• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Meet the ‘first convert’ of the National Eucharistic Revival

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,064,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
(OSV News) — Marina Frattaroli describes herself as the National Eucharistic Revival‘s “first convert,” after a related social media post led her to a website describing the church’s teaching on Jesus’ true presence in the Eucharist.

Now she’s spending most of her waking hours with the Eucharist as one of the National Eucharistic Pilgrimage’s 30 perpetual pilgrims, who set out from points in California, Connecticut, Texas and Minnesota to meet at the National Eucharistic Congress in Indianapolis July 17-21.

“The last six weeks have been like the greatest introduction to the depth of the Catholic Church for anyone, ever,” said Frattaroli, a 26-year-old pilgrim on the eastern St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Route. “I have just seen so many people, so many churches, so many liturgies, so many bishops, so many faithful — just all in the most packed amount of time possible, and on a very deep level. … I feel like God is rolling out the red carpet.”

Daily life on the pilgrimage​

Since May 18, she and other members of the pilgrimage’s eastern “Eucharistic caravan” have traveled with the Eucharist — participating daily in Mass, adoration and processions — through Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, the District of Columbia, West Virginia and Ohio. On July 8, the group entered Indiana, where they will continue westward, arriving in suburban Indianapolis July 14.

For a new Catholic, the unprecedented pilgrimage has included “so many overwhelming aspects” as she continues to learn about and experience the faith, Frattaroli said.

“I’ve been in more adoration during this pilgrimage than in my whole life combined before,” she said. “Pretty early in the journey, I totally had to rewire my notion of what it was to pray in front of the Eucharist. … It went from ‘I want to delve into this mystery’ … (to) what I need is just to rest — to rest with God, to trust him more deeply.”

A personal spiritual journey​

Continued below.