• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Prayers for the Dead (MJ ONLY)

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟307,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
(posting in fellowship)

I actually own a Messianic prayer book that mentions prayers for the dead.

How common is it in Messianic Churches?

Do you still consider yourself Jewish AND Christian?

Do you celebrate Christmas and Hanukkah? Baptism and Holy Communion?

God bless

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,313,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I actually own a Messianic prayer book that mentions prayers for the dead.
I don't pray for the dead. I have never seen a Messianic at any congregation pray for the dead. They are in Yahshua's hands.
How common is it in Messianic Churches?

There are few Messianic congregations; as there are few Messianics.

Do you still consider yourself Jewish AND Christian?

I am a Christian, in that I follow Messiah's example. He is my Master.

If by Jewish you mean of the Tribe of Judah, no.
If by Jewish you mean a resident of Judea, no.
If by Jewish you mean Yahudim (Yah's people), yes.

Do you celebrate Christmas and Hanukkah? Baptism and Holy Communion?
I stopped honoring the Pagan ritual of giving glory to the Sun god when I was in my early 20's, long before I found others like me. Shortly thereafter I started keeping Passover, to the best of my understanding.

I don't honor Hanukkah; but most Messianics do. I think that's OK.

I do honor YHWH's Moedim (Feasts), as he commands his people to keep his Moedim forever.

I bathe. When I'm leading Moedim (feasts), I take my followers to the living waters of a river, and we take a ritual bath together giving honor to our Creator for giving us another day, another chance to repent, to have him cleanse us of any unrighteousness, and stay on the way of the narrow path to draw near to him.

In all of the Protestant churches that I attended since my earliest memories of going to church (2 years old), I never took communion. At the Messianic congregations that I have attended, we always broke bread (artos leavened) and drank grape juice in our fellowship.

I currently attend a Sunday church on Sundays. There we share communion once a month, before our fellowship meal where we bring a covered dish. once a month. The Pastor of that Church used to be Catholic, before he got deeper into the word, and became a Baptist, before he got deeper into the word, and he dropped titles other than Christian.

God bless
Shabbat Shalom

Baruk attah YHWH!

Last edited:
Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟186,222.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I personally can worship the Lord in Messianic Jewish(or general Jewish) synagogues, Protestant churches, Catholic church, Eastern&Oriental Orthodox church, mosques, and other places. I have studied the theory of religious unity in Judaism. For example, Noahide (Son of Noah). Messianic and Noahide are opposite ways to build the relationship between Christianity and Judaism.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟307,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I don't pray for the dead. I have never seen a Messianic at any congregation pray for the dead. They are in Yahshua's hands.

There are few Messianic congregations; as there are few Messianics.

I am a Christian, in that I follow Messiah's example. He is my Master.

If by Jewish you mean of the Tribe of Judah, no.
If by Jewish you mean a resident of Judea, no.
If by Jewish you mean Yahudim (Yah's people), yes.

I stopped honoring the Pagan ritual of giving glory to the Sun god when I was in my early 20's, long before I found others like me. Shortly thereafter I started keeping Passover, to the best of my understanding.

I don't honor Hanukkah; but most Messianics do. I think that's OK.

I do honor YHWH's Moedim (Feasts), as he commands his people to keep his Moedim forever.

I bathe. When I'm leading Moedim (feasts), I take my followers to the living waters of a river, and we take a ritual bath together giving honor to our Creator for giving us another day, another chance to repent, to have him cleanse us of any unrighteousness, and stay on the way of the narrow path to draw near to him.

In all of the Protestant churches that I attended since my earliest memories of going to church (2 years old), I never took communion. At the Messianic congregations that I have attended, we always broke bread (artos leavened) and drank grape juice in our fellowship.

I currently attend a Sunday church on Sundays. There we share communion once a month, before our fellowship meal where we bring a covered dish. once a month. The Pastor of that Church used to be Catholic, before he got deeper into the word, and became a Baptist, before he got deeper into the word, and he dropped titles other than Christian.

Shabbat Shalom

Baruk attah YHWH!
What do you mean by your followers?

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟307,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I personally can worship the Lord in Messianic Jewish(or general Jewish) synagogues, Protestant churches, Catholic church, Eastern&Oriental Orthodox church, mosques, and other places. I have studied the theory of religious unity in Judaism. For example, Noahide (Son of Noah). Messianic and Noahide are opposite ways to build the relationship between Christianity and Judaism.
Thank you

Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0