTING LIFE .

This why Rom 10 :9 the Holy Spirit had Paul write , That if you should CONFESS with your mouth the LORD // KURIOS .

Paul is the example of Grace salvation for today >

dan p

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟714,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I see this in Acts 9:4 , He says Saul , Saul , why are you persecuting Me .

#2 In verse 5 , Paul answers , Who are you LORD // KYRIOS It is hard for you to KICK against iron Goads .

# 3 So what does Kick against the Iron Goads , MEAN ?

# 4 Then in verse 6 Saul , trembling and terrified , he ( Saul ) said LORD , what do you wish me to do ??

# 5 And SAUL// Paul was saved at that INSTANT , Why ??

#6 Now read 1 Cor 12:3 Therefore , I make known to you that no one speaking by God's Spirit , say's that Jesus is accursed and no one is ABLE to Say Lord Jesus EXCEPT BY THE HOLY SPIRIT .

# 7 In 1 Tim 1:15 Timothy says Jesus came into the world to save SINNERS , f whom I am FIRST // PROTOS .

And in 1 Tim 1:16 it reads But for this reason I was GIVEN mercy in order that in me FIRST // PROTOS Christ Jesus might show forth all long suffering for a PATTERN // HYPOTYPOSIS of the ones COMING to Believe on Him unto EVER LASTING LIFE .

This why Rom 10 :9 the Holy Spirit had Paul write , That if you should CONFESS with your mouth the LORD // KURIOS .

Paul is the example of Grace salvation for today >

dan p
Post in plain English and I will be happy to engage.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Post in plain English and I will be happy to engage.
Those I do speak another tongue , I do speak English better and see no PROBLEM with what I wrote , and am SORRY that you can not UNDERSTAND my writing a POLLRUMPTIOUS nor a PLONKER and am sorry that we cannot Communicate .

dan p

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟714,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Those I do speak another tongue , I do speak English better and see no PROBLEM with what I wrote , and am SORRY that you can not UNDERSTAND my writing a POLLRUMPTIOUS nor a PLONKER and am sorry that we cannot Communicate .

dan p
I do not think you are rude, nor do you speak in older language - your posts seem to be disjointed and one sentence does not equate or reference the next one. So it is difficult to understand what you are trying to get across - when you throw in the Greek transliterations and partial definitions, it obfuscates the post further.

At one point I was wondering if you were using something like Google Translate, which has a difficult time with syntax.

Thhe large gapping between words is rather strange also

What is your first language if I can be bold enough to ask?

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟20,126.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And… there is where we disagree. Feel free to open a thread on the subject and I will jump in.

Let's stay on topic here:

The Topic is Acts 2:38, and the Thread is trying to prove that the Repentance that God accepts has to do with turning from sin.

In fact, its Repenting from unbelief ........ = that God accepts.

Why?
Because you can repent of your sin, every time you get caught, but that is not the same as Giving God your Faith in Christ.

Do you understand @hislegacy ?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟714,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Topic is Acts 2:38, and the Thread is trying to prove that the Repentance that God accepts has to do with turning from sin.

Why?
Because you can repent of your sin, every time you get caught, but that is not the same as Giving God your Faith in Christ.

Yes I do understand @Aviel

I understand also what repentance is by definition -

Definition. True Christian repentance involves a heartfelt conviction of sin, a contrition over the offense to God, a turning away from the sinful way of life, and a turning towards a God-honoring way of life.

Now look at the word repent in Acts 2:38 -
metanoeō -
  1. to change one's mind, i.e. to repent
  2. to change one's mind for better, heartily to amend with abhorrence of one's past sins
lit., "to perceive afterwards" (meta, "after," implying "change," noeo, "to perceive;" nous, "the mind, the seat of moral reflection"), in contrast to pronoeo, "to perceive beforehand," hence signifies "to change one's mind or purpose," always, in the NT, involving a change for the better, an amendment,

@Aveil I found your statement Quote:
Because you can repent of your sin, every time you get caught,

Incredible -

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?

NO 100 times NO repentance is not something you do because you "got caught". Repentance is not a get out jail free card because you 'got caught' and then do the same thing again and again, repenting each time.

Question is - do you understand @Aviel

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well good luck with that -
Since it is the HOLY SPIRIT that had Paul write 1 Cor 11:1 where Paul says to become IMITATORS of me is to ignored ??

And Paul says that our mission is to Make // Photizo is a verb in the Aorist Tense , in the Greek Active Voice .

All //Pas is in the Accusative Case , in the Plural and that means to all .

See // Photizo , is in the Greek Aorist Tense , means past tense , in the Active Voice .

The Fellowship // Koinonia in the Nominative case is the subject , in the Singular , meaning one at a time .

Of The // Ho , is a Definite Article , and is pointing to the next word Mystery ,

Mystery // Mysterion , is also in the Greek , Genitive Case , in then Singular and in the Neuter , meaning , male and female .

And if you are not teaching and preaching the Mystery your Rewards at the Bema Seat will be Nil as Paul , wrote in 1 Cor

3:5-15. and you will suffer LOSS .

dan p

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟125,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Acts 2:36 “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”​
37 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?​
38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the]remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.”​
We see repentance mentioned more than 20 times in the Gospels, and here in the book of Acts, it continues

Acts 3:18 But those things which God foretold by the mouth of all His prophets, that the Christ would suffer, He has thus fulfilled. 19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, 20 and that He may send Jesus Christ, who was preached to you before,​
Then again here:

Acts 5:30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus whom you murdered by hanging on a tree. 31 Him God has exalted to His right hand to be Prince and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. 32 And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him.”​
Then here in Romans

Romans 2:Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?

Let’s talk about repentance - what does repentance look like in real life?
Maybe share some of your story of repentance.
How often do you find the need to repent?
If you have to repent from a specific sin more than once, is it really repentance?

This could be a very interesting discussion.

I have heard that 'repentance' refers to a change of mind. It is more than performing an action that is good, but a shift in one's disposition toward something, followed by a change of behavior. For Christians, repentance means turning from a life of disobedience to God, which is a never-ending process. It is a continual growth pattern that gradually permeates their whole life. Simply doing what is right is not repentance, and I think a lot of people miss that.

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟714,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have heard that 'repentance' refers to a change of mind. It is more than performing an action that is good, but a shift in one's disposition toward something, followed by a change of behavior. For Christians, repentance means turning from a life of disobedience to God, which is a never-ending process. It is a continual growth pattern that gradually permeates their whole life. Simply doing what is right is not repentance, and I think a lot of people miss that.
Thank you - well said.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟714,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Since it is the HOLY SPIRIT that had Paul write 1 Cor 11:1 where Paul says to become IMITATORS of me is to ignored ??
Quote the verse - 1 Cor 11:1 Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ. - see when you only quote a couple words it looses it's meaning -
And Paul says that our mission is to Make // Photizo is a verb in the Aorist Tense , in the Greek Active Voice .
Make what? Pizza's?
All //Pas is in the Accusative Case , in the Plural and that means to all .
What verse are you speaking about?
See // Photizo , is in the Greek Aorist Tense , means past tense , in the Active Voice .
The Fellowship // Koinonia in the Nominative case is the subject , in the Singular , meaning one at a time .
Of The // Ho , is a Definite Article , and is pointing to the next word Mystery ,
What verse are you speaking about
Mystery // Mysterion , is also in the Greek , Genitive Case , in then Singular and in the Neuter , meaning , male and female .
And if you are not teaching and preaching the Mystery your Rewards at the Bema Seat will be Nil as Paul , wrote in 1 Cor 3:5-15. and you will suffer LOSS .
What?

1 Cor 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one? 6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase. 8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.
9 For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building. 10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. 11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

Notice what word is NOT there? MYSTERY
English please - speak plainly - until then - I will most likely not reply, not because I do not want to - but your style doesn't give enough cogent information to warrant one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Quote the verse - 1 Cor 11:1 Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ. - see when you only quote a couple words it looses it's meaning -

Make what? Pizza's?

What verse are you speaking about

What?

1 Cor 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one? 6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase. 8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.
9 For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building. 10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. 11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

Notice what word is NOT there? MYSTERY

English please - speak plainly - until then - I will most likely not reply, not because I do not want to - but your style doesn't give enough cogent information to warrant one.
And here is where the MYSTERY // MYSTERION is found !

# 1 Found in 1 COR 9:17

# 2 Found in Col 1:26

# 3 Found in 1 Tim 1:4

# 4 Found Eph 3: 3 and 4

# 5 Found in Eph 3:9

# 6 Found in Rom 11:25 and in 26

dan p

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟735,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Through God's precious gift of Baptism we enter into new life, being born again (see e.g. John 3:3-5), having therefore the very promise of the Spirit given to us--which is right there in the text of Acts 2:38, our lives are new, brand new, in Christ. For, the Apostle St. Paul will say elsewhere that when we were baptized we died with Christ, were buried with Christ, and raised together with Christ to new life, to share in the life of Christ. See how in Romans 6 the Apostle has rebuked the wrongful thinking of "Since grace abounds, should we go on sinning?" (Romans 6:1) instead, on account of our baptism, and all that this means, we are now to reckon ourselves dead to sin and alive to God, as slaves of righteousness.

Therefore the ever-present call to metanoia, repentance, is there that we should "not be conformed to the pattern of this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind" (Romans 12:2). This word, metanoia, quite literally speaks of our minds being changed, a restructuring and re-ordering of how we live, how we see things, how we think about things. Paul, will, again, call us to this drastic transformation and change in our thinking when he, in Philippians 2, writes, "Have this same mind in you that was in Christ Jesus". Now Paul uses a different word here in Philippians 2:5 than he does in Romans 12:2, in Romans 12:2 Paul uses the ordinary word for "mind" in Greek, nous; but here in Philippians 2:5 the Apostle uses the verb phroneiotho, a form of the vern phroneo: to think, to feel, be mindful, to discern, to judge. It speaks of an entire orientation of thought and feeling; to therefore think, feel--in what way? As Christ Himself who humbly emptied Himself and came as a slave, obedient to the Father, offering Himself even to death on the cross with all of its shame.

Repentance does include our confession of our sin--something we are always called to do, for St. John in his epistle will say, "If we say we have no sin, the truth is not in us" and continues "But if we confess our sin, He will forgive us and cleans us from all unrighteousness". In this life we will struggle against the old man within us, the passions and lusts of our flesh, as the Apostle St. Paul talks about in Romans 7. We continue to struggle, the old man vs the new man. So we confess, we freely confess our sin--for God freely declares us forgiven and justified on Christ's account. This is what is meant that where sin abounds, grace abounds all the more.

But also included here in repentance is not merely our messing up and confessing our sin; but the continued call of Christ on our lives, to be converted and have our hearts, our minds, our attitudes adjusted toward righteousness, toward holiness, toward the image and likeness of Jesus Christ. This is the work and power of the Holy Spirit continually operating in our lives, that "He who began a good work in you will continue that good work until the day of Christ Jesus" (Philippians 1:6). Not that we shall attain glory in this life, for Paul also writes,

"not that I have already obtained this or am already complete, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me His own. Brothers I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:12-14

This metanoia is part of the cross of discipleship with Christ our Lord has called us to take up upon ourselves. To strive forward, to follow Him, to live in accordance with His way of doing things, and holding to His way of thinking, to act as He acts, to live as He lives, to imitate Him, to follow Him.

So when the great invitation is given, "Repent and be baptized" it is an all-comprehensive invitation, to come and receive the new life that is in Christ, through Baptism receiving new life in Christ and to the onward, forward journey of Christian discipleship. The way is hard, the journey is fraught with many perils--this Christian life is a cross, a harsh and painful cross. But the cross shall become a joy to us, not through our own ability, strength, or can-do-man-ship; but the Holy Spirit shall abide in us and with us, and He shall be our Comfort. And as we are called to life together, as the Church, abiding in the Lord Jesus, as God's children, being sustained by the life-giving word of God, by His grace, as we hear the precious word of God preached, as we receive God's abundant mercies in His Sacraments, as we live and abide, and have life together in this community and communion of holiness and faith, God is making us what He wills for us to be. And we are not alone, God is with us; and as He gives Himself for us in the Church, we come together and give ourselves to one another in the Church. This is what the Scriptures call Koinonia, fellowship.

-CryptoLUtheran

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And repent is also used in Gen 6:6 by Christ !!

dan p

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Why?

Did Israel ever repent of CRUCIFYING Christ ?

I say that they never did !!

What say you ??

dan9

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟714,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And if you are not teaching and preaching the Mystery your Rewards at the Bema Seat will be Nil
Let's take a look and see if your reference deal with teaching and preaching the Mystery -
And here is where the MYSTERY // MYSTERION is found !

# 1 Found in 1 COR 9:17
1 Cor 9:16 For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for necessity is laid upon me; yes, woe is me if I do not preach the gospel! 17 For if I do this willingly, I have a reward; but if against my will, I have been entrusted with a stewardship. 18 What is my reward then? That when I preach the gospel, I may present the gospel of Christ without charge, that I may not abuse my authority in the gospel.

hmmm.... fail #1
# 2 Found in Col 1:26
Col 1:24 I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of His body, which is the church, 25 of which I became a minister according to the stewardship from God which was given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God, 26 the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints. 27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

So, it is not a mystery any longer, but known.

# 3 Found in 1 Tim 1:4
1 Tim 1:3 As I urged you when I went into Macedonia—remain in Ephesus that you may charge some that they teach no other doctrine, 4 nor give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which cause disputes rather than godly edification which is in faith. 5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith, 6 from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk,

nope - no mention of mystery
# 4 Found Eph 3: 3 and 4
Eph 3:For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles— 2 if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, 3 how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, 4 by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), 5 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets: 6 that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel,

Again - the mystery has already been revealed
# 5 Found in Eph 3:9
Eph 3:8 To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, 9 and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ; 10 to the intent that

Again - the mystery has been revealed.

So yes, we preach the mystery revealed that God sent Jesus Christ to reconcile world both Jew and Gentile.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟714,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did Israel ever repent of CRUCIFYING Christ ?

I say that they never did !!

What say you ??

dan9
Be careful - that is many times a racist trope, or can be referred to as such.

Israel was NOT the crucifier of Christ - our sins were.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟714,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You posted...Theological Nonsense.
You just like to argue. You seem to be so convinced of what you are convinced of - polite debate is not even an option.
Your Acts 2:38 Thread is "Denomination Specific" and its in the wrong place, when found in "General Theology".
Incorrect -
Do you listen? Or are you the only voice you hear?
"True Christian Repentance".. .Is to hear the Gospel of the Grace of God, and BELIEVE IT. To TURN from your UNBELIEF..

As "Faith, comes by hearing' .. "The Gospel"
Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God - Roman's 10:17 is the correct quotation from scripture
And The Gospel, is "Paul's Gospel", and this Gospel is the "preaching of the Cross'....whereby the person hears, learns, that Jesus is their Sin Bearer, who died for al their sin and rose from the dead...... and NOW, right NOW... = God is inviting them to come to the Cross and Be FORGIVEN., and then Redeemed by the Blood and Death of Jesus.
Paul also said this to believers -

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Paul also said this to believers -

2 Cor 7:1 Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

The Writer of Hebrews said:

Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.
So, that is your Gospel, @hislegacy ..... and that one is false. Galatians 1:8
I forgive you - obviously stated in ignorance.

@Aviel I am aware you will not agree - even when I make posts in agreement to yours, you don't agree. So our interaction is done. I pray God blesses you and continues to have Mercy towards you as you grow closer to Him.

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟20,126.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

Paul is talking to Christ rejecting Jews, in your verse and in Chapter 10.

Notice that He never refers to them as Believers, or Brethren, or Saints, or born again?
That's because they are not. They are unbelieving, Jesus hating, HEBREWS.. (Jews).

If you take a NT, and open it to the "ACTS of the Apostles"....

Read : Acts 28:28..

That is Paul, and what you are reading is what is happening in Hebrews 6&10.

= "compare scripture with scripture".....

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟714,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Paul is talking to Christ rejecting Jews, in your verse and in Chapter 10.
Paul isn't talking to anyone - because the writer of Hebrews is not definitively Paul - most likely is - but not definitively. Verse 5 is who the writer is talking to -

vs 5 - For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come

Note - Jews are not mentioned - but it sure is a good description of a Born Again, Spirit filled believer.
Notice that He never refers to them as Believers, or Brethren, or Saints, or born again?
Nor is he calling them Jews - but he is describing a spirit filled believer
That's because they are not. They are unbelieving, Jesus hating, HEBREWS.. (Jews).
Noe you are incorrect - Listen to what the writer is saying - @Aviel
If you take a NT, and open it to the "ACTS of the Apostles"....
The Book of Acts could also, just as accurately, be called ACTS of the HOLY SPIRIT.
Read : Acts 28:28..

That is Paul, and what you are reading is what is happening in Hebrews 6&10.
Acts 28:28 28 “Therefore let it be known to you that the salvation of God has been sent to the Gentiles, and they will hear it!

Hebrews 6:10 10 For God is not unjust to forget your work and labor of love which you have shown toward His name, in that you have ministered to the saints, and do minister.
= "compare scripture with scripture".....
I wish you would do that at some point - because the two verse above are NOT related.

I also noticed you completely ignore the other two instances I quoted - I wonder why?

Proper exegesis would sure be a refreshing change.

Upvote 0