• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Trapped in church hearing about EGW

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟412,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think we all know the feeling of "trapped in church", when the sermon is either very boring and/or something we think is mistaken. Don't worry next week will be better! :)
I visited the church because I thought I would hear a better sermon, normally the guy is very biblical, but this was propaganda. but it is what i expect when I attend the SDA church, so i can't complaining to hard.

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟545,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Trapped In church listening to sermon on the credibility of Ellen White as a prophet. Put a gun to my head and kill me already.
Hey, if a church sermon bothers you, it is always possible to walk out. I am not an Adventist, but this applies to all sermons regardless of denomination. God blessed myself for never having to walk out of a sermon before, but it is always possible for a bad sermon to happen. Don't worry, brother. God is with you, and He understands if one must leave the church building. :)

I do not know much about the context of this, but the only prophets that existed were back in Biblical times, though, we can all profess the Good News. Also, some Christians may have the ability to make predictions of the future with some margin of error, but not as well as what Daniel, Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel did.

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟412,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hey, if a church sermon bothers you, it is always possible to walk out. I am not an Adventist, but this applies to all sermons regardless of denomination. God blessed myself for never having to walk out of a sermon before, but it is always possible for a bad sermon to happen. Don't worry, brother. God is with you, and He understands if one must leave the church building. :)

I do not know much about the context of this, but the only prophets that existed were back in Biblical times, though, we can all profess the Good News. Also, some Christians may have the ability to make predictions of the future with some margin of error, but not as well as what Daniel, Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel did.
No I was literally trapped in the church I wanted to walk out but I couldn't. I went to a really small church because the pastor was really good but once I sat down and he started preaching there was no way for me to exit the door there was literally people in my way.

• Wow
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟545,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No I was literally trapped in the church I wanted to walk out but I couldn't. I went to a really small church because the pastor was really good but once I sat down and he started preaching there was no way for me to exit the door there was literally people in my way.
Wait, what church is so crowded that you can not leave? At most churches I have been to (a few protestant ones, and my Catholic church), the exits are easily reachable, even from the middle pew or seat. What happens if there is an evacuation or fire? Might want to sit closer to the exit, man. :)

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟412,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wait, what church is so crowded that you can not leave? At most churches I have been to (a few protestant ones, and my Catholic church), the exits are easily reachable, even from the middle pew or seat. What happens if there is an evacuation or fire? Might want to sit closer to the exit, man. :)
it was so small and people people were blocking the exit, small building medium crowd, stragitically positioned.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟412,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hey, if worse come to worse, there are always other churches.
being an SDA, it is difficult to imagine going to another church. There are differences of Theology, Spirituality, Social Culture, education, practice.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟545,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
being an SDA, it is difficult to imagine going to another church. There are differences of Theology, Spirituality, Social Culture, education, practice.
That is true, denominations differ slightly on theology and culture, though we are all one body in Christ. :)

Upvote 0