• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

SpaceX to Boeing and the design of spreadsheets

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,143,735.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Elon Musk is no stranger to picking fights with rivals — and now he's turning his fire on Boeing. The SpaceX founder attacked the outgoing Boeing CEO, David Calhoun, on Tuesday, accusing the beleaguered aircraft company of losing touch with its engineering roots in a post on X.

"The CEO of an aircraft company should know how to design aircraft, not spreadsheets," Musk wrote in response to a post about Calhoun's accountancy degree. - Elon Musk is beefing with Boeing again, calling out its CEO and saying he should be able to 'design aircraft, not spreadsheets'

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟885,810.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Elon Musk is no stranger to picking fights with rivals — and now he's turning his fire on Boeing. The SpaceX founder attacked the outgoing Boeing CEO, David Calhoun, on Tuesday, accusing the beleaguered aircraft company of losing touch with its engineering roots in a post on X.

"The CEO of an aircraft company should know how to design aircraft, not spreadsheets," Musk wrote in response to a post about Calhoun's accountancy degree. - Elon Musk is beefing with Boeing again, calling out its CEO and saying he should be able to 'design aircraft, not spreadsheets'

The Boeing culture is one of the reasons we are slow to get back into space after the success of the Apollo missions. Everything is overpriced, over schedule and too much hassle to organize. Musk got SpaceX into a position where it has taken over the space launch industry and has ambitions for Mars. Boeing seems more interested in shareholders than visions of a better world(s)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟373,280.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

Elon is really not one to talk considering all the engineering issues both Tesla and Space X have been dealing with recently.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,143,735.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
David "Hillbilly Dave" Calhoun

I live about 5 miles from Virginia Tech and have worked their bookstore. Beautiful campus and nice small town. But... The graduates have become poor CEO's...

John Asbury - CEO at Atlantic Union - Business Degree at Virginia Tech
David Calhoun-CEO at Boeing - Business Degree at Virginia Tech

John Asbury... David Calhoun.... No doubt fine people, wonderful personalities, and good family men. But in my opinion terrible CEO's. When I go into an Atlantic Union Bank, in which I have accounts, I never can find any actual bankers. Only hired hands who will help me connect to the Internet. When I Google Boeing all I can find are problems and mishaps.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟885,810.00
Country
Germany
Faith