• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Millions of Christians, religious people say they are not voting in November

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,097,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
CV NEWS FEED // The Cultural Research Center at Arizona Christian University has found that millions of religious people, most of whom are Christian, report that they will not vote in November’s election.

The study relates that only 51% of “people of faith,” including Christians, Muslims, Jews, Mormons, and other religious groups, plan on voting. This means that approximately 104 million religious people will not vote.

The study explained that of religious Americans, 83% are Christian.

Among Christians, it is estimated that 46 million church-attending Protestants and 19 million church-attending Catholics will not participate in the election.

Continued below.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,213,390.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There are third party candidates, including Randall Terry, anti-abortion activist, running in the Constitution Party. It looks like he will be on the ballot in 14 states.

If people choose not to vote for a presidential candidate, there are down-ballot candidates and referenda that they can still participate in.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟626,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
CV NEWS FEED // The Cultural Research Center at Arizona Christian University has found that millions of religious people, most of whom are Christian, report that they will not vote in November’s election.

The study relates that only 51% of “people of faith,” including Christians, Muslims, Jews, Mormons, and other religious groups, plan on voting. This means that approximately 104 million religious people will not vote.

The study explained that of religious Americans, 83% are Christian.

Among Christians, it is estimated that 46 million church-attending Protestants and 19 million church-attending Catholics will not participate in the election.

Continued below.
And then, when bad things happen to people of faith at the hands of secular supremacists, they will complain. If you do not vote... just be quiet about what happens to you. You and your vote do not/did not count, because you did not. A non-vote is a vote for the wrong side. Such a simple thing. Register... and then drop by on election day and push a lever.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,097,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That’s too bad. It’s their right not to vote, though.
I can’t help but feel a little disgust with those that do not vote. Lord forgive me.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟330,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I can’t help but feel a little disgust with those that do not vote. Lord forgive me.
I admit I didn’t vote in the 2020 election because I was disgusted with Trump and Biden.

Maybe I should have.

Sigh

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟626,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People always vote in their own best interest—the framers of the Constitution knew that. We see secularists always vote in their best interest. If you are a believer, not only should you vote, but you should vote in your best interest. If your "interests" are determined by your faith and your conscience, then that is how you should vote. Do not buy this jargon about voting for the better of others. That is not how it works. Rest assured, they are not voting for your best interests. We hear people say they are anti-abortion, but they "do not want to impose their beliefs on others." Malarkey. Vote your interests. That is how democracy and elections work. You vote for your interests, others vote for their interests, and the totals will tell the tale. And do not buy this nonsense that Christians should not be involved in politics. God saw fit to create a nation where YOU can help determine who runs the show. Do it! It is your right and, to a certain extent, your responsibility to get out and vote. Your opponents are not worrying about you and your rights.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟145,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am praying that Christians in the USA vote at a MUCH higher percentage in all of the 2024 elections than we have seen in the last several American elections.

Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟683,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
There are third party candidates, including Randall Terry, anti-abortion activist, running in the Constitution Party. It looks like he will be on the ballot in 14 states.

If people choose not to vote for a presidential candidate, there are down-ballot candidates and referenda that they can still participate in.
Can't say that I blame them. I'll be voting third party (again).

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,097,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic