• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

NFL Hall of Fame coach questions Kamala Harris’ comments on abortion, faith

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,097,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dungy
“Exactly what ‘faith’ are you talking about when you say you don’t have to abandon it to support abortion?” NFL Hall of Fame coach Tony Dungy asked in response to a pro-abortion social media post by Vice President Kamala Harris. | Credit: Paul Archuleta/Getty Images

Here’s a roundup of pro-life-related news in the U.S. this week.

Football coach asks Harris: What ‘faith’ allows for abortion?​

Tony Dungy, a Super Bowl-winning Hall of Fame football coach and a pro-life evangelical Christian, responded on social media to a pro-abortion statement from Vice President Kamala Harris in which Harris said: “One does not have to abandon their faith or deeply held beliefs to agree: The government, and certainly Donald Trump, should not be telling a woman what to do with her body.”

“Exactly what ‘faith’ are you talking about when you say you don’t have to abandon it to support abortion?” Dungy asked.

Continued below.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,097,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are we taking retired NFL football players opinion of national politics now ?
Why not? They have opinions too. Anything else you want to snark about? You are obviously in the mood. You had to dig this one up.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟530,192.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Tony Dungy is well-known and respected within evangelical Protestant circles as coach, writer, public speaker. So Catholics may not know him so well, but what Tony has to say is often highly regarded, and generally is appreciated, amongst Protestants.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟91,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why not? They have opinions too. Anything else you want to snark about? You are obviously in the mood. You had to dig this one up.
Hi Mich:

Ohhhh

{Cringe}
You're right, this one showed up on my feed as a suggested "similar thread".

I'll check the dates better.

Let me go find some fresher game....

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0