• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Not sure if I'm comfortable posting this anymore

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟835,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It's kind of sad that I feel like I have literally no outlet to just scream through when I have the same kinds of conversations with my dad. I've already said so many of the same things here. It's one of those nights again where I think I incurred some incremental brain damage having to listen to what he said.

It's not that I have absolutely no other outlet but at the same time, I can't just randomly text people the same way I can just randomly type stuff on the computer.

Last edited:

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟545,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's kind of sad that I feel like I have literally no outlet to just scream through when I have the same kinds of conversations with my dad. I've already said so many of the same things here. It's one of those nights again where I think I incurred some incremental brain damage having to listen to what he said.

It's not that I have absolutely no other outlet but at the same time, I can't just randomly text people the same way I can just randomly type stuff on the computer.
Can I say this? Your dad needs Christ.

Without Christ, folks may go astray, and follow their own desires instead of God's. As your father is Muslim, he has God the Creator, but not God the Son. No one can approach God the Father without going through Jesus. In fact, Muslims reject the Trinity. Your dad could be going through a spiritual battle, or a mental health crisis. But yes, you have freedom here to vent, and others and myself will always be here on the forum to support you, fellow sister in Christ. As a brother in Jesus, just remember this: God will always protect you, even if you get hurt.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV): "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

John 14:6 (NIV): "Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

By the way, which country is your dad from? He might have cultural norms (maybe conservative) that would take months or years to shed or remove.

• Informative
Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟862,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

It helps to get it off your chest. I don't see a problem posting about it here.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟835,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Can I say this? Your dad needs Christ.

Without Christ, folks may go astray, and follow their own desires instead of God's. As your father is Muslim, he has God the Creator, but not God the Son. No one can approach God the Father without going through Jesus. In fact, Muslims reject the Trinity. Your dad could be going through a spiritual battle, or a mental health crisis. But yes, you have freedom here to vent, and others and myself will always be here on the forum to support you, fellow sister in Christ. As a brother in Jesus, just remember this: God will always protect you, even if you get hurt.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV): "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

John 14:6 (NIV): "Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

By the way, which country is your dad from? He might have cultural norms (maybe conservative) that would take months or years to shed or remove.
He's from Pakistan. Anyway, based on how he talks about the "prophet," he doesn't qualify as a Muslim IMHO, even though he calls himself one. He doesn't believe that Muhammad is God's Messenger, he doesn't believe that Muhammad had a "vision" from an angel, he doesn't even consider him an actual prophet, or any of the other prophets as actual prophets, yet he doesn't want me "being a different religion than him." Dude you don't even practice your proclaimed religion or believe that Muhammad was a prophet, let alone "the" prophet yet it's necessary that I "don't convert" so that we are "united in one family" in the same religion......

I give TF up. :(

• Useful
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟545,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He's from Pakistan. Anyway, based on how he talks about the "prophet," he doesn't qualify as a Muslim IMHO, even though he calls himself one. He doesn't believe that Muhammad is God's Messenger, he doesn't believe that Muhammad had a "vision" from an angel, he doesn't even consider him an actual prophet, or any of the other prophets as actual prophets, yet he doesn't want me "being a different religion than him." Dude you don't even practice your proclaimed religion or believe that Muhammad was a prophet, let alone "the" prophet yet it's necessary that I "don't convert" so that we are "united in one family" in the same religion......

I give TF up. :(
We are both brown. If your dad does not even know his own religion, then your dad makes for a poor Muslim. Maybe, that is God telling him that he should switch to Christianity. He might need to be taken to a priest or something, and shown some proof of Jesus, such as the Eucharistic miracle.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟862,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
If it helps, my mom was a hardcore atheist. She was a negative person who saw nothing good in religion. It was hard to listen to her constant bitter remarks. I considered it my suffering to put up with it. When I handed it over to Jesus, things got better for me.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟835,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
If it helps, my mom was a hardcore atheist. She was a negative person who saw nothing good in religion. It was hard to listen to her constant bitter remarks. I considered it my suffering to put up with it. When I handed it over to Jesus, things got better for me.
Can you give any examples of how it got better?

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟862,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Can you give any examples of how it got better?
When my eyes were opened to the truth of her pitiful life, I didn't take it personally anymore. She was not saved (nor did she want to be). I realized it was her choice to lash out, but I could just let it go in one ear and out the other. I focused more on my church life and less on pleasing my parents.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,148,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

We are willing to share your anguish, so don't bottle it up.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟174,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It sounds like your dad is more of a “cultural Muslim” than a true Muslim who believes. And the fact that he’s from Pakistan makes him culturally Packistani (sp) rather than American. Have you ever spoken to a priest about all this? If so, what advice did he give you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟174,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Keep praying. It’s all you can do.
Riley I hate to ask this after posting so long with you but are you a male or female? I ask because I thought you were female but a couple weeks ago you said something (I forget what) that made me think you might be male.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟300,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Riley I hate to ask this after posting so long with you but are you a male or female? I ask because I thought you were female but a couple weeks ago you said something (I forget what) that made me think you might be male.
Male

Upvote 0