• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Obama lauds Biden’s public service, doesn’t endorse Kamala Harris as replacement

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,029,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Former President Barack Obama stopped short of endorsing Vice President Kamala Harris on Sunday as the Democratic Party’s presidential nominee after President Joe Biden announced he was no longer seeking reelection.

Obama hailed Biden, his running mate in the 2008 and 2012 elections, for his decades-long career in politics after he announced his withdrawal from the presidential race and endorsement of Harris to succeed him as the party’s nominee.

“Sixteen years ago, when I began my search for a vice president, I knew about Joe’s remarkable career in public service. But what I came to admire even more was his character — his deep empathy and hard-earned resilience; his fundamental decency and belief that everyone counts,” Obama wrote in a 549-word statement on Mediumon Sunday evening.

Continued below.

• Informative
Reactions: Ted-01
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟374,008.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I mean it's tradition for former Presidents not to endorse a candidate for the nomination. Biden broke that tradition by endorsing Kamala, but he's also probably trying to prevent a fight for the nomination in the 3? weeks they have before they need to declare one officially.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟978,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Former President Barack Obama stopped short of endorsing Vice President Kamala Harris on Sunday as the Democratic Party’s presidential nominee after President Joe Biden announced he was no longer seeking reelection.

Obama hailed Biden, his running mate in the 2008 and 2012 elections, for his decades-long career in politics after he announced his withdrawal from the presidential race and endorsement of Harris to succeed him as the party’s nominee.

“Sixteen years ago, when I began my search for a vice president, I knew about Joe’s remarkable career in public service. But what I came to admire even more was his character — his deep empathy and hard-earned resilience; his fundamental decency and belief that everyone counts,” Obama wrote in a 549-word statement on Mediumon Sunday evening.

Continued below.
He said he had faith that the democratic party would eventually come up with a good candidate,
Maybe he was just allowing room for the convention process to unfold.
still it was an opportunity to fully endorse Biden if he wished to

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟226,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The man worked with Biden for years and years and years. He gave an announcement acknowledging that (and that only) to give his stepping away the time in the sun it deserved. I’m sure he will endorse Kamala in the coming weeks. The broad “support democrats” statement makes clear he’s going to support the Democrat nominee.

Upvote 0