• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟588,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello folks. Think of this for a second. Imagine if someone from the middle ages in 1269 AD predicted that man will land on the moon. The 700 year duration between the middle ages and the Apollo 11 moon landing is the length of time between prophet Isaiah in ~700 BC predicting Jesus being conceived by a virgin around 4 BC. Here are four verses which predict Jesus and the suffering of Jesus, centuries before His birth, ministry and crucifixion.

Date
June 28, 2024 | Son of Man (Old Testament Jesus)​
Verse
Daniel 7:13-14 (NIV): "In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed."

Isaiah 7:14 (NIV): "Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel."

Isaiah 61:1-3 (NIV): "The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor."

Psalm 22:16-18 (NIV): "Dogs surround me, a pack of villains encircles me; they pierce my hands and my feet. All my bones are on display; people stare and gloat over me. They divide my clothes among them and cast lots for my garment."​
Prompt
Explain these four passages. How do these verses written a few centuries before Christ relate to and predict the birth of Jesus, the Gospel, Crucifixion, and the Resurrection? Use New Testament parallels in the first part of your response. What can we do as Christians to read, understand, and connect the Old Testament to the New Testament?​
Explanation
The Old Testament passages contain prophetic elements that, although written hundreds of years before the birth of Jesus, are fulfilled in His life, ministry, and the spread of the Gospel. Let's explore how these texts relate to the key aspects of Jesus' mission and the New Testament.​
  1. The Son of Man (Daniel 7:13-14, written ~530 BC): In the New Testament, Jesus is often referred to as the Son of Man (Matthew 9:6, Mark 14:62, Luke 9:22, 11:30). This title is taken from Daniel's prophecy and emphasizes Jesus' humanity and His divine mission.
  2. The Birth of Jesus (Isaiah 7:14, written ~740 BC): This verse is fulfilled in the birth of Jesus as the virgin Mary conceives and gives birth to Him in around 4 BC (Matthew 1:22-23). The name Immanuel means "God with us," emphasizing Jesus' divine nature as the Son of God.
  3. The Gospel (Isaiah 61:1-3, written ~700 BC): The prophecy in Isaiah 61 describes the mission of the Messiah, who would bring good news to the poor, heal the brokenhearted, and proclaim the year of the Lord's favor (Luke 4:18-19). Jesus embodies this mission as He begins His public ministry, and the Gospel continues to spread throughout the world.
  4. The Crucifixion and Resurrection (Psalm 22, written ~1000 BC): Although this passage does not directly predict the entire process of the crucifixion and resurrection, it contains striking similarities to Jesus' suffering, specifically the piercing of His hands and feet on the cross and the casting of lots for His garments (Matthew 27:28, Mark 15:24, Luke 23:33-34). The Old Testament passages, including Psalm 22, foreshadow the suffering and sacrifice of Jesus.
Societal Relevance
These verses above show that God is omniscient, as these verses were written between 1000 BC and 500 BC. God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) spoke through the Holy Spirit to the prophets in the Old Testament. To connect the Old and New Testaments, it's essential to read them in context and with an understanding of the historical and cultural backgrounds. Here are some practical ways to deepen your study:
  1. Read the Bible in its entirety: The Old Testament lays the foundation for the New, and understanding the overall narrative will help you grasp the significance of individual passages.
  2. Study the cultural and historical context: Familiarize yourself with the customs, practices, and historical events that influenced the writings of the Old and New Testaments.
  3. Identify and study the literary genres: Different genres, such as prophecy, wisdom literature, and narrative, require different approaches to interpretation.
  4. Learn Hebrew and Greek: Understanding the original languages can provide deeper insights into the meaning of the texts. If one does not have time to learn Hebrew and Greek, that is perfectly fine, as there are free interlinear Bibles available online to use or download.
  5. Consult reliable resources: Utilize commentaries, study guides, and other resources to help clarify difficult passages and deepen your understanding.
  6. Pray and ask for the Holy Spirit's guidance: As you study, ask God to reveal His truths to you and help you connect the Old and New Testaments in a meaningful way.

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟588,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ask for the Father YHVH Elohim to reveal Yeshua.
Listen to Yeshua, if He Permits.
Yeshua has been revealed to me, through His blood on the cross, rising on the 3rd day, and also through communion.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟588,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, this video showed up in my feed. It is about how Israelis reacted to Old Testament prophecies about Jesus. Goes to show how we must preach the Gospel to the Jews, and covert them to Christ.

Israelis REACT to ISAIAH 53 and More Prophecies (Duration = 5 min 30 seconds, age rating = ALL)

Upvote 0
Dec 3, 2023
Rome
✟8,574.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Take a look at my avatar. It's a pic of S.Francis of Assisi's vision when he received the stigmata.
There's a cross with Jesus with wings like a seraph/cherub. An incredible vision.
The fact is that the son of man'd have to be the cherub, and I add the prince of this world(a future destined king, take a look at Rev 12, 5).
My opinion is that there're two people, Jesus and the Prince, where Jesus equals a real man to him on the Earth... Maybe there's something in the old testament about it.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟588,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is pretty cool, but how on God's green Earth does this relate to my OP though? No where does my OP contain the word "prince".

The prince of the air is Satan by the way, and we must avoid the prince of the air at all costs.

Upvote 0