Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah, I do not use a Linux tablet myself. But yeah, tablets in general are kinda useless, regardless of manufacturer or OS. Laptops have far more programs, including Macs and PCs.
Well SCUBA gear is really only valuable in one place, but there ya go.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟145,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well SCUBA gear is really only valuable in one place, but there ya go.
Haha, so true. SCUBA gear is only useful underwater, just as tablets are only useful for a small subset of actions compared to a Mac or PC. :) Man, I love your witty sense of humor. God bless you, brother Pommer, as you brighten up my day.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Haha, so true. SCUBA gear is only useful underwater, just as tablets are only useful for a small subset of actions compared to a Mac or PC. :) Man, I love your witty sense of humor. God bless you, brother Pommer, as you brighten up my day.
We aims t’ please!

• Agree
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟145,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We aims t’ please!
Same here, I aim to please also. My humor is spontaneous. Anyways, it it getting late here, so I hope you have a wonderful night.

This is an example of my spontaneous humor (it is a reply to someone's Bible study), but I had to pull out a sci-fi reference.
1715491316180.png

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟972,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
New Apple ad shows various creative tools, and prominently, musical instruments, getting smooshed in a hydraulic press..... into an iPad. Apparently, people are a bit revolted. It echoes the current concern of AI replacing human creativity in many domains.... and more generally, the replacement of the visceral by the digital.

Drums dont get crushed tho. So I'm ok. For now.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/08/tech/apple-ipad-pro-ad-backlash-cec/index.html

Is that Cher singing?

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟145,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is that Cher singing?
Yep. Sonny & Cher's "All I Ever Need is You," which I have not heard before, if I recall, as most oldies music on the radio goes back to the late 1970s-1990s nowadays on the station in my city. Though, my city does have a 1960s-1970s station as well.

Oh, how Cher's music has fallen. Her song "Believe" from 1998 introduced the music industry to auto-tune, the worst musical trend in my opinion. May God forgive me for judging...

• Informative
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Same here, I aim to please also. My humor is spontaneous. Anyways, it it getting late here, so I hope you have a wonderful night.

This is an example of my spontaneous humor (it is a reply to someone's Bible study), but I had to pull out a sci-fi reference.
View attachment 347693
FWIW, I too, believe that both the Bible story and the Star Trek Wars saga are equally “true”.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟145,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
FWIW, I too, believe that both the Bible story and the Star Trek Wars saga are equally “true”.
I understand, as we all have different beliefs. As a Christian, I believe the Bible is true, with some metaphors (cos our Earth is 4.5 billion years old, not 6 days or 6000 years old), but I had to tell the guy that studying the nuances of the OT can get boring real fast, so I threw in a Star Wars reference to clear the boredom.

In other words, my humor is used to clear the dullness in society. Anyways, I have to get some rest, so I can finish up some Star Trek DS9 tomorrow (yes, Star Trek and Star Wars are equally good in my opinion), listen to Greg Bear- Darwin's Radio (sci-fi book), and make a pit stop at my local church for Mass. Hopefully the meaning of today's Mass carries some weight, as mass multiplied by gravity = weight. :)

Whew, it is 1:03 AM in my timezone.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
AI can be used as a tool,
AI can be used for good or evil. Some people would say you cannot thrown the baby out with the bath water. Musk thinks the gov needs to get involved to regulate things. He gave it to Bill Gates because Gates know how to avoid controversy a lot better than he does.

Microsoft and Google are working on quantum computers. Someday people will use quantum computers with their cell phone. There is talk about replacing Moore’s Law with Neven’s Law that suggests quantum computing power experiences "doubly exponential growth relative to conventional computing"2.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟145,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
AI can be used for good or evil. Some people would say you cannot thrown the baby out with the bath water. Musk thinks the gov needs to get involved to regulate things. He gave it to Bill Gates because Gates know how to avoid controversy a lot better than he does.

Microsoft and Google are working on quantum computers. Someday people will use quantum computers with their cell phone. There is talk about replacing Moore’s Law with Neven’s Law that suggests quantum computing power experiences "doubly exponential growth relative to conventional computing"2.
Quantum computing is cool stuff. Seems like I will have to use that tech in my next sci-fi plot, where a quantum computer takes over a distant planet. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums