• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Whistleblower Faces Indictment

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟476,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

The short version of this is that the state AG had decided that "gender affirming care" was essentially child abuse and no general practitioner should provide gender affirming care to any minors. This was back in 2022...and the hospital in question stated that they would no longer provide gender affirming care to minors a couple of months later.

Turns out, the hospital was lying, and the doctor being charged here it. He got access to a database he knew about....and released evidence that the hospital was lying to the public and the state AG. He released evidence of the hospital providing treatment to minors (he didn't release any personally identifying information of the patients) and now he's being prosecuted for illegally obtaining the medical records.

A couple of interesting facts....

1. He was given access to the information by the hospital. While he obviously cannot legally disseminate this information, he hasn't harmed anyone except the hospital who was lying about the practices they engaged in.

2. There appears to be little concern over the hospital's lies and child abuse. If the state of Texas views gender affirming care as child abuse....then all this whistleblower did was expose a hospital engaging in child abuse. I would imagine that if any hospital were engaged in child abuse, we would want a doctor to expose it and if the police found out about it before any doctor exposed it.....we would have wanted the doctors to snitch on their coworkers.

I can't help but think back to so many posters who lamented the evil police for not whistleblowing on their coworkers. Poster after poster proclaiming that everything would work out so much better if cops snitched on each other. A pervasive belief that the reason why they don't is that they secretly approved of or protected rule breakers.

I would suggest that this doctor did what we all want him to do....he held this lying hospital accountable. You may not agree with the policy....but imagine them violating a policy you do agree with. Do you want a whistleblower to expose the hospital in that case?

I don't think this man did anything wrong and the hospital should be investigated.

Thoughts?

Astrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟172,449.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship

The short version of this is that the state AG had decided that "gender affirming care" was essentially child abuse and no general practitioner should provide gender affirming care to any minors. This was back in 2022...and the hospital in question stated that they would no longer provide gender affirming care to minors a couple of months later.

Turns out, the hospital was lying, and the doctor being charged here it. He got access to a database he knew about....and released evidence that the hospital was lying to the public and the state AG. He released evidence of the hospital providing treatment to minors (he didn't release any personally identifying information of the patients) and now he's being prosecuted for illegally obtaining the medical records.

A couple of interesting facts....

1. He was given access to the information by the hospital. While he obviously cannot legally disseminate this information, he hasn't harmed anyone except the hospital who was lying about the practices they engaged in.

2. There appears to be little concern over the hospital's lies and child abuse. If the state of Texas views gender affirming care as child abuse....then all this whistleblower did was expose a hospital engaging in child abuse. I would imagine that if any hospital were engaged in child abuse, we would want a doctor to expose it and if the police found out about it before any doctor exposed it.....we would have wanted the doctors to snitch on their coworkers.

I can't help but think back to so many posters who lamented the evil police for not whistleblowing on their coworkers. Poster after poster proclaiming that everything would work out so much better if cops snitched on each other. A pervasive belief that the reason why they don't is that they secretly approved of or protected rule breakers.

I would suggest that this doctor did what we all want him to do....he held this lying hospital accountable. You may not agree with the policy....but imagine them violating a policy you do agree with. Do you want a whistleblower to expose the hospital in that case?

I don't think this man did anything wrong and the hospital should be investigated.

Thoughts?
There's what you do. And how you do it.

If hospital personnel committed a crime,
then they should be prosecuted.

Upvote 0