• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Jesus came to set a daughter against her mother

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟141,501.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mt 10:

34 “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. 36 And a person’s enemies will be those of his own household.
Jesus' teachings can divide a family. He did not command us to divide; he predicted that it may happen in some cases. Committing to believing in Jesus could cost your family relationship. Jesus demanded primacy of one's relationship with God over all other relationships.

37 Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.
Following Jesus can lead to conflict, even within families. Loyalty to Christ may create tension between believers and non-believing family members. Faith in Jesus is a radical commitment.

See also

Reactions: AlexB23

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟271,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mt 10:

Jesus' teachings can divide a family. He did not command us to divide; he predicted that it may happen in some cases. Committing to believing in Jesus could cost your family relationship. Jesus demanded primacy of one's relationship with God over all other relationships.

Following Jesus can lead to conflict, even within families. Loyalty to Christ may create tension between believers and non-believing family members. Faith in Jesus is a radical commitment.

See also

Its interesting to track how society has changed on this and whether modern society is a predicted time. In the past as society was more God orientated families and communities seem to at least have belief in common and were not so divided.

Now as God has been removed from the public square we are seeing Christianity being disenfranchised and segregated. A bit similar to civil race segregation. So now its Christians verses secular or even Christians against Christians.

Theres more chance that a Christian will end up within a family or group that is against Christianity. There was a period where society tolerated Christians but lately that has been changing. Its more confrontational to even proclaim Christian values and beliefs generally.

But more individually as Christians we are called to stand on our faith and in some ways that will naturally bring some conflict with others regardless of history. It seems the early church was bold and many were persecuted for their beliefs.

I think though we may have continued the Christian church it has become complacent while at the same time the world has become more dominant. Now its full circle where the world is now confronting Christianity and Christians are now called to stand up for their faith.

Last edited:
Reactions: tonychanyt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums