• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

When the rain came, could Noah's contemporaries board the ark?

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟138,414.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For decades, while building his ark, Noah warned his contemporaries. BSB 2 Peter 2:

5 If He did not spare the ancient world when He brought the flood on its ungodly people, but preserved Noah, a preacher of righteousness, among the eight;
His contemporaries knew about his building project but didn't believe him.

Gen 7:

1 The LORD said to Noah, “Go into the ark, you and all your family, because I have found you righteous in this generation. 2 You are to take with you seven pairs of every kind of clean animal ... . 4 For seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living thing I have made.”
That was the final 7-day warning to Noah's contemporaries. Boarding of the animals had started.

13 On that very day Noah entered the ark, along with his sons Shem, Ham, and Japheth, and his wife, and the three wives of his sons. … 16 And they entered, the male and female of every living thing, as God had commanded Noah. Then the LORD shut him in.
That was it. No more might board the ark. Then the rain came and continued for 40 days.

When the rain came, could Noah's contemporaries board the ark?

No, by then, it was too late. They had decades to repent but didn't. They didn't believe Noah's warning. They thought it was a day just like other days.

Mt 24:

37 For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, 39 and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram