south wales
✟44,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The earth is not spinning as flat earthers love to falsely depict it, it is rotating at half the speed of the hour hand on a clock.

Lol'z -The earth supposedly spins at 1,000 miles per hour & is travelling through space at 67,000 mph, now that's fast

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,197,346.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Lol'z -The earth supposedly spins at 1,000 miles per hour & is travelling through space at 67,000 mph, now that's fast
Rotational speed is not measured in miles per hour. Please educate yourself.

Reactions: JulieB67
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,872.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No more ridiculous than your spinning globe, which you claim is orbiting the sun to which it is definitely not biblical.

View attachment 348054
The standard model is not biblical, but is working. It corresponds to and explains what we observe. Thats why you cannot call it ridiculous.

Yours is neither biblical, nor working. Thats why its ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reactions: JulieB67
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,872.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay - So you observe this - Hmm
Not me personally, but we as humanity. Specialization is needed in many fields. You need proper equipment, knowledge etc.

I can observe eclipses, sunsets and with some equipment also other planets and their movements. But I cannot personally observe that our solar system is orbiting the center of the Milky Way, for that you need quite expensive tools, I guess.

Your picture is ridiculous because it does not work for even the most common things any average interested person can observe or do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Apple Sky

In Sight Like Unto An Emerald
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟44,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your picture is ridiculous because it does not work for even the most common things any average interested person can observe or do.

You asked what the firmament was like, you asked - 'is it something the Sun, the Moon and stars can move in like fish in a sea'

So I posted this picture to show you.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,872.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You asked what the firmament was like, you asked - 'is it something the Sun, the Moon and stars can move in like fish in a sea'

So I posted this picture to show you.
And your picture is ridiculous, its neither biblical nor working. You placed the sun and moon under the firmament so that they can move. Which is not biblical.

Also, where are the biblical columns that hold the firmament?

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟44,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And your picture is ridiculous, its neither biblical nor working. You placed the sun and moon under the firmament so that they can move. Which is not biblical.

Also, where are the biblical columns that hold the firmament?

Okay - Lets go with this one;

a another.jpg

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,872.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Reactions: prodromos
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,197,346.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
This is not what I read .........

Like I said, educate yourself. Nowhere is rotational speed measured in miles per hour or kilometres per hour or even metres per second. The most common unit is RPM or revolutions per minute. The earth rotates at approximately 0.0007 rpm. Objects that are described as "spinning" are usually rotating in the hundreds or thousands of rpm. The old LP vinyl record players rotate at 33.333 rpm or 45 rpm if you were playing "singles", and I've never heard anyone describe the records as "spinning". The earth is rotating several orders of magnitude slower than that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟44,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The same thing. The sun and the moon are under the firmament, among clouds. Not in the firmament, which is the Genesis version.

Try looking at the picture again :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟44,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,197,346.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well what is it measued in ?
You could have clicked on the link to learn the answer, but I subsequently edited my post to add a bit more info. You replied before I could save my changes.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,197,346.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Try looking at the picture again :rolleyes:
Why? It hasn't changed and still shows the sun and moon below the firmament among the clouds.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟44,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why? It hasn't changed and still shows the sun and moon below the firmament among the clouds.

It shows the waters above the firmament & then the firmament with the sun and the moon in it then the earth at the bottom, I don't see what the problem is ??

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟44,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Also, where are those 'other lands' beyond the ice wall you keep going on about? You kept posting things inconsistent with your other claims.

We've already been over this, go back and read the thread again.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,872.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It shows the waters above the firmament & then the firmament with the sun and the moon in it then the earth at the bottom, I don't see what the problem is ??
Are you claiming that the firmament is not the border holding the waters above, but the whole space below the waters? Be clear. Where does the firmament begin and end?

Your picture clearly shows the firmament line from the top of the mountain to the left to the top of the mountain to the right. And both the sun and the moon are below it, obviously.

Last edited:
Upvote 0