• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

The leading of God?

Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟141,118.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hey I had a question- I have never felt the leading of God to do anything, it has been like this since I was saved 21 years ago, I never sense God's leading at all, nothing, I just have to guess as to what he wants. What should I do? Should I just do what I feel compelled to do and just assume God is leading me? I wasn't sure what church I should go to tomorrow morning but I asked God where He wants me to go but like always I never experience any leading at all, I have no idea what God wants me to do, should I just go wherever I want to and just assume God is leading me? I have to make a decision, I have to do something.

Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟141,118.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If nothing comes to me where I should go should I just pick one? There is a nearby church that I want to go to to get prayer but I am concerned that maybe God doesn't want me to go there, if nothing comes should I just go?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Stone-n-Steel

Site Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Texas
✟259,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dave,

If your confident about what the Gospel of your Salvation is perhaps you can share that with others.

1Tim 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

If you're unsure about the Gospel then find a church close to home that you are welcome at and preaches a message close to what you believe and attend. If they are not giving you spiritual food then find another. Engagement is the best way to be lead.

Keep in mind that if you are only Praying for a sign and not reading or studying the word you are going to have a problem. What scriptures are you reading this week?

Work on being "zealous of good works." (Titus 2:14) and see who shows up.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟297,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If nothing comes to me where I should go should I just pick one? There is a nearby church that I want to go to to get prayer but I am concerned that maybe God doesn't want me to go there, if nothing comes should I just go?
God gave us a reasoning faculty to use.
He gave us his word to inform that reasoning.
If you are in agreement with the word of God, what you prefer is God's will for you, until he makes it abundantly clear that it is not, or simply blocks it so that you cannot.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟867,367.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Eve could eat from lots of trees, but just one was off limits.
Lots of times we want God to lead us to the right school, job, place to live, spouse, and church when it might not matter near as much as what we do when we get there. These are all opportunities.

Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟121,210.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey I had a question- I have never felt the leading of God to do anything, it has been like this since I was saved 21 years ago, I never sense God's leading at all, nothing, I just have to guess as to what he wants. What should I do? Should I just do what I feel compelled to do and just assume God is leading me? I wasn't sure what church I should go to tomorrow morning but I asked God where He wants me to go but like always I never experience any leading at all, I have no idea what God wants me to do, should I just go wherever I want to and just assume God is leading me? I have to make a decision, I have to do something.
Really good question. I think we're all different. God created individuals. Some seem to get very specific guidance, such as some of the biblical figures and some today in ministry. However, God doesn't really need us to do anything. He just wants us to be exactly the way He made us. He didn't make a mistake in making a single individual--all of us were designed to reflect Him in some way.

I'm a bit like you. But I do feel led--led by His love. That is the way He has always spoken to me--perhaps because my anger takes hold so easily, or I get complacent in how well I treat people. So when that love comes to mind, and I respond to it, it is there in my heart guiding me to do the right thing.

There is much in life I used to wait on God to do, and very little happened. But there were also times when I felt freedom to make choices, such as choosing where I lived, and I felt bursts of freedom from God to do as I pleased. I gradually began to understand that we're not slaves, but children. God watches to see if we will make good choices, wise choices--choices that bring Him glory.

So much of life means we have a very long tether, in which we can extend our free will way out in many directions, without breaking free of God's love. But we must remain tied to God's love and holiness. Sometimes we get too legalistic in our efforts to be holy, but we need to be mindful that God is love and does not sanction any kind of evil. He just knows we live in a flawed world, and should not try to eradicate it on our own. We have to live with it and show the world grace.

We don't need to pray about when to tie our shoe laces in the morning. We don't need to pray as to when to eat, or how much to eat. So much of it is the gift of His wisdom, when we pursue Him in that way. So we don't need to be told to live on a spiritually-nutritious diet--it goes without saying. Without wisdom we'll wander, and we all know where that leads.

If you know God you know what pleases Him. It isn't being chained to a monastery, but it is our choice to chain ourselves to Him and to His love. Love trusts, and He does show that He trusts us. That's part of HIs "guidance."

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟983,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe He is leading you to
not attend any Congregation. Blessings.

Upvote 0