• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Senator Menendez found Guilty on All Charges of Corruption

Stephen3141

Mar 14, 2023
Southwest
✟56,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Let ALL politicians who engage in selling their power and influence
for bribes, be found guilty.

Selling influence, is NOT one of the responsibilities of an American politician.
And it should NEVER be considered to be part of a politician's "official acts"
that they do, to carry out their job.

Note that under the fair rule of law in America, Menendez was presumed innocent,
until he was proven guilty.

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟166,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good. May his conviction deter other members of congress from corruption! I'm encouraged to see the return to accountability in America. I noticed his case moved rather quickly compared to other political indictments recently. That's encouraging too. Bob's indictment (this time) came in September 2023. Wow, that is fast justice for a dirty politician in the United States.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟655,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

Let ALL politicians who engage in selling their power and influence
for bribes, be found guilty.

Selling influence, is NOT one of the responsibilities of an American politician.
And it should NEVER be considered to be part of a politician's "official acts"
that they do, to carry out their job.

Note that under the fair rule of law in America, Menendez was presumed innocent,
until he was proven guilty.
And now comes the interminable dragging out of appeals. Hopefully the Senate won't wait that long to expel him.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟372,211.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
And now comes the interminable dragging out of appeals. Hopefully the Senate won't wait that long to expel him.
I mean either way he'd be out of office before he exhausted his appeals. Though I do agree with you he needs to be expelled if he doesn't voluntary resign.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟981,170.00
Faith
Atheist
I mean either way he'd be out of office before he exhausted his appeals. Though I do agree with you he needs to be expelled if he doesn't voluntary resign.
His term is up in January. He has not filed to run as a Democrat and is hinting at a run as an Independent.

I'll wager he will neither resign nor be expelled.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟166,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

If a president is allowed to be a convicted felon, why can't a senator? I'm not clear on these rules myself. I hope he is jettisoned though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟884,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
  • Informative
Reactions: Tinker Grey
Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟362,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If a president is allowed to be a convicted felon, why can't a senator? I'm not clear on these rules myself. I hope he is jettisoned though.

I don't know exactly what the rules are, but we don't have to vote for him. I'm voting for Andy Kim instead. I've liked Menendez on the issues in the past, but convicted of bribery? We're done.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟655,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Uhhhhh, because he is not president, he is a private citizen appealing convictions. Congress tried twice to impeach him (once after out of office not sure that would really work, and failed). Menendez is a sitting senator and would simply be removed from office much like impeachment. Nothing to prevent him from running again though I do believe the Senate has the right to refuse him a seat if re-elected.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟347,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think Trump should never be allowed to be president. For his roll in January 6th. Sadly nobody seems to be charging him for that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟166,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Uhhhhh, because he is not president, he is a private citizen appealing convictions. Congress tried twice to impeach him (once after out of office not sure that would really work, and failed). Menendez is a sitting senator and would simply be removed from office much like impeachment. Nothing to prevent him from running again though I do believe the Senate has the right to refuse him a seat if re-elected.

Uhhhhh, Mr Trump is not president either. It's ridiculous to think any convicted felon could run for office when they cannot even vote for said office. Can you see my point?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟884,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I think Trump should never be allowed to be president. For his roll in January 6th. Sadly nobody seems to be charging him for that.
One of the indictments does relate to Jan 6th, but it's more about the fake electors plot.

United States of America v. Donald J. Trump is a pending federal criminal case against Donald Trump, the president of the United States from 2017 to 2021, regarding his alleged participation in attempts to overturn the 2020 U.S. presidential election, including his involvement in the January 6 Capitol attack.

On August 1, 2023, a grand jury indicted Trump in the District of Columbia U.S. District Court on four charges for his conduct following the 2020 presidential election through the January 6 Capitol attack: conspiracy to defraud the United States under Title 18 of the United States Code, obstructing an official proceeding and conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding under the Sarbanes–Oxley Act of 2002, and conspiracy against rights under the Enforcement Act of 1870.[1][2][3]

[The two 'official proceeding' charges maaaay be affected by the recent SCOTUS ruling, but since forged/false documents are involved, it would appear to this non-lawyer that the charges should stand.]

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟655,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Uhhhhh, Mr Trump is not president either. It's ridiculous to think any convicted felon could run for office when they cannot even vote for said office. Can you see my point?
Then get a law passed forbidding it. Until then the most that can be done is not vote for them......

Upvote 0