• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

The weakness that humbles….

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟285,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
2 Corinthians 12:9 (NASB20)
And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What weakness is being extolled as that which is necessary for His power to dwell in one...?

It is the weakness of when one comes to the end of oneself, for it being the weakness that humbles one before God…. For it is this weakness of when one truly sees from the bottom of one’s heart one is undone, without strength, when one sees that of a truth nothing good dwells in one…. It is from this place, this place of total weakness that faith raises its head as that faith that saves, this faith that looks to Christ to be its All and All….. It is from this place where one’s sees the corruption that is oneself, than the humbling that comes from one knowing of one’s weaknesses, for it is this knowing that leads one’s eyes to look to Christ…. It is from this place that the power of God works in one according to the strength and depths of that one’s looking to Christ…..

For it is in the seeing from the truth that it is the fall into this life of this materiality that is our separation from God, it being the earth created out of the light and the darkness of the first day….. For this light and darkness being both the good and the evil this creation was created out of….

For our salvation is a real pulling of one, out of the darkness into the light in the time of this life, being, the humbleness caused by seeing one’s weaknesses meeting His strength in the realm of faith….

Unto Him be our all, a fellow follower, Not me

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟476,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then is salvation only for the incompetent and weak? It sure was meant for this misfit and unable being. The strong are missing completeness and the Bible satisfies them. I couldn’t live without the way the HS works in me, which is different from how He works in them. The gifted still need Him, but their gifts can provide for an unrepentant heart.
You are saying we are all weak to save ourselves. But to save and complete and have joy in our labors. Or to be a good man, a strong man. Does weakness end with Christ? I need him everyday! We lose something without Him. Then that kind of corruption.

Without Him the talented can become dishonest, leaders that accept evil. But some of us are like catfish or potatoes with dirt in the center that don’t function right. Others function ok but need the aesthetics. Jesus is for all our hope of glory. None can endure eternity w/o Him.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟476,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, humbles, what we can’t do. The over achiever. The mentally ill. The sick, the thirsty for justice, the persecuted who can’t live a victorious life except by dying. Humbling is necessary, it’s key, to repent as you say of us. To stop trying to be better and look up and embrace the father and Jesus. I’ve been wrong. You are right. And pushing all our efforts daily into the background even repress and go the right way, to God. With all our heart soul mind and strength.

Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟285,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then is salvation only for the incompetent and weak? It sure was meant for this misfit and unable being. The strong are missing completeness and the Bible satisfies them. I couldn’t live without the way the HS works in me, which is different from how He works in them. The gifted still need Him, but their gifts can provide for an unrepentant heart.
You are saying we are all weak to save ourselves. But to save and complete and have joy in our labors. Or to be a good man, a strong man. Does weakness end with Christ? I need him everyday! We lose something without Him. Then that kind of corruption.

Without Him the talented can become dishonest, leaders that accept evil. But some of us are like catfish or potatoes with dirt in the center that don’t function right. Others function ok but need the aesthetics. Jesus is for all our hope of glory. None can endure eternity w/o Him.
May we all be blessed as those that need a doctor and may all our relationships with Him grow and abound…

A fellow follower, Not me

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟596,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
2 Corinthians 12:9 (NASB20)
And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What weakness is being extolled as that which is necessary for His power to dwell in one...?

It is the weakness of when one comes to the end of oneself, for it being the weakness that humbles one before God…. For it is this weakness of when one truly sees from the bottom of one’s heart one is undone, without strength, when one sees that of a truth nothing good dwells in one…. It is from this place, this place of total weakness that faith raises its head as that faith that saves, this faith that looks to Christ to be its All and All….. It is from this place where one’s sees the corruption that is oneself, than the humbling that comes from one knowing of one’s weaknesses, for it is this knowing that leads one’s eyes to look to Christ…. It is from this place that the power of God works in one according to the strength and depths of that one’s looking to Christ…..

For it is in the seeing from the truth that it is the fall into this life of this materiality that is our separation from God, it being the earth created out of the light and the darkness of the first day….. For this light and darkness being both the good and the evil this creation was created out of….

For our salvation is a real pulling of one, out of the darkness into the light in the time of this life, being, the humbleness caused by seeing one’s weaknesses meeting His strength in the realm of faith….

Unto Him be our all, a fellow follower, Not me
Add 2 Corinthians 11:30 to this as well. :)

2 Corinthians 11:30 (NIV): "If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness." 11:30 (NIV): "If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness."

2 Corinthians 11:30 is a passage where the apostle Paul is expressing his humility. He says that if he must boast, he will boast about his weaknesses, rather than his strengths or accomplishments. This teaching is a reminder that true humility comes from recognizing our limitations and imperfections, and not from boasting about our achievements or comparing ourselves to others.

From "Putting Pride to Death", May 18, 2024 devotional: Putting Pride to Death (Matthew 6:2, 2 Corinthians 11:30, Proverbs 11:2)

Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟285,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Add 2 Corinthians 11:30 to this as well. :)

2 Corinthians 11:30 (NIV): "If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness." 11:30 (NIV): "If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness."

2 Corinthians 11:30 is a passage where the apostle Paul is expressing his humility. He says that if he must boast, he will boast about his weaknesses, rather than his strengths or accomplishments. This teaching is a reminder that true humility comes from recognizing our limitations and imperfections, and not from boasting about our achievements or comparing ourselves to others.

From "Putting Pride to Death", May 18, 2024 devotional: Putting Pride to Death (Matthew 6:2, 2 Corinthians 11:30, Proverbs 11:2)
Thanks and blessings as we learn of Him…..

A fellow follower, Not me

Upvote 0