• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Paris Olympics swapped Jesus and his disciples with men in drag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟118,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

It angers me but more than anything it makes me sad. I'm sad to see Jesus and the last supper mocked this way.
Thank you for sharing this.
I am also saddened to see once again that this Sinful world is once more allowing the father of lies, Satan himself, display this disgusting and vile stuff mocking my holy Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟907,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Seems a bit paranoid. If it's supposed to be a parody of Leonardo da Vinci's painting, it's not a very good one. Who cares if it is? Instead of moving on because it doesn't matter, we should clutch our pearls over folks in drag acting like folks in drag. That's a great plan.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟118,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I ain't clutching pearls, even though you may think that I am. Instead, I am seeing an example of the vile sinfulness of a fallen world.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟907,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I ain't clutching pearls, even though you may think that I am. Instead, I am seeing an example of the vile sinfulness of a fallen world.

Well, if that is alarming, you should see the daily slaughter of humanity. It's crazy out there, for sure.

Upvote 0

ImaginaryFiction

Aug 13, 2023
Nowhere
✟14,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seems a bit paranoid. If it's supposed to be a parody of Leonardo da Vinci's painting, it's not a very good one. Who cares if it is? Instead of moving on because it doesn't matter, we should clutch our pearls over folks in drag acting like folks in drag. That's a great plan.

Apathy and hand waving is the very reason why things like this continue to grow larger.

All problems, especially ones based on evil, all start very small. You don't even notice them at first, and they grow over time and one day when you're tired of dismissing it by then it will be too late.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟118,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, if that is alarming, you should see the daily slaughter of humanity. It's crazy out there, for sure.
I agree completely. The daily slaughter and murders throughout the world is more evidence that we are living in a crazy and fallen sinful world.

Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟907,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Apathy and hand waving is the very reason why things like this continue to grow larger.

All problems, especially ones based on evil, all start very small. You don't even notice them at first, and they grow over time and one day when you're tired of dismissing it by then it will be too late.

Okay, what's your suggestion to change it? Should Christians assume it's about them? If so, what is the best response? And, how does that response make it better?

There's an old tradition, going back to the early days of Christian faith, of accepting mockery as an honor because to be mocked is to be like Christ. And the response to mockery is to love the one who mocks and care for them. I don't know of any Christian virtue associated with being hurt and resentful as if it's all undone. This all assumes mockery has actually happened, mind you.

Of course, who cares what someone does or says at the Olympics? I'm surprised folks aren't aghast that this event, which goes back to pagan Greece, is still held. What's next, Dionysian gaits in honor of mighty Bacchus!?

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟907,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I agree completely. The daily slaughter and murders throughout the world is more evidence that we are living in a crazy and fallen sinful world.

Yeah, it's terrible. I don't think this show means much of anything, even if they were trying. Indifference is a powerful tool when used at appropriate times. This seems like such a time.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟347,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When did Olympics have God /Jesus in them? Now if they were mocking Jesus and the Disciples. I would think that's in poor taste. I couldn't hear them. And to be honest, I'm getting tried of this phase. Hopefully it ends soon. And we will hear less about it.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟362,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm sad to see Jesus and the last supper mocked this way.

The scene just now showed on NBC, which is broadcasting the opening ceremonies in prime time in the EDT time zone. It's not Jesus and the Last Supper. It's a portrayal of a fashion show, with people in wild fashions lined up on either side of a runway, while models walk up and down the runway wearing even wilder fashions. France, of course, is known for designer fashion.

Not Jesus, not the Last Supper. Chill.

• Informative
Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ozso

Ingenious Member
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Cyberspace
✟704,712.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I see they have a child with them of course. Probably a little boy made up to look like a girl.

Disgusting.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ozso

Ingenious Member
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Cyberspace
✟704,712.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, it's terrible. I don't think this show means much of anything, even if they were trying. Indifference is a powerful tool when used at appropriate times. This seems like such a time.
That show isn't an isolated event, it's just a small part of the overall pervasiveness of lgbtqxyz+children+church. I know, we're supposed to just complacently accept it all. That saying anything against it is wrong.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟793,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

It's not about pearl clutching, it is about what we love.

If it doesn't break a Christians heart that they feel free to make vile and vulgar displays blaspheming our Lord and Savior then....

You can't insult Islam in Paris, but this is fine with everyone and the Christians who are rightly offended are accused of pearl clutching.

Paris used to be some kind of Catholic nation didn't it, with a culture of its own? Now the culture kills those who insult mohammed and celebrates the blaspheming of the Lord Jesus Christ to the point of making it a public spectacle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.