Florida
✟758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
So God does not give us the desires of our heart?

You think it is a lie that good begets good and evil begets evil?
It's never a one or the other deal in this present life

The delusional mind will read a scripture like this one:

Matthew 7:17
Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

And every time the deceitful wicked mind will insist that they are only always and ever a good tree only always and ever bringing forth only good fruit

when that is actually never the case

Upvote 0

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟52,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Ultimately, our goal should be to remain faithful to Jesus and to follow His teachings, rather than being swayed by the allure of false narratives or the desire for comfort and convenience.

Here are 7 of the most common false teachings that we must avoid as Christians:
  1. The prosperity gospel: The belief that God will bless us with wealth and health if we have faith, disregarding the suffering and struggles that believers may face in this life. This teaching is not supported by the Bible, which teaches that believers may experience trials and hardships (James 1:2-4, 1 Peter 4:12-13).
  2. Salvation by works: The belief that good works or religious rituals can earn us salvation. The Bible teaches that salvation is a gift from God through faith in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8-9, Galatians 2:16).
  3. Denial of the Trinity: The belief that there is only one person in the Godhead, rather than the three distinct persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – who make up the one God. The Bible clearly teaches the doctrine of the Trinity (Matthew 28:19, 2 Corinthians 13:14).
  4. Rejection of the deity of Christ: The belief that Jesus was not God in human form, but rather a prophet or a good teacher. The Bible affirms the deity of Christ (Daniel 7:13-14, John 1:1, John 3:16-18, Colossians 2:9, Hebrews 1:8).
  5. Denial of the resurrection: The belief that there is no bodily resurrection of the dead or that Jesus did not rise from the dead. The Bible teaches that believers will be raised to eternal life and that Jesus rose from the dead (1 Corinthians 15:12-23, Acts 1:3, Luke 24).
  6. Doctrine of total individualism: The belief that emphasizes personal self-reliance, total self-sufficiency, and self-indulgence, disregarding the importance of community and the greater good. This teaching is not in line with the teachings of the Bible, which emphasizes the importance of loving our neighbors as ourselves (Mark 12:30-31, Galatians 5:13-14).
  7. Anti-environmentalism: The belief that prioritizes human needs and desires above the care and preservation of the natural world. This teaching is not supported by the Bible, which teaches that humans are stewards of God's creation and are called to care for it (Genesis 2:15, Colossians 1:16-17, Isaiah 24:4-6, Jeremiah 2:7).
Since we live in the Spirit, our ultimate goal is to walk in lock-step with the Spirit. And the list omits the most dangerous false teaching that we must avoid: Stiff-arming the Holy Spirit: The belief that upon the completion of the Cannon, God no longer leads, guides, directs, teaches, corrects, and comforts us from the intimacy of our own hearts. The most common refrain from those who believe this is, "You can't trust the voices in your head", as if the Holy Spirit is "a voice in your head."

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

BelieveItOarKnot

Jun 2, 2024
Florida
✟758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
People think they are good and others are evil when it is most likely the other way around.
It's 100% both for everyone

In scripture recognition or differentiating between people and devils is mandatory.

Both walk in the same pair if shoes but are not the same entities

One we can love

The other, resist, reject and adversely judge

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟162,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Since we live in the Spirit, our ultimate goal is to walk in lock-step with the Spirit. And the list omits the most dangerous false teaching that we must avoid: Stiff-arming the Holy Spirit: The belief that upon the completion of the Cannon, God no longer leads, guides, directs, teaches, corrects, and comforts us from the intimacy of our own hearts. The most common refrain from those who believe this is, "You can't trust the voices in your head", as if the Holy Spirit is "a voice in your head."
Agreed. The list is not exhaustive.

Reactions: B Griffin
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟80,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
One we can love
We are to love everyone, even our enemy. We do not know for sure who is and who is not going to make it to heaven and we have to love everyone there. Corrie Tan Boon had an issue that the meanest guard in the concentration camp got saved and became a christian. He said God forgive him but did she forgive him. Not as first but with God's help she did forgive him. She likes to say God takes our sin and throws them into the sea of forgetfulness and puts up a no fishing sign.

Hebrews 8:12 For I will forgive their iniquities and will remember their sins no more

https://biblehub.com/hebrews/8-12.htm
Can God really forget? https://biblehub.com/hebrews/8-12.htm

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟80,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
We are not advised to love the devil and his messengers
When I was in the army they were training me to pick up bodies and put them in a body bag. They said if you put three arms or three legs in a bag don't worry about it. No one cares. It's almost impossible to match the arms and legs up with the body. Then years later my son wanted a brother so we got a foreign exchange student from China. It turns out that his father drove the truck with the weapons of mass destruction from China to North Vietnam. This is what it means to love my enemy and I treated his son like my own son for the school year. You can try to mix satan in with that but I do not know where you think he is

I actually don't have any enemies. So I am not quite sure what the scripture is about. Everyone loves everyone in Heaven. We do not know for sure who is and who is not going to Heaven so we just love everyone.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BelieveItOarKnot

Jun 2, 2024
Florida
✟758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
We just put it under the Blood and the devil flees from the blood so that is not much of an issue.
Jesus didn't make anyone in our present forms sinless, in case you missed it

And sin is and remains of the devil, scripturally speaking

Devils on the other hand are never forgiven

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟80,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Jesus didn't make anyone in our present forms sinless, in case you missed it
What sin are we not able to be delivered from?

1Peter 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Hebrews 12 14
Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Upvote 0

BelieveItOarKnot

Jun 2, 2024
Florida
✟758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
What sin are we not able to be delivered from?

1Peter 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Hebrews 12 14
Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
Sins aren't counted against people to start with, 2 Cor 5:19

however-

Devils are missing from your equations in the matters

It seems like the overlap of people and devils is escaping your understanding, Mark 4:15, 1 John 3:8, Romans 7:17-21, 2 Cor 12:7, Romans 11:8, Gal 4:14, Acts 26:18, 2 Cor 4:4, Eph 2:2 -many others

Upvote 0