• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

What we know about Thomas Matthew Crooks, the suspected Trump rally shooter

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,019,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
coverage.

(NewsNation) — Early Sunday morning, the FBI said the attempted assassin at President Donald Trump’s rally was a 20-year-old man named Thomas Matthew Crooks. Secret Service shot and killed Crooks seconds later.

The attack is the most serious attempt to assassinate a president or presidential candidate since Ronald Reagan was shot in 1981.

The former president, according to Trump campaign officials, is “fine.”

Continued below.

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟295,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That somebody tried to kill Trump should not be surprising; the Democrats and the media bear a great deal of the blame. Read on:

Opinion: The attempted assassination of Trump is not nearly as surprising as it should be​

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟672,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
That somebody tried to kill Trump should not be surprising; the Democrats and the media bear a great deal of the blame. Read on:

Opinion: The attempted assassination of Trump is not nearly as surprising as it should be​

Suddenly (and without a hint of hypocrisy) conservatives are embracing the narrative that someone can talk people into inciting violence.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟295,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,269,961.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Suddenly (and without a hint of hypocrisy) conservatives are embracing the narrative that someone can talk people into inciting violence.
I assume you are implying the false narrative that Trump incited people to violence on January 6th.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟672,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I assume you are implying the false narrative that Trump incited people to violence on January 6th.
That's both a yes and a no.
If you had simply said "narrative" without the adjective we'd find common ground.

Donald Trump entered the foray of politics with incendiary rhetoric even before he took a ride down the escalator. It is part and parcel of his delivery and through his repitition it has become normalized. I recall numerous threads on his assertions toward violence (i.e. "punch'em in the face.." and then someone does) that have been dismissed by his supoorters as nothing more than a figure of speech.
It is not merely January 6th. It's who he is and what his supportes have embraced.

here we are, his supporters are making the about face.

Last edited:
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟161,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
If you had simply said "narrative" without the adjective we'd find common ground.

Donald Trump entered the foray of politics with incendiary rhetoric even before he took a ride down the escalator. It is part and parcel of his delivery and through his repitition it has become normalized. I recall numerous threads on his assertions toward violence (i.e. "punch'em in the face.." and then someone does) that have been dismissed by his supoorters as nothing more than a figure of speech.
It is not merely January 6th. It's who he is and what his supportes have embraced.

Lol walking around inside the capitol is definitely like shooting someone in the head

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,156,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Um, this is about the shooter and not those shot. Please make a note of it. I also see two Orthodox arguing with each other in OBOB, which is kind of out there in itself. Please figure THAT out.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟307,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

They try to blame Trump for being shot! Deplorable!!

Upvote 0