• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Would anyone like to share their conversion story for my new book? :)

Kbreck57

Jul 9, 2024
Pittsburgh
✟569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Hi everyone!

I've recently written a book on abortion, reproductive technologies, and adoption (Amazon.com).

For my next book, I would like to compile a book of "Journey to Orthodoxy" stories from converts who have interesting conversion stories or simply just heartfelt conversion stories they'd like to share. Please let me know if you'd like to be included (email: kbreck57@gmail.com), and thanks so much!

Kbreck57

Jul 9, 2024
Pittsburgh
✟569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
There's quite a few in the stickied Militants of TAW thread. I think I shared mine in mid-2007 or so, but I could share more details.
Oh, that's great. Thank you for letting me know. :) If you would like to share more details, I'm mainly looking for what denomination you were raised (if any), how you found Orthodoxy, and why you decided to convert. Of course, anything else you'd like to share! Thanks!

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟551,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi everyone!

I've recently written a book on abortion, reproductive technologies, and adoption (Amazon.com).

For my next book, I would like to compile a book of "Journey to Orthodoxy" stories from converts who have interesting conversion stories or simply just heartfelt conversion stories they'd like to share. Please let me know if you'd like to be included (email: kbreck57@gmail.com), and thanks so much!

Sure, I’ll share mine with you. Although its both very short and very long, and the long version involves some slightly comical hijinks including but not limited to falling down a staircase at a Patriarchal Divine Liturgy.

There is a joke that in Orthodoxy we don’t believe in organized religion, and my conversion proves it.

I’m not entirely sure you’d want it for your book however since its obviously not the path new converts should follow. Especially the falling down the staircase bit.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟147,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
There is a joke that in Orthodoxy we don’t believe in organized religion, and my conversion proves it.
That used to be a bumper sticker!

Orthodoxy: Disorganize Religion at its Finest

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟253,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi everyone!

Hello! It's good to meet another author. But please be careful sharing your books (attaching a link to your books such as through Amazon), because my past posts on my books was pulled. Can't advertise (or market) our books on this website, from my experience. Good luck on your next book!

Upvote 0