• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

SSPX question

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
Northern California
✟451,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not an authority on this but I don't see anything wrong with it. I think Lefebvre had great intentions, however misguided he might've been in their execution. Sometimes I don't think we'll know the truth of whether he was completely in the right or not until we enter eternity ourselves.

As far as their sacraments, they're valid but illicit. A few years back, I think it was during the year of mercy, Pope Francis permitted allowed Catholics to go to confess to SSPX priests if they wanted.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟308,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not an authority on this but I don't see anything wrong with it. I think Lefebvre had great intentions, however misguided he might've been in their execution. Sometimes I don't think we'll know the truth of whether he was completely in the right or not until we enter eternity ourselves.

As far as their sacraments, they're valid but illicit. A few years back, I think it was during the year of mercy, Pope Francis permitted allowed Catholics to go to confess to SSPX priests if they wanted.
Thanks for the info!

That's my understanding as well.

Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟144,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I would be a regular in a SSPX Mass if one were near, and there were no FSSP near. It is torture for me to suffer through the N.O. Masses that are near, but I do so for the sake of the Eucharist, remembering how Jesus suffered with the corruptions, abuses and hypocrisies of the religious institution of His day. He wept over Jerusalem (Lk 19:41); The tears of Mary - whose heart is one with her Son - evidence the tragic condition of the institutional Church in our time.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟308,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
It's a good thing to pray for him, or any deceased person. Prayers for the departed never go to waste. And they probably need more than we think they do.
Agreed. Will keep him in my prayers.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟308,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I would be a regular in a SSPX Mass if one were near, and there were no FSSP near. It is torture for me to suffer through the N.O. Masses that are near, but I do so for the sake of the Eucharist, remembering how Jesus suffered with the corruptions, abuses and hypocrisies of the religious institution of His day. He wept over Jerusalem (Lk 19:41); The tears of Mary - whose heart is one with her Son - evidence the tragic condition of the institutional Church in our time.
Thankfully i have a FSSP chapel near me that is thriving.

Upvote 0