• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Obama Endorses Harris.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟360,622.00
Faith
Pentecostal
It took 6 days but Obama finally endorsed Harris. I don't think the Obamas liked Harris very much. They wanted someone else. But they finally did in an obviously staged awkward phone call.

I wonder what they are getting in return. Could it be they get their guy in the Vice-President role?

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟545,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It took 6 days but Obama finally endorsed Harris. I don't think the Obamas liked Harris very much. They wanted someone else. But they finally did in an obviously staged awkward phone call.

I wonder what they are getting in return. Could it be they get their guy in the Vice-President role?

The headline makes me feel old. I remember when Obama got into office in 2009, which was 15 years ago, when I was 9. But wow, 6 days? Who did the Obamas want instead?

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟198,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
The headline makes me feel old. I remember when Obama got into office in 2009, which was 15 years ago, when I was 9. But wow, 6 days? Who did the Obamas want instead?
Maybe nobody specific. Maybe they just waited a little to see if Harris could get off the ground.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟545,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe nobody specific. Maybe they just waited a little to see if Harris could get off the ground.
Potentially, it is good to have patience and see what happens first before making any endorsements. Patience is a virtue, and a fruit of the Spirit. Something I have little of, sadly, but I am working on that one.

• Prayers
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟360,622.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I think they wanted Mark Kelly to be nominated. Biden threw his weight behind Harris to spite rhe Obamas.

Rhe Obamas didn't want Harris. Obama.said.

We will be navigating uncharted waters in the days ahead,” Obama said in a statement applauding Biden for doing what the former president’s been beckoning him to do for weeks now. “But I have extraordinary confidence that the leaders of our party will be able to create a process from which an outstanding nominee emerges. I believe that Joe Biden’s vision of a generous, prosperous, and united America that provides opportunity for everyone will be on full display at the Democratic Convention in August.”

Obama’s very upset because he knows she can’t win,” the Biden family source told The Post.

After Biden’s ouster, Obama — who did not return a request for comment Wednesday — wanted Arizona Senator and former astronaut Mark Kelly “at the top of the ticket” when the Democratic National Convention is held next month, the source said.

Obama is “furious,” things haven’t gone his way, which is why he is not joining in the Democratic Party’s support of Harris,” the Biden source added.

Obama reportedly only wanted Biden to step down and didn’t count on the president endorsing Harris right away. The report said the former president was “shocked” Biden did so. Obama apparently wanted Sen. Mark Kelly (D-AZ), who is being floated as Harris’s running mate, to be the nominee instead.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟1,059,068.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced

If I were stage managing Kamala's bid for the Presidency, I would do a gradual buildup exactly like what has been happening.

Start with Biden's withdrawal and Kamala's nomination then gradually add in endorsements from the lesser players leaving the big names like Pelosi and the Obamas to the last. It creates the effect of a 'snowballing' endorsement. The momentum gradually increases creating the impression of a popular groundswell. It also keeps Kamala at the top of the news and leaves Trump's 'assassination' story in the dust.

OB

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟177,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Kamala just needs them to do some campaigning in PA and NC.
If she picks Josh Shapiro, PA is within reach, and they can allocate resources elsewhere.
(I don’t think she will though).

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟545,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think they wanted Mark Kelly to be nominated. Biden threw his weight behind Harris to spite rhe Obamas.

Rhe Obamas didn't want Harris. Obama.said.

We will be navigating uncharted waters in the days ahead,” Obama said in a statement applauding Biden for doing what the former president’s been beckoning him to do for weeks now. “But I have extraordinary confidence that the leaders of our party will be able to create a process from which an outstanding nominee emerges. I believe that Joe Biden’s vision of a generous, prosperous, and united America that provides opportunity for everyone will be on full display at the Democratic Convention in August.”

Obama’s very upset because he knows she can’t win,” the Biden family source told The Post.

After Biden’s ouster, Obama — who did not return a request for comment Wednesday — wanted Arizona Senator and former astronaut Mark Kelly “at the top of the ticket” when the Democratic National Convention is held next month, the source said.

Obama is “furious,” things haven’t gone his way, which is why he is not joining in the Democratic Party’s support of Harris,” the Biden source added.

Obama reportedly only wanted Biden to step down and didn’t count on the president endorsing Harris right away. The report said the former president was “shocked” Biden did so. Obama apparently wanted Sen. Mark Kelly (D-AZ), who is being floated as Harris’s running mate, to be the nominee instead.
Politics is a hot mess, that is all I have to say.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟774,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The party elites decided ... democrats almost always fall in line with the party. They didn't have a choice. Even over 14 million democrate voters are not being allowed to vote for their nominee .... Kamala is being installed by the democratic party elites.

• Winner
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟236,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Who is "their guy"?

Andy Beshear might be a likely candidate for VP, but Kentucky will miss him.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟360,622.00
Faith
Pentecostal
The party elites decided ... democrats almost always fall in line with the party. They didn't have a choice. Even over 14 million democrate voters are not being allowed to vote for their nominee .... Kamala is being installed by the democratic party elites.
Yup. Which is their parties perogative, but don't tells us too much about democracy anymore. This was obviously a political coup and democracy was the last thing on anyone's mind.

• Agree
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟774,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yup. Which is their parties perogative, but don't tells us too much about democracy anymore. This was obviously a political coup and democracy was the last thing on anyone's mind.
Yep ... after this "move" I don't want to hear anything about their "democracy" claims.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟236,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
See post #5
Ok, thanks! Mark Kelly, eh? Don't know anything about his other than briefly skimming your article. Maybe he'll be VP? Apparently, he's already gone after Vance - attack dog is one of the traditional duties of the VP candidate. Aside - Spiro Agnew had William Saffire as his wordsmith; while I disagreed with his positions, he articulated them very well.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟177,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
“Party unity” is a trait of the Democratic Party?
Is it Opposite Day again!?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,520,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The headline makes me feel old. I remember when Obama got into office in 2009, which was 15 years ago, when I was 9. B

LOL, I remember when Reagan was elected. I slapped a Regan bumper sticker on my dad's car (...who wasn't too thrilled with stickers, but went along with it).

ut wow, 6 days? Who did the Obamas want instead?

6 days is not long.
It just seems that way since many others did so in 24 hours.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟177,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Six days isn‘t long.
Besides, waiting until after Joe formally announced his departure from the race is just “good form”.
Allowing less influential players endorse Harris’ bid, makes the Obamas’ slightly more significant.
It’s old-timey politics, which is a craft (when you come down to it); like any craft that seemingly anyone can attempt but only the talented produce anything of note.

• Agree
Upvote 0