• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

SHOULD MELANIA TRUMP BE DENIED HOLY COMMUNION—YES, ABSOLUTELY…

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,097,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On another post, Mark J asked me if I thought Melania Trump should be denied Holy Communion due to her support for a women to choose an abortion without any laws to prevent her from doing so throughout the nine months of pregnancy.

Of course she should be denied Holy Communion. I don’t think, though, she attends Mass regularly as does President Biden who holds the same position.

Continued below.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,181,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
On another post, Mark J asked me if I thought Melania Trump should be denied Holy Communion due to her support for a women to choose an abortion without any laws to prevent her from doing so throughout the nine months of pregnancy.

Of course she should be denied Holy Communion. I don’t think, though, she attends Mass regularly as does President Biden who holds the same position.

Continued below.
She is also married to a man who has a few apparently un-annulled marriages on the books. Were Donald to become Catholic and have those marriages checked out to see if they were null then she might have a case for taking communion again. After a good confession and all that. But her abortion position and her nature as a public person mean she SHOULD be denied communion just as Nancy Pelosi finally was.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟530,192.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Continued below.

"Denied"? She isn't even a practicing Catholic!
:doh:

... and maybe she never will be, if some Catholics don't stop throwing stones at her.

To my knowledge, Melania has never come out and said she was a practicing Catholic or tried to present herself as some exemplary example of American Catholicism. She never has.

... Nor has she ever come out and said that she is seeking full communion with the Catholic Church.

So, imo, this article is a waste of ink.

• Agree
Reactions: SashaMaria
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟330,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
She is also married to a man who has a few apparently un-annulled marriages on the books. Were Donald to become Catholic and have those marriages checked out to see if they were null then she might have a case for taking communion again. After a good confession and all that. But her abortion position and her nature as a public person mean she SHOULD be denied communion just as Nancy Pelosi finally was.
Amen.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟330,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
"Denied"? She isn't even a practicing Catholic!
:doh:

... and maybe she never will be, if some Catholics don't stop throwing stones at her.

To my knowledge, Melania has never come out and said she was a practicing Catholic or tried to present herself as some exemplary example of American Catholicism. She never has.

... Nor has she ever come out and said that she is seeking full communion with the Catholic Church.

So, imo, this article is a waste of ink.
She’s a cultural Catholic, if anything.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟530,192.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
She’s a cultural Catholic, if anything.
I can't say, because I don't know her heart.

I don't know how many lapsed Catholics you have personally known ... or if you have ever been one ... but I can tell you that some lapsed Catholics privately wrestle alot with their prior Catholic experience, especially if they were raised Catholic. Catholicism has a way of 'taking hold' in a person's heart ... it can be hard to walk away from it. And many 'lapsed' Catholics do actually still see themselves as being very Catholic.

Granted, it is a rather odd sort of thing, but I know many many many ... even within my own family ... who never, or rarely, step into a Catholic Church, and yet ... they profess being Catholic.

So ... I do not know how Melania sees herself, but I see her (at this point) as lapsed.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟330,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I can't say, because I don't know her heart.

I don't know how many lapsed Catholics you have personally known ... or if you have ever been one ... but I can tell you that some lapsed Catholics privately wrestle alot with their prior Catholic experience, especially if they were raised Catholic. Catholicism has a way of 'taking hold' in a person's heart ... it can be hard to walk away from it. And many 'lapsed' Catholics do actually still see themselves as being very Catholic.

Granted, it is a rather odd sort of thing, but I know many many many ... even within my own family ... who never, or rarely, step into a Catholic Church, and yet ... they profess being Catholic.

So ... I do not know how Melania sees herself, but I see her (at this point) as lapsed.
Or they think they are experts just because they were raised Catholic. Eyeroll

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟530,192.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Or they think they are experts just because they were raised Catholic. Eyeroll
That's true.

Just yesterday here, I was corrected about something I was taught wrong when I was in Catholic grade school. I will be 70 soon, and all my life I believed this thing that I learned just yesterday was wrong! Imagine that ... the old 'poor catechesis' or 'poor messaging' thing, I guess. But many still do believe as I did, so now I can correct them when the subject comes up! :blush:

Most in this forum appear well educated in the faith, but some (many?) Catholics today (active and lapsed) don't always appear to know the faith so well ... though they think that they do.

Catholicism is a deep religion to truly grasp. There are layers upon layers upon layers. Not everyone wants to go deep, so they stay at the surface level and may miss much.

Persons like me? We don't think that we know everything ("experts") because we were raised Catholic. We just might know alittle more about the pre-Vatican II church (cuz we lived it!), but that doesn't make us "experts", and certainly not experts on the Church today.

Example: I read the synod stuff and don't know what language that stuff is being written in. lol

Unfortunately, even Catholicism is divided. There is not just 'one kind' of Catholic. And lapsed Catholics? I have a heart for them because I personally understand the struggles they may be facing. But in the end, Jesus loves us all and just wants us all to love Him. Sometimes how we do that just isn't perfect ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0