• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

The Wicked Obtain Mercy By Repentance

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟136,627.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Ezekiel 33:
11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked;
but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways;
for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
12 Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people,
The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression:
as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he
turns from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live
for his righteousness in the day that he sins.

The Destruction Of The Wicked Is Assured By the Lord,
and this is the message to the lost,
turn from your evil ways and obtain mercy.

Isaiah 55:
6 Seek the Lord while He may be found,
Call upon Him while He is near.
7 Let the wicked forsake his way,
And the unrighteous man his thoughts;
Let him return to the Lord,
And He will have mercy on him;
And to our God,
For He will abundantly pardon

There are some who deny this truth, stating that certain individuals
are preordained to be wicked and go to hell.

What is preordained is the assurance of destruction
for those who remain unrepentant.
In fact, there are some whom the Lord
will harden their hearts, such as blasphemers.

Well did the Lord speak against those who teach doctrines of men.

Matthew 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them,
Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

Thankfully, their thoughts and ways are not of God.

Isaiah 55:

8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.

• Agree
Reactions: Grip Docility

David Lamb

May 30, 2024
Paignton
✟21,631.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Repentance is the missing note in much evangelistic preaching. The "Free Grace" crowd even deny it is necessary for salvation.
Well, I believe in God's free grace, but I certainly don't deny that repentance is necessary for salvation, and I have not come across a church or individual who both believes in the doctrines of grace and also denies the necessity of repentance.

Upvote 0

Jeff Carr

Feb 15, 2018
Sydney
✟25,968.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
Well, I believe in God's free grace, but I certainly don't deny that repentance is necessary for salvation, and I have not come across a church or individual who both believes in the doctrines of grace and also denies the necessity of repentance.
Hi David,
I was referring to the "Free Grace" crowd for example, Charles Ryrie, who deny repentance. By 'doctrines of grace' do you mean Calvinism? Calvinists historically emphasize repentance as do real Arminians like myself.

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟176,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
and I have not come across a church or individual who both believes in the doctrines of grace and also denies the necessity of repentance.
Stick around. There are people on this very board that deny the necessity of repentance after one has received Christ.

Upvote 0