• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

'They're crying': Tim Tebow unveils new effort to combat child sexual abuse

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,028,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tim Tebow (C) discusses the Renewed Hope Act of 2024 at the U.S. Capitol on Sept. 10, 2024. Sens. John Cornyn (R) and Richard Blumenthal (R), and Reps. Laurel Lee (L) and Debbie Wasserman (L) introduced the legislation.
Tim Tebow (C) discusses the Renewed Hope Act of 2024 at the U.S. Capitol on Sept. 10, 2024. Sens. John Cornyn (R) and Richard Blumenthal (R), and Reps. Laurel Lee (L) and Debbie Wasserman (L) introduced the legislation. | Samantha Kamman/The Christian Post

WASHINGTON — Abused children are waiting to be rescued, declared retired football star Tim Tebow as he read aloud messages from sex offenders bragging about their preferences for children or having exploitative content of babies on their computers.

One sex offender asked what the others were into, and another replied that he had a preference for children ages 5 to 9. Another offender wrote that he has a daughter he would love to share with the others, while another admitted that he had 20 terabytes of baby rape videos that he was willing to sell.

The former Heisman Trophy winner read chatroom posts from sex offenders to help people understand the threat predators pose to children during a press conference on Capitol Hill this week to introduce a bill to fight exploitation.

Continued below.

• Prayers
Reactions: Vambram

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,195,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It is so tiresome to see many conservatives try to portray this as an "immigrant problem." They use it to incite hatred of those they call invaders.
I have met a number of women who were assaulted as children.
Often in sleepy southern towns by dysfunctional relatives.
The first thing this bill mentions is involvement of INS.
Not only is immigrant hatred incited; it also gives people a false sense of security about all our home-grown creepy Uncles
I support the bill; I descry treating this like a border problem. When we saw the Caveziel movie all about the Hispanic sex traffickers, we looked up statistics showing this is uncommon. If Immigrant children are trafficked, it is usually by Americans flying down.
We need to educate and adequately supervise our own children.
We need ministries and help for runaways.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟124,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is so tiresome to see many conservatives try to portray this as an "immigrant problem." They use it to incite hatred of those they call invaders.
I have met a number of women who were assaulted as children.
Often in sleepy southern towns by dysfunctional relatives.
The first thing this bill mentions is involvement of INS.
Not only is immigrant hatred incited; it also gives people a false sense of security about all our home-grown creepy Uncles
I support the bill; I descry treating this like a border problem. When we saw the Caveziel movie all about the Hispanic sex traffickers, we looked up statistics showing this is uncommon. If Immigrant children are trafficked, it is usually by Americans flying down.
We need to educate and adequately supervise our own children.
We need ministries and help for runaways.
Are you denying that there is human and children trafficking coming across the borders?

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,195,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am asserting, using the research from the referenced book and other longitudinal.studies, that first generation immigrants commit fewer crimes--acrossthe board--than native-born Americans.

The sad thong is that the relentless dog whistles from one candidate results in misappropriation of resources. A sex trafficking bill needs to be focused proportionately in the areas of greatest danger: domestic runaways. Domestic pedophilia and incest-- focusing on education and better parental supervision. Focusing on cyber crime and dangerous social media.

And, in proportion with the reality instead of the rampant, possibly racist, lies and exaggeration, border crimes.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟124,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe that the multiple tens of thousands of missing, or unaccounted for, immigrant children would dearly love for the vast majority of the government and the people of the USA do much, much, much more than we have been doing to find and rescue them.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟124,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟124,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,195,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I believe some of the missing, unaccounted for immigrant children are the ones who were separated from their parents during the Trump Administration years.

Dealing with sex trafficking, pedophilia, and sexual assault must be done with a focus on all sources--domestic and foreign...and since most are domestic, that means the focus on immigrants--in order to satisfy the lies and rabble-rousing of a presidential candidate--will not be part of a knee-jerk reaction but instead part of a comprehensive program.

While we are at it, I truly believe that if this sex-trafficking "invasion" was anywhere near as prevalent as the rabble-rousing indicates, that enough Republican Senators of conscience would have ignored the call of their leader to vote "no" for campaign purposes, and instead would have done whatever they could to stop this problem.

Upvote 0

All Becomes New

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟217,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I believe some of the missing, unaccounted for immigrant children are the ones who were separated from their parents during the Trump Administration years.

Dealing with sex trafficking, pedophilia, and sexual assault must be done with a focus on all sources--domestic and foreign...and since most are domestic, that means the focus on immigrants--in order to satisfy the lies and rabble-rousing of a presidential candidate--will not be part of a knee-jerk reaction but instead part of a comprehensive program.

While we are at it, I truly believe that if this sex-trafficking "invasion" was anywhere near as prevalent as the rabble-rousing indicates, that enough Republican Senators of conscience would have ignored the call of their leader to vote "no" for campaign purposes, and instead would have done whatever they could to stop this problem.

You want to win political points for the left with your rhetoric? Disgusting.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,195,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Excuse me.

I submitted a link which features an interview with authors who did comprehensive, exhaustive research on immigrant crime--finding that first-generation immigrants commit fewer crimes than the population as a whole. The article also goes over perceptions, polling, and other studies on immigration.

The person trying to win political points on immigration is the candidate who exaggerates it to such a fever pitch, using an arsenal of lies and exaggeration. Instead of inspiring people and making proposals for the common good, he has discovered that blind fear and hate works for him.

Because I (and other progressives) care about child sexual abuse so much that we want a results-oriented, need-oriented set of priorities, putting the money where it can have the greatest effect---while obviously increasing resources in every area, including border sex trafficking--according to the reality of the situation, not angry dog whistles.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟124,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe that one of the most important points which Tim Tebow was talking about before Congress, and also in the interviews which he has done on this topic, is that NOBODY in government or in the USA and the rest of the world is doing NEARLY enough to rescue kids from sex trafficking and abuse. Just like Tim Tebow, I am not attempting to make this topic to be an attack against any one side of politics. Instead, all up and down in American society, we far too often appear to turn a blind eye to the horrors of the thousands upon thousands upon thousands of children being sexually abused in the USA.

Upvote 0

Hoping2

Aug 15, 2024
Phoenix
✟4,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe that one of the most important points which Tim Tebow was talking about before Congress, and also in the interviews which he has done on this topic, is that NOBODY in government or in the USA and the rest of the world is doing NEARLY enough to rescue kids from sex trafficking and abuse. Just like Tim Tebow, I am not attempting to make this topic to be an attack against any one side of politics. Instead, all up and down in American society, we far too often appear to turn a blind eye to the horrors of the thousands upon thousands upon thousands of children being sexually abused in the USA.
What can we do ?
As long as anything like the dark-web exists, nothing stands in the bad guys' way.

Sting operations might help some.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,195,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Nevertheless, the bill referenced in the article you posted listed, in the first sentence, the Immigration and Naturalization Service.

I want a comprehensive bill that will be most effective in helping children--and that means lots (not all) of focus on cyber crimes, domestic violence and abuse, and teen runaways. Don't you want the law to focus most of its attention where needed?

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟124,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nevertheless, the bill referenced in the article you posted listed, in the first sentence, the Immigration and Naturalization Service.

I want a comprehensive bill that will be most effective in helping children--and that means lots (not all) of focus on cyber crimes, domestic violence and abuse, and teen runaways. Don't you want the law to focus most of its attention where needed?
I want people to focus on this problem EVERYWHERE that its needed and political divisions should not even be a factor in the topic of child sexual assault and abuse.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟205,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In the movie, "Sound of Freedom", they show the children trafficked at the US border.

Caviezel was attacked when the movie was released, but it turned out to be a poke in the
eye for US politicians who deny it happens. Turning a blind eye toward it won't make it go
away.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,195,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
He was attacked because he was greatly exaggerating one cause of trafficking to heighten immigrant fears while ignoring the mist obvious and prevalent causes.
My friends and I researched it after watching the movie and learned it was more flame-fanning than concern over trafficking. Sad but true. Q-Anon has been pushing this false narrative since 2016, standing on street corners in my town. They sucked in naive but good-hearted people with their lies and introduced them to their cult of hate.
Yes, sex trafficking exists along the border, but it accounts for a very small portion and distracts us from the most serious causes.
If you want to enlist support, disengage the narrative from immigrant hatred and suggest comprehensive solutions.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟124,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is NOT about immigrant hatred. This is about recognizing the sex slave trade of child trafficking that is happening all across the world.

Upvote 0