A Survey Regarding Bitcoin

What is your understanding of Bitcoins?

• I own Bitcoins and understand them well

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • I know of Bitcoins but have no technical knowledge of how they work

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • I know of Bitcoins, how they work but do not own any.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • What is a Bitcoin?

Votes: 11 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I urge caution......bit coins can break yer teeth,
Hi, just browsing around the forums, and this made me smile. Clever! And then I noticed you were new, so I just wanted to say hello, and welcome to CF!

Reactions: GoodGRACEshus
Upvote 0

GoodGRACEshus

Apr 25, 2016
Australia
✟17,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi, just browsing around the forums, and this made me smile. Clever! And then I noticed you were new, so I just wanted to say hello, and welcome to CF!

Thank you for the nice welcome Anastasia, I appreciate that :)

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry, I have this thing about discussions where one single thing is presented as the be all and end all. I'm of the opinion there is nothing greater than sliced bread ;)
W e l l only if its wholemeal, toasted and spread with Marmite or honey. :cool:
><>

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I consider bitcoins to be an illegal currency and the designers should be prosecuted for forgery.

No currency should exist without a political state backing it up. (unless it is something with no monetary value like Monopoly money)
The makers should be given an award, and I hope all state currency is soon toppled by alternative curriencies.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I heard about Bitcoins from reading a novel. In it there was a witch's coven that the leader (head witch) was using them to hire a man in the underground (black net) to kill some of her 'converts'. The money couldn't be traced this way. Once they were killed they harvested their body parts and sold them, taking bitcoins for payment, again because it couldn't be traced.

Something so sinister to be used in such a way I would hardly call Godly and I think if Jesus were here today and someone brought bitcoins (I know it's virtual but pretend they had a computer there) to the temple he would target that first.

Money that can't be traced, would honest, God fearing Christians be part of that? not this one I can say for sure.

Upvote 0

keltoi

Jan 12, 2007
✟9,317.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I heard about Bitcoins from reading a novel. In it there was a witch's coven that the leader (head witch) was using them to hire a man in the underground (black net) to kill some of her 'converts'. The money couldn't be traced this way. Once they were killed they harvested their body parts and sold them, taking bitcoins for payment, again because it couldn't be traced.

Something so sinister to be used in such a way I would hardly call Godly and I think if Jesus were here today and someone brought bitcoins (I know it's virtual but pretend they had a computer there) to the temple he would target that first.

Money that can't be traced, would honest, God fearing Christians be part of that? not this one I can say for sure.
Bitcoins can be traced, a bitcoin miner is computer that has a list of all bitcoin transactions. There are millions of bitcoin miners so there are millions of computers tracking each and every bitcoin transaction.

Upvote 0

keltoi

Jan 12, 2007
✟9,317.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

I am curious how many of you have heard of bitcoin and how many of you actually have Bitcoins? For those of you that do understand and own Bitcoin, have you ever considered tithing with it?

There should be at least one more choice for the survey for this who think Bitcoin is worthless.

Upvote 0

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
what is Bitcoins?

Digital money... only difference is normally freely available digital money would be very easy to counterfeit. If I "give you $5 digital dollars" who is going to honor that? Why would they if you can just hack a computer to spit out infinite amounts of these dollars?

Or if a central authority controlled this digital money, like Microsoft... why would we want money that Microsoft prints? It's printing rate and rules concerning it would be handled by a central authority, and without control of those who use it as to how it is governed.

Bitcoin was the attempt at digital money to avoid this. It was decentralized originally. It's rules are publicly stated as open source code, but about a year ago or so, the networks that managed bitcoin became centralized in China.

So bitcoin is still digital money. The centralized authorities of Chinese servers presently have no interest in doing anything to scare the market because this would cause the value of those coins to plummet, so their primary interest for the time being is the status-quo.

As a later result of this, there are other digital coins besides bitcoin, some of them have achieved true decentralization in their operation.

But it is no longer decentralized, that video has its facts wrong:

https://magazine.backfeed.cc/the-bitcoin-debacle-making-the-case-for-decentralized-governance/

But even so, each coin is worth $600+ USD as of when I'm posting this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ChristianMatchmaking

Jul 16, 2005
US
✟18,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Interesting to see a thread like this.

If you are really interested in Bitcoin, I benefited greatly from this free video training:

http://bitcoin.cbtnuggets.com/

The business there is actually a good training company for IT people (or at least was when I used some of their vids). I'm also assuming those are the same videos they put out which I saw years ago now. Some of the people there were quite excited about Bitcoin, and the free video training was kind of like a cause for them.

If those videos are the same, they were a game changer for me in terms of gaining both a sufficient understanding of Bitcoin and comfort with having any involvement with it.

However, I waited a long time before having my first involvement with Bitcoin. It's funny because this thread reminded me I may have some BTC sitting in a wallet that I forgot about, perhaps a nice $xxx bit (pun intended). If it's still there then that may be only the second time I received Bitcoin. So to my knowledge I've had only two Bitcoin "episodes."

As far as using it for tithing goes, I see no point really, unless there are compelling and cost effective circumstances involved, which I imagine would tend to be extremely rare if not nonexistent. I also agree with the poster who wrote along the lines of how there is no requirement of tithing in the New Testament to begin with either, though one may want to do that or more, so I would just speak in terms of general "giving." I suppose the focus here is on regular, scheduled, automated, percent-oriented giving.

By now I would think there are numerous churches equipped to take online donations, including just using regular bank routing and account info, which I used recently even just to pay for a dinner event at a church, at least here in the US, so there seems no reason for any added step of converting to and from Bitcoin.

If you already have Bitcoin, however, then perhaps it may make sense to donate from it.

Furthermore, despite what I just wrote above I suspect it's probably a super great idea for churches and ministries to nonetheless enable donating by Bitcoin, which I would imagine some do already, and as far as I've seen would be super easy to implement, at least for single instance giving if not regular/automated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ChristianMatchmaking

Jul 16, 2005
US
✟18,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, there is really no point in using Bitcoin imo unless your circumstances lead you to a point where there is a point. Lol, not bad there, ay? :)

If you get interested the free video training I posted a link to is invaluable. Was for me.

Apparently it wasn't meant to be, unless perhaps I made a mistake and missed the will of God if that is possible, but I could easily have invested a very small or modest amount of money and have a huge fortune now from Bitcoin when it was cheap and I was even recommending some in Greece or thereabouts try it when they were imploding over there. I'm talking about easily many millions perhaps, maybe even tens of millions. (Long story.) And I'm not talking about the love of money or things either. I could simply really use that now for myself and others. It would seem it was not meant to be for me, however, and that is not the first time I missed out on something similar when I was just a hair's breadth away so to speak.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.