• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

What bible do you trust most, and which one do you trust least?

DraculKain

Orthodox Christian
Jun 21, 2019
Indiana
✟161,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
@The Liturgist What's your opinion on the Peshitta which is used by Oriental Orthodox and even some Maronite Catholics?

I would love to own one, but I don't know where to order it.

Blessings

A different user here but Gorgias Press, with the blessing of the Syriac Patriarch of Antioch, has released the Antioch Bible New Testament translated from the Peshitta. They are also currently in the process of translating the Peshitta Old Testament.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟311,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
A different user here but Gorgias Press, with the blessing of the Syriac Patriarch of Antioch, has released the Antioch Bible New Testament translated from the Peshitta. They are also currently in the process of translating the Peshitta Old Testament.
How many books of the Old Testament does it have? I know the syriac church has the most books in its canon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟815,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What bible do you trust most, and which one do you trust least?

ESV is the one I trust most. I don't know which one I trust least. I just stick with the couple translations I find trustworthy.

Upvote 0

DraculKain

Orthodox Christian
Jun 21, 2019
Indiana
✟161,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
How many books of the Old Testament does it have? I know the syriac church has the most books in its canon.
It’s the Ethiopians who have the biggest canon. I believe Syriacs have roughly the same canon as Eastern Orthodoxy with a few extra Psalms.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟596,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It’s the Ethiopians who have the biggest canon. I believe Syriacs have roughly the same canon as Eastern Orthodoxy with a few extra Psalms.
I have heard of that. If I am not mistaken, the Ethiopians have 80 Bible books or something along those lines.

Upvote 0