Ohio
✟9,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Obeying the law (commandments) fulfills the law, the bible has hundreds of examples of people who disobey the laws of commands of GOD, see where this leads them.
Paul said love fulfills the law. Argue with him.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟711,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We love God, our neighbor and ourself. But it really starts with loving ourself, then our neighbor and then God.

I actually disagree with you here.

I believe first it requires knowing one's self, a real acknowledgement of yourself warts and all.

Once there you can learn about God and get to know His character. As our knowledge of Him increases our knowledge of our selves in truth before our Creator also increases.

Then, on our knees in full acknowledgement of 1.) His majesty and His Glory and 2.) our sinfulness and our need of His mercy... We realize that 2,000 years ago He prepared a room in His House just for us and we overflow in love of Him for the salvation He has offered.

Then, through His perfect eyes we can love both self and neighbor rightly.

While we are only saved once, our increase in knowledge of God continues, which means as time goes on we will also see ourselves more and more clearly as well, leading to a lot of times for repentance and improvements. It's the Christian Walk. But it's a walk centered around knowledge of God beginning with knowledge of self.

If you have a warped view of yourself you can't recognize God as a God. What's God's mercy when you're the standard? Type things. You have to really know yourself to actually see God clearly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I believe first it requires knowing one's self, a real acknowledgement of yourself warts and all.
God gives us out gifts, talents and abilities at or before conception. We need to become the person He created us to be and use what we have to bring him praise & honor & glory. I have a pastor that does a lot of miracles and healings. He is constantly trying to get the attention off of himself and onto God. That is why God is able to use him to accomplish what he does.

In Psalm 1`39 16 david tells us that God writes every page of the book of our life before we are born. The angels read that book to help us become who God intended for us to be.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
It is impossible for us to know ourselves. It is just not something we are good at as humans.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟711,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is impossible for us to know ourselves. It is just not something we are good at as humans.

It's not only possible it's necessary.

If you don't know yourself how can you remove the log from your eye? You wouldn't recognize it as being there without a knowledge of self.

I won't push the issue, but I would pray for a greater understanding from God about yourself if you think it's impossible. I see it as necessary, and nothing is impossible with God.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟167,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Matthew 7:22 MANY will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!’

There are many people who say they do not have to follow the law of God. Is this what the Bible means by "lawlessness". Did they really prophesy, drive out demons and perform miracles? Or did they just think they did?

You forgot the verse prior to it,......

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out devils, and by thy name do many mighty works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity (lawlessness).

Doing your own will is no better than being unsaved/rebellious. Just because you go to church and do certain things there in the name of Jesus, doesn't mean that you are even in the will of GOD, you are just a church goer.

It's a clarion call for Christians. If you are not doing HIs will, then you're doing your own. Be sure you are in the will of GOD.

• Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
If you are not doing HIs will, then you're doing your own.
John 6:38 "For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me".

Notice how there is a CHOICE between our will and doing the Will of our Heavenly Father?

Deuteronomy 30:19 "This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live"

The promises of God are amazing. Even we can choose health or sickness. In 1 Samuel 2:12 "12Now the sons of Eli were wicked men; they had no regard for the LORD" Why are they called evil, wicked, vile, useless? Because they ate the fat. "15Even before the fat was burned,"

The US Government health guide is 30 grams of fat a day. A cheeseburger with fries at McDonalds has 51 grams of fat. Coronary artery disease (CAD) kills more than 600,000 Americans annually, and more than 17 million people worldwide.

I had a friend tell me McDonalds is ok, he would eat breakfast there all the time. He died from a heart attack. I was surprised because he had a garden and I thought he liked to eat healthy. I guess he liked meat also.

How do we wrap our brain around the fact that 17 million people a year died from eating a high fat diet?

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟167,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
John 6:38 "For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me".

Notice how there is a CHOICE between our will and doing the Will of our Heavenly Father?

Deuteronomy 30:19 "This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live"

The promises of God are amazing. Even we can choose health or sickness. In 1 Samuel 2:12 "12Now the sons of Eli were wicked men; they had no regard for the LORD" Why are they called evil, wicked, vile, useless? Because they ate the fat. "15Even before the fat was burned,"

The US Government health guide is 30 grams of fat a day. A cheeseburger with fries at McDonalds has 51 grams of fat. Coronary artery disease (CAD) kills more than 600,000 Americans annually, and more than 17 million people worldwide.

I had a friend tell me McDonalds is ok, he would eat breakfast there all the time. He died from a heart attack. I was surprised because he had a garden and I thought he liked to eat healthy. I guess he liked meat also.

How do we wrap our brain around the fact that 17 million people a year died from eating a high fat diet?

Are you making a point or just chatting?

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Are you making a point or just chatting?
I am warning people who have not had heart disease to follow the teaching of the Bible and avoid eating fat. Dr Ornish has shown that the effect is reversible if they start to eat right. I had one stent 20 years ago. They just did a cardiac catheterization and I did not need any stents or balloons at all. The doctor was pretty happy that he had a patient that was as clear. Esp someone that already had a stint in them.

I never thought I would live this long but they continue to revive and resuscitate me. God must have a reason he is keeping me alive. I think it is because I am telling people what He wants them to know. My chance of being alive right now was one in 12,000.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums