• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

The 10 Commandments and the Law of Moses

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟232,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hebrews 11, the Hero's of Faith.
Amen,! where does this begin?

Heb 11:4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

What law?
Ro 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Gen 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Who are the fathers Abraham goes to in peace?
Ge 15:15 And thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age.

Does Hebrews tell us? I think so.

Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
Ro 8:24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
Ro 8:25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
Ro 12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in

Abraham had his faith tested in the promise of life after death
Ge 22:1 And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold,

And God made the promise sure by an oath, which is without repentance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Devoted to Jesus
Jan 19, 2024
quebec
✟37,998.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
2Jn 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

2Jn 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

2Jn 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟8,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Jesus, is the Law. Jesus' obedience surpasses that of all humanity. Jesus was the only One, capable of "fulfilling" the Law. Evil persists, but Jesus has already spiritually conquered it.

We are waiting for the fulfillment of the Physical conquering. (When He is King over all the Earth) We have a promise, of Righteousness, but in the meantime, we have been given our Wedding Garments. (Matthew 22:11 “But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. 12 He asked, 'How did you get in here without wedding clothes, friend? ' The man was speechless."

The wedding Garment is Christ's righteousness (Galatians 3:27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.)

Ephesians 4:24 and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟232,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
What was the faith Abraham had before he was circumcised?

Ro 4:11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

Ge 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Gen 22:16 And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:
17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; {shore: Heb. lip }
18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

Rom 9:6 ¶ Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟8,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
God, the Spotless Lamb, took the fate of us goats and allowed Himself to be counted a goat, so us goats could be counted as the Spotless Lamb.

I know that I'm not worthy, but that's why Grace means: Unmerited Favor.

Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟232,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
God, the Spotless Lamb, took the fate of us goats and allowed Himself to be counted a goat, so us goats could be counted as the Spotless Lamb.

I know that I'm not worthy, but that's why Grace means: Unmerited Favor.
Ah yes......Did not John preach him?
Joh 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. {taketh away: or, beareth }
Joh 1:36 And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

Gen 22:7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? {lamb: or, kid }
8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.
12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.
13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.
In the mount of the Lord it shall be seen....
14 And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen. {Jehovahjireh: that is, The Lord will see, or, provide }

Heb 11:19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟349,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes!! And this is why the ten commandments have always been viewed as obligatory by the ancient churches. Many Protestant churches, as well, continued to hold them up as important and relevant to one degree or another. And not only did Jesus point to the obedience of them as necessary in Matt 19 but Paul referenced the ten commandments specifically as being holy, right, good, and spiritual in Rom 7 and as being fulfilled by love in Rom 13.

By love, with Christ, under grace, walking by the Spirit, we can accomplish what we could not accomplish on our own, under the law: the law which could only testify to righteousness (and consequently only serve to convict us of our unrighteousness) but could never deliver it. Grace gives us the ability to do just that, to be obedient, to be and to do what we were created to be and to do. "Apart from Me you can do nothing" John 15:5. That's the message of the gospel: to be with God=man's justice/righteousness. To be apart from Him=injustice/unrighteousness. We're hopelessly lost and inevitably sinful if apart from Him. And that "apartness" came about in Eden with the Fall of man when Adam opted out of obedience to God. Our righteousness begins and ends with Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0