• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,444,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“He sent from on high, he took me;
he drew me out of many waters.
He rescued me from my strong enemy
and from those who hated me,
for they were too mighty for me.
They confronted me in the day of my calamity,
but the Lord was my support.
He brought me out into a broad place;
he rescued me, because he delighted in me.” (Psalms 18:16-19 ESV)

This is a psalm of David, who was King over Israel back in Old Testament times, and from whose blood line Jesus Christ was born. At this time in David’s life he was following God with his life, and he looked to the Lord to be his strength and his deliverer in times of trouble when he had enemies coming against him, in particularly Saul who opposed David and who sought to kill him. So no matter what difficulties David was facing at that time, he called upon the Lord and he cried for help, and God heard him.

So, today, this would apply to us who are following Jesus Christ with our lives, who are looking to the Lord to be our strength and help, and who are not looking to the world and to the sinful pleasures of the flesh to gratify us or to make us “feel better.” Instead of going to the pleasures of this world to escape our pain and suffering, we are looking to the Lord and to his wisdom and guidance and strength to do what is right, and to respond to our trials in ways which are godly and which are honoring to our Lord.

For all of us are going to go through trials and tribulations which will test our faith. And if we are truly committed to following the Lord with our lives, and to being his servants and messengers, we will be hated, and we will be persecuted, even by those closest to us, such as family and friends and neighbors and fellow professers of faith in Jesus Christ. And we may even be invited out of some gatherings of what are called “churches” because of our seriousness of walks of faith in the Lord and our surrender to Him.

But we cannot let these trials and tribulations dishearten and discourage us or send us in the wrong direction because life just got “too hard” for us to bear. For escaping our pain via going in the opposite direction of what God has for us never makes anything better, but only much worse. I know from personal experience – been there! Done that! Never go back!! Always trust the Lord no matter how bad things get, for honestly they are only going to get much worse, the Bible tells us, and we can see that now with our eyes.

So, no matter what life throws at you, and what persecutions and difficulties come your way because of your walk of faith in Jesus Christ, turn to the Lord and let him guide you through it all. And he will help you through every trial to endure and to persevere and to keep going in his strength. He does not necessarily remove us physically from every trial and every difficulty, but he will rescue us from succumbing to the trial and from letting it defeat us and destroy us. And he will bring us into a good place spiritually and mentally.

[Matt 5:10-12; Matt 10:16-25; Matt 24:9-14; Luke 6:22-23; Luke 12:49-53; Luke 21:12-19; John 15:1-21; John 16:33; John 17:14; Acts 14:22; Rom 5:3-5; Eph 6:10-20; Phil 3:7-11; 1 Pet 1:6-7; 1 Pet 4:12-17; 2 Tim 3:12; 1 Thess 3:1-5; Jas 1:2-4; 2 Co 1:3-11; Heb 12:3-12; 1 Jn 3:13; Rev 6:9-11; Rev 7:9-17; Rev 11:1-3; Rev 12:17; Rev 13:1-18; Rev 14:1-13]

Teach Them

An Original Work / May 24, 2012
Based off various scriptures

Open up the blinded eyes of
Those who walk in sin’s darkness.
Turn them to the light of Christ
And to His righteousness.
Turn them from the pow’r of Satan.
Turn them to the peace of Christ,
So they may receive forgiveness
And eternal life.

Teach them to put off their old selves