up there
✟311,908.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
! Do you think they will have a 'after you' light and a 'thank you' symbol or are you thinking of the more aggressive ones we Christians wouldn't/shouldn't use?
These days its anyone's guess

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟66,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
A change I made recently, not because of age though, was to buy a new mattress. I have a manageable bad back and as it was hurting, and my mattress was 15 years old, I decided I needed a new one. So I researched them - WHY is everything so complicated today?

I've always heard you're supposed to flip your mattress about every six months. Nothing to do with summer/winter sides, supposedly it's to prevent sagging since we tend to sleep in the same spot all the time. Same thing for rotating, I guess? It doesn't appear to make much difference. We rotate our mattress about every other changing, and flip every six months or so. I used to be able to flip it by myself, but now I search out my husband to help and between the two of us we get it done. As I said though, I don't notice any difference, the mattress is supposed to be extra firm but but the firmness doesn't stand up anymore. After we got it I wished we'd kept the older one. It was firmer and wasn't made to be flipped. Oh well.

Any time we've gotten a new mattress the delivery guys have taken the old away. The last ones told us they send them to be recycled (not re-used :) ) at a place that manufactures mattresses. At least that's what they've said. I think next time we need one I'll check into the ones you can order online that are rolled up in a box... But then what to do with the old one? Always problems...

• Optimistic
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟311,908.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We lived through the best of times and now are approaching the worst, simply because a generation was not content to let businesses share in the wealth and Corporatism has gobbled everything up meaning poorer quality for their greater gain. The tower must collapse if things are to ever get better for the masses again. In the meantime we are to stay home, enjoy fake reality shows, food and news while we think to ourselves that sometimes improvement is not going forward but going back to when the system actually worked for the many rather than the few.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟430,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m still mad at the system but have gotten used to it. It’s still the freest country there is. Even communist countries are using up precious resources. We’ve all had a hand to get to this place we are in. And we are all in the same boat. But I see your point @timothyu we are coming off a high gorging ourselves on everything good and now what.
science, religion, philosophy? Who is going to come through and save us. As you say the point of no return. But Jesus knows the way of the righteous. Cause for hope and joy!

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟430,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It all started with disco lol

it all started with aluminum cans…. mass marketing and stereos, transistor radios, Honda 50s., Safeway Mkts. Kids.
bigger piece of the pie. Unions. Braceros. Baby booms. Kaiser medical. All at once. The times they are a changing.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟430,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I decided to help out at the dinner a few more hours. There are blessings for taking care of the poor. I look at it like I don’t visit the sick or in prison enough or clothe the naked. I do give a few cool glasses of water to praying my enemies. But they do it all there at the soup kitchen. So I get points‘ for helping’. It’s an opportunity for the kingdom of God. But I don’t care how positive I get it will still be a test, but it’s important to go with the positive. The dinner is my strength my open door to minister, to obey God, to love my neighbor. That’s it, get up about it, over the hump, to joy. And to go against the flow of my flesh until I get on the slow train and go with it.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟430,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the prayers anyone who can hear. Through everything but the kitchen sink at it on Tuesday. It was difficult but I survived. God is good the crew was nice. Pastor still needs help so he doesn’t have to do it all which is understandable. He can though but he is almost 72 also. So I just have to interact and help. Thursday morning, time to pray. I guess I am a little more confident. It helps to talk about it. I am a man I’m supposed to be perfect. But I wasn’t on Tuesday and I’m not going to be today. I learned something though about myself and others. It may come in handy. The rest is all muscle.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟83,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Thanks for the prayers anyone who can hear. Through everything but the kitchen sink at it on Tuesday. It was difficult but I survived. God is good the crew was nice. Pastor still needs help so he doesn’t have to do it all which is understandable. He can though but he is almost 72 also. So I just have to interact and help. Thursday morning, time to pray. I guess I am a little more confident. It helps to talk about it. I am a man I’m supposed to be perfect. But I wasn’t on Tuesday and I’m not going to be today. I learned something though about myself and others. It may come in handy. The rest is all muscle.

Life isn't easy, but you're amazing!

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟430,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m off until Tuesday, and just like when I was working I have to live life and do the hobby. So much to pack in, I’m tired just thinking about it. I’m going to hobby recreationally. Got stuff waiting. Prayer works in Jesus heart, and Bible reading. My wife always says read and pray everyday and everything will be ok. It was. Put the armor on folks maybe not literally. But put on hope, be prepared, take faith as a shield. Know your Bible and use it when attacked. I’m still vulnerable but God….. made me trust Him. I can help, I’m supportive, just don’t want to run the whole show. It is not about me. My pastor almost taught me everything I know about the Lord. He has the HS and his messages show it.

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟66,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I’m off until Tuesday, and just like when I was working I have to live life and do the hobby. So much to pack in, I’m tired just thinking about it. I’m going to hobby recreationally. Got stuff waiting. Prayer works in Jesus heart, and Bible reading. My wife always says read and pray everyday and everything will be ok. It was. Put the armor on folks maybe not literally. But put on hope, be prepared, take faith as a shield. Know your Bible and use it when attacked. I’m still vulnerable but God….. made me trust Him. I can help, I’m supportive, just don’t want to run the whole show. It is not about me. My pastor almost taught me everything I know about the Lord. He has the HS and his messages show it.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ;)

We imperfect humans tend to worry and fret about things too much. I read a study that said only about 9% of things we worry about actually happen. We just need to trust in God that things will work out His way and they usually do.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟430,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Self control. To stop worrying, to stop complaining , to be joyful in trials. Having self control is our part, needed to be open to God and what He wants to do. We can’t change too much by will power. Fall on the scriptures and let God give the increase. Focus on, be in alignment with the scriptures. I’m feeling like God, Jesus, the HS has done it before. Led us away from some sin, helped to make us brave, helped us be strong and go beyond our once comfort zone. To accomplish Gods will in a small or big way. Taken away illusions and delusions, if we pray.

I have a reason to be a man of self control. When we get olderGod starts depending on us to rely on Him and do our lives like we should. When we mature God wants to test our trust that we learned in our middle years. There is more dear friends, so don’t go out to pasture too soon.

I wish I could feel something though. They say men have no feelings. I still have my last one. Did David have feelings - a poet and prophet. He spoke all his truth. Did Jesus have feelings, yes and He understood them. He didn’t understand religion and hard, cold hearts. He had a warm heart. Did Jesus have compassion and lower his standards for the lost. Or did he expect perfection. He expects us to be getting better not bitter. He wants us to love like He would. He expects us to be self controlled and not be fools. Quit ye like men. Quicken.

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟66,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Self control. To stop worrying, to stop complaining , to be joyful in trials. Having self control is our part, needed to be open to God and what He wants to do. We can’t change too much by will power. Fall on the scriptures and let God give the increase. Focus on, be in alignment with the scriptures. I’m feeling like God, Jesus, the HS has done it before. Led us away from some sin, helped to make us brave, helped us be strong and go beyond our once comfort zone. To accomplish Gods will in a small or big way. Taken away illusions and delusions, if we pray.

I have a reason to be a man of self control. When we get olderGod starts depending on us to rely on Him and do our lives like we should. When we mature God wants to test our trust that we learned in our middle years. There is more dear friends, so don’t go out to pasture too soon.

I wish I could feel something though. They say men have no feelings. I still have my last one. Did David have feelings - a poet and prophet. He spoke all his truth. Did Jesus have feelings, yes and He understood them. He didn’t understand religion and hard, cold hearts. He had a warm heart. Did Jesus have compassion and lower his standards for the lost. Or did he expect perfection. He expects us to be getting better not bitter. He wants us to love like He would. He expects us to be self controlled and not be fools. Quit ye like men. Quicken.

This is very deep and thoughtful. Thank you for posting these thoughts.

Jesus has much to say to his disciples about worry in Matthew 6, words we can lean on in life.

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟430,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m getting more con-fee-dence now. Making progress. Feeling better and stronger. I know what is coming and I can handle it. As long as pastor does his part I’ll be ok. Sorry if I gossiped about him in previous posts. It’s all part of expressing your feelings on social media. I’m not justifying myself, it was in the spirit of social media, but there is quite a bit of gossip on here. I don’t see how it can be avoided with whole groups of people airing their gripes and personal lives. It’s safe to do so and even encouraged. Lots of lonely people looking for a way out of their problems or making problems for others. I am almost ready to quit.

because I have gossiped on here. Talking about people out of fear and saying it’s ok. It doesn’t take much for it to be. How can you say it’s helpful when opinions never agree. It’s the talking about it , getting it all out. Purging the poison within us. That’s what talking therapy is all about purging the poison, defusing the mind, getting counsel. It is so widespread, it is so common, it is so accepted. Nothing like a juicy story.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟311,908.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
How can you say it’s helpful when opinions never agree
The whole point is opinions are not meant to agree. We are all at different stages of development and without differing opinions there is no growth. The key is not to take another's views to heart but take what may be useful and reject the rest. We don't condemn an entre isle of produce in a store simply because a few products seem spoiled. This is why the cancel culture fails. It wipes out counter-balance. Besides, God saw no problems in confusing speech and scattering people at Babel. Confusion is essential to human life in this realm. We are even told to continually seek God, for there is never a time when we understand all or get things completely right.

• Informative
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟796,725.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I've always heard you're supposed to flip your mattress about every six months. Nothing to do with summer/winter sides, supposedly it's to prevent sagging since we tend to sleep in the same spot all the time. Same thing for rotating, I guess? It doesn't appear to make much difference. We rotate our mattress about every other changing, and flip every six months or so. I used to be able to flip it by myself, but now I search out my husband to help and between the two of us we get it done. As I said though, I don't notice any difference, the mattress is supposed to be extra firm but but the firmness doesn't stand up anymore. After we got it I wished we'd kept the older one. It was firmer and wasn't made to be flipped. Oh well.

Any time we've gotten a new mattress the delivery guys have taken the old away. The last ones told us they send them to be recycled (not re-used :) ) at a place that manufactures mattresses. At least that's what they've said. I think next time we need one I'll check into the ones you can order online that are rolled up in a box... But then what to do with the old one? Always problems...
Yes, I think it is about six months between flips. I'm still on the winter side, and getting hot, but a friend is going to help me flip it later this week. Yeah I think rotating is supposed to help prevent sagging. I've forgotten to do it over the last few weeks! What a pity you didn't keep your old one, if it was better. I kept mine just in case there was a problem with the new one. The delivery guys would have taken it away, but it cost more. The lady in the shop suggested a charity shop might take it off me. I might try that but it's quite old; I don't know if it would be of any use to them.

I liked the idea of the ones rolled in a box, but I think you have to leave them about 72 hours (?) before using. I couldn't think of where I could put it during that time though as I'd need to be sleeping on the old one, and don't have a guest bed to lay it on anymore.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟83,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
A change I'm going to attempt: avoiding sugar. My favorite sweets are cherry cobbler, brownies, and strawberry shortcake (with biscuit dough not those store bought sponge cakes). My mother never baked desserts except pumpkin pies at Christmas and Thanksgiving. The menus at Christmas and Thanksgiving were identical.

• Love
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟311,908.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Turns out we've lived through 8-9 different decades...

TWO different centuries...

TWO different millennia...

We have gone from the telephone with an operator for
calls to video calls to anywhere in the world, we have gone from
slides to YouTube, from vinyl records to online music, from
handwritten letters to email and WhatsApp...

From live matches on the radio, to black and white TV, and then to HDTV...

We went to theatres and now we watch Netflix...

We got to know the first computers, punch cards, diskettes and now we
have gigabytes and megabytes in hand on our cell phones or iPads...

We wore shorts throughout our childhood and then long pants, oxfords,
Bermuda shorts, etc.

We dodged polio, TB, infantile paralysis, meningitis, H1N1 flu and now COVID-19...

We rode skates, tricycles, invented cars, bicycles, mopeds, gasoline
or diesel cars and now we ride hybrids or 100% electric...

Yes, we've been through a lot but what a great life we've had!

They could describe us as "exennials" people who were born in that
world of the fifties, who had an analog childhood and a digital
adulthood.

We're kind of Ya-seen-it-all.

Our generation has literally lived through and witnessed more than any
other in every dimension of life.

It is our generation that has literally adapted to "CHANGE".

A big round of applause to all the members of a very special
generation, which are UNIQUE.

~ unknown

Last edited:
Upvote 0