• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Is universalism true?

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟138,414.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Universalism is the belief that everyone will be saved eventually.

Jesus says in Matthew 25:

46 "these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
Some will go to eternal punishment; others to eternal life.

Will everyone have eternal life?

No, John 5:

28 Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice 29and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.
Is universalism true?

I doubt it. To be on the safe side for myself, I will not rely on universalism for salvation. To be safe for others, I would not tell others that universalism is true.

Eternal life starts now while I am alive. Right now, I have the Paraclete dwelling in my spirit. I have been born of the Spirit. There is no need to wait until after the resurrection to experience eternal life.

See also Conscious torment/torture over an infinite period of time?.

Truth1864

Oct 27, 2023
Auckland
✟8,014.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Universalism is the belief that everyone will be saved eventually.

Jesus says in Matthew 25:

Some will go to eternal punishment; others to eternal life.

Will everyone have eternal life?

No, John 5:

Is universalism true?

I doubt it. To be on the safe side for myself, I will not rely on universalism for salvation. To be safe for others, I would not tell others that universalism is true.

Eternal life starts now while I am alive. Right now, I have the Paraclete dwelling in my spirit. I have been born of the Spirit. There is no need to wait until after the resurrection to experience eternal life.

See also Conscious torment/torture over an infinite period of time?.

Upvote 0

Truth1864

Oct 27, 2023
Auckland
✟8,014.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
you said it..ETERNAL LIFE begins now. on this earth so how can the sheep be going 'into' eternal life when they already have it ?..obviously your translation is incorrect...do u know the meaning of 'aionios' ?(mistranslated as eternal in Mt 25 vs 46)..it comes from 'aion' its the adjective of 'aion'aion means age or world ..so aionios being an ADJECTIVE means of the age or pertaining to the age. or world.it can also mean the world or age to come...so the sheep go into the life of the world to come and the goats go into the CORRECTION of the world to come (kolassis means correction,,it comes from the Greek word for pruning of trees) ....you need to accept the TRUTH of Biblical Christian Universalism

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟138,414.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you said it..ETERNAL LIFE begins now. on this earth so how can the sheep be going 'into' eternal life when they already have it ?
Eternal life begins now on this earth but it does not end on this earth.

Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟25,468.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Unfortunately God hates those who reject Christ and will strike them with many afflictions no less the eternal judgement.

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.
20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed.
21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

Simple math.

• Useful
Reactions: tonychanyt
Upvote 0