1-100 - 100 -1 and so on...

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Yeah it's 2155 in local time now, but as I'm a student I have some flexibility :)

Exams are coming in may though :(
The nerves are coming.
I hate tests and exams, always have...

Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
The Orthodox Church has its own subforum btw and it's called TAW :)

Pay a visit sometime, it's a wonderful place slightly less active that OBOB, but much more peaceful.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah it's 2155 in local time now, but as I'm a student I have some flexibility :)

Exams are coming in may though :(
The nerves are coming.
I hate tests and exams, always have...

Yes; I hated tests; especially in college as I was on the G.I bill; where the army payed for me to go; and I had to keep at least a 'C" average; which wasn't hard to do in the classes I liked; my major--electronics communication--but in other things like speech; English (still haven't learned that language--ha!):) psychology; I would be sweating to pass with a 'c'! What year are you in? I know you've heard this before; but a relaxed mind works better; I always did better if I didn't try so much to get an "A" but figured on an 'b' or 'c' then I would usually do better then I thought I was going to--if that makes sense.o_O

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Orthodox Church has its own subforum btw and it's called TAW :)

Pay a visit sometime, it's a wonderful place slightly less active that OBOB, but much more peaceful.

Yes I have looked at the Ancient Way; but it seemed harder to understand then the Catholic ones; the Orthodox is supposed to be like the protestants aren't they?; how can they get along with the Catholics then? I have done some internet search reading on the Orthodox, Catholics, Calvinist, Judaism and others and it gets so complicated that my head hurts after about an hour and I can't remember who believes what. That is why I like the Non-denominational/ Jesus is the Lord/ is the way/ I take it all by faith; even if I somehow would forget everything I know; Jesus will save me so I will always trust Him. Oops; didn't mean to preach!:amen::)

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Yes I have looked at the Ancient Way; but it seemed harder to understand then the Catholic ones; the Orthodox is supposed to be like the protestants aren't they?; how can they get along with the Catholics then? I have done some internet search reading on the Orthodox, Catholics, Calvinist, Judaism and others and it gets so complicated that my head hurts after about an hour and I can't remember who believes what. That is why I like the Non-denominational/ Jesus is the Lord/ is the way/ I take it all by faith; even if I somehow would forget everything I know; Jesus will save me so I will always trust Him. Oops; didn't mean to preach!:amen::)

Orthodoxy is far from Protestantism really.
The differences between the Orthodox Communion and ours is mainly their rejection of the papacy and how it has evolved over the last milenna.
They teach that the Bishop of Rome should be considered the first among equals much like a gallion figure of some sort.

According to them the church is infallible, but not the pope.
So a council is protected by the Holy Ghost and when a council makes a doctrinal decision (they rarely do if ever) that decision is infallible.

The gap between Catholicism and Protestantism is often considered to be very long, where the gap which devides Catholicism and Holy Orthodoxy is considered to be very deep.

Meaning that there is very few issues to be resolved between Kremlin and Rome, but we stand VERY far from one another.
The case with Protestantism is that we arent nearly as far from one another in any single issue as is the case with the Orthodox Church, but then again there are millions of things we disagree about.

Sooo.
The Orthodox Church venerate Mary and they pray to Mary and the saints (As do we).
They have apostolic succession. (As do we).
They believe in ONE holy catholic church (As do we, but they obvioulsy think theirs is the one and only).
They believe in and celebrate all seven sacraments ( Holy Communion, Baptism, Confession, Confirmation, Marriage, Holy Orders and Anointing of the sick) (as do we).
They also believe believe that Sacred Tradition and Sacred Scripture is part of Gods revelation to man. (As do we).

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
So the only reason any protestant could have to choose Orthodoxy over Catholicism (if considering to convert to either that is) is due to their common rejection of the papacy.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
We get along fine with Orthodox christians as long as we avoid discussing the papacy and our differences in ecclesiology.
So you start preaching to me???

Are you by any means Baptist?
If so that would explain the preaching I think:p

God bless you friend more people should strive to share their faith.
After all arent we sons and daugthers of The one and only God?

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We get along fine with Orthodox christians as long as we avoid discussing the papacy and our differences in ecclesiology.
So you start preaching to me???

Are you by any means Baptist?
If so that would explain the preaching I think:p

God bless you friend more people should strive to share their faith.
After all arent we sons and daugthers of The one and only God?

You gave me a lot to think about; I have never had the two religions (Orthodoxy and Catholicism ) explained so clearly; but no I wasn't really preaching to you; that's really not my style; I just try to grasp branches (people) out of the fire; so to save one as if thru fire; as apostle Paul said.:clap:

As for being a Calvary Baptist; I have set under the preaching of them as a child and later; also Lutheran (but only for a short while at the age of 14--went through their catechism part way), Western Baptist; Assemblies of God (was Baptized there and married) 4Square and now Non-denominational. So I have a little of each of there teachings in me but if I had to say what I am would be: A sinner saved by the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ; brought through fire and much else; out of a watery grave and try to live as close as I can to what the New Testament calls "the Way".:clap:

And yes I believe we are children of God together; as long as we have accepted Jesus as our Savior; believe He rose from the dead and sets on right hand of the Father; and we endure till the end; wither that be our personal death or being raptured with the saints in the end times; to meet the Lord in the clouds.:amen:

Well that's about as close to preaching you will hear from me; there are a few things I would like to ask you about the other post above; but my typing arm needs rest and I have a feeling you must be sawing the night logs; so will catch you later/gater as they used to say. Peace in Jesus.:wave:

Upvote 0