• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Revelation 1: 4

BRISH

Loved
Jun 16, 2009
✟15,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;"

Who/What? are the seven spirits mentioned...

There are references to Exodus 3:14, John 5:58, Hebrews 13:8.

"I AM"...or "before Abraham, I was" and "the same yesterday, today, and forever:...

So, are we to just take it that.....He just is...

Another one of those unexplainable things? If that's what others gather, than that's fine. I feel God reveals to us what we need to know. If we don't know right now, then it's just not possible at the moment or not currently relevant.

Any takes on this?

pehkay

Aug 10, 2006
✟17,557.00
Faith
Christian
Exodus 25:37 says, "Thou shalt make its lamps, seven." These seven lamps signify God the Spirit being the seven Spirits of God for His expression (Rev. 4:5; 5:6). The shining of the lamps denotes expression. Thus, the seven lamps are the expression of God the Son as the embodiment of God the Father. The gold signifies the Father as the substance, the stand signifies the Son as the embodiment of the Father, and the lamps signify the Spirit as the expression of the Father in the Son. Thus, the significance of the Triune God is implied in the lampstand.

Substantially the lampstand is one, but expressively it is seven, because it is one lampstand with seven lamps. In substance the lampstand is one piece of gold, but it holds seven lamps. This indicates that, mysteriously, in substance the Triune God is one but in expression He is the seven Spirits. The Father as the substance is embodied in the Son as the form, and the Son is expressed as the seven Spirits.

We can prove from the Scriptures that the seven lamps of the golden lampstand signify the Spirit expressing Christ. If we had only the record in Exodus, it would be difficult to realize that these seven lamps are the Spirit. But as we proceed from Exodus to Zechariah, we see that the seven lamps are the seven eyes of Christ, the seven eyes of Jehovah (Zech. 3:9; 4:10). As we continue to Revelation, we see that the seven eyes of the Lamb are the seven eyes which are the intensified Spirit of God (Rev. 5:6). Hence, we have a strong basis for saying that the seven lamps are the seven Spirits, that is, the sevenfold intensified Spirit, as the expression of Christ.

The seven lamps of the lampstand signify the seven Spirits of God to express the Triune God. Revelation 4:5b says, "Seven lamps of fire are burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God." If we consider Revelation 1:4 and 5, we shall realize that the seven Spirits are undoubtedly the Spirit of God, because they are ranked among the Triune God. As seven is the number for completion in God's operation, so the seven Spirits must be for God's move on earth. In substance and existence God's Spirit is one; in the intensified function and work of God's operation God's Spirit is sevenfold.

Essentially the Spirit is one, but economically He is seven. In God's economy and in His function, He becomes the sevenfold intensified Spirit. In Revelation it is not a matter of essence but a matter of function, of economy. Economically speaking, the Spirit is intensified sevenfold. In substance and existence God's Spirit is one, but in the intensified function and work of God's operation, God's Spirit is sevenfold.

In Revelation 4:5 the seven lamps of fire, which are the seven Spirits of God, signify the enlightening and searching of the sevenfold intensified Spirit of God. God will touch the earth by the seven lamps, by His seven Spirits, which are for burning, shining, observing, searching, and judging. The seven lamps here refer to the seven lamps of the lampstand in Exodus 25:37 and Zechariah 4:2. In Exodus 25 and Zechariah 4 the seven lamps, signifying the enlightening of the Spirit of God in God's move, are for God's building. In Revelation 4:5 the seven lamps are for God's judgment, which will issue in the building of the New Jerusalem. While God executes His judgment, His sevenfold intensified Spirit will carry out His eternal building by searching, enlightening, and judging.

The enlightening, searching, exposing, judging, and burning of the seven lamps of fire are for the carrying out of God's administration. Today God is administrating His government by means of this enlightening, searching, exposing, judging, and burning. Anything that does not correspond to God's nature will be burned by His fire. This burning is the carrying out of God's administration.

Although the seven enlightening, searching, exposing, judging, and burning lamps will burn all that does not correspond to God, they will refine those things that are truly according to His nature. The dross will go to the lake of fire, but the refined gold will go to the New Jerusalem. Even now the seven Spirits as the seven lamps of fire burning before the throne of God are burning, refining, and purifying for the carrying out of God's universal governmental administration.

Upvote 0

1whirlwind

Jun 26, 2009
✟5,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;"

"I AM"...or "before Abraham, I was" and "the same yesterday, today, and forever:...

Another one of those unexplainable things? If that's what others gather, than that's fine. I feel God reveals to us what we need to know. If we don't know right now, then it's just not possible at the moment or not currently relevant.

Any takes on this?

He tells us the stars are angels.....
1:4 ....and from the seven Spirits which are before His throne.

1:16 And He had in His right hand seven stars: and out of His mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and His countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in My right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.
He also tells us His angels are spirits....
Hebrews 1:7 And of the angels He saith, "Who maketh His angels spirits, and His ministers a flame of fire." (14) Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
So, the seven Spirits are the stars/angels of the churches.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
*snip*

Any takes on this?
He tells us the stars are angels.....

1:4 ....and from the seven Spirits which are before His throne.
1:16 And He had in His right hand seven stars: and out of His mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and His countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in My right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.
Great thread :)
1whirlwind seems to have come up with a good response, even though the word "spirits" are mentioned.
I have not really looked deeply into that.

[I am also glad to see more discussions concerning Revelation on the GT board :thumbsup:]

Now that I think about, could they be any relation to the 7 Messengers with the Trumpets and Last "blows/strips" in Revelation? Never really studied on this in conjunction with Reve 1:4, 20 before.

Reve 15:1 And I saw another Sign in the heaven, great and marvelous, Messengers seven, having stripes/blows seven, the last.
That in them is-finished the fury of the God.
[Matthew 24:3, Mark 13:4, Luke 21:7]

http://www.christianforums.com/t7405089/
What the sign?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Bleh. Much of Revelations is like trying to imagine Heaven. The Bible gives a vague outline but we'll never know until we're there.

Not at all. If we couldn't understand Revelation, or if it weren't possible, then God wouldn't have told us to understand it.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Any takes on this?

From my understanding, the seven spirits are representative of the Spirit of God.

Upvote 0