• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Is Israel on the verge of an apocalyptic war prophesied in Bible?

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,028,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is no question that the nation of Israel could be facing an unprecedented attack coming from all sides — Iran from the east, Hezbollah from the north, the Houthis from the south, and Hamas (what is left of it) from the west. In fact, by the time you read this article, that attack may have already been launched. But is Israel on the verge of an apocalyptic war prophesied in the Bible? In my view, the answer is clearly no.

To be sure, there are some Bible teachers who believe that Ezekiel 38-39, containing the famous Gog and Magog prophecy and following the even more famous prophecy of the dry bones coming to life in Ezekiel 37, should be interpreted symbolically rather than literally. In other words, whatever the chapters meant in Ezekiel’s day, more than 2,500 years ago, has no bearing on the current situation in the Middle East. The correct interpretation today is spiritual only.

Other Bible teachers scour the Scriptures, looking for prophecies that tie in with today’s headlines or that help predict tomorrow’s headlines.

Continued below.

Reactions: Vambram

tailgator

Jun 23, 2024
Christian
✟8,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is no question that the nation of Israel could be facing an unprecedented attack coming from all sides — Iran from the east, Hezbollah from the north, the Houthis from the south, and Hamas (what is left of it) from the west. In fact, by the time you read this article, that attack may have already been launched. But is Israel on the verge of an apocalyptic war prophesied in the Bible? In my view, the answer is clearly no.

To be sure, there are some Bible teachers who believe that Ezekiel 38-39, containing the famous Gog and Magog prophecy and following the even more famous prophecy of the dry bones coming to life in Ezekiel 37, should be interpreted symbolically rather than literally. In other words, whatever the chapters meant in Ezekiel’s day, more than 2,500 years ago, has no bearing on the current situation in the Middle East. The correct interpretation today is spiritual only.

Other Bible teachers scour the Scriptures, looking for prophecies that tie in with today’s headlines or that help predict tomorrow’s headlines.

Continued below.
No,they have about 4 years before the war of armegeddon.From.my understanding president Trump gives Israel.an army to help protect Israel 3.5 years before the war.
During this 3.5 year there is a drought in the middle east that causes the Euphrates river to dry up.
The 3 year drought is a sign in the Islamic Hadith to go to war .That is when the war will start.That is when the Muslims in the middle east go to their doom.

The 3 year drought is mentioned in revelation 11 and the Euphrates dries up in revelation 16.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

johansen

Sep 13, 2023
silverdale
✟21,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Israel in the middle east is an American Colony, not the real Israel .. therefore no prophetic fulfillment.
And will likely be destroyed or become irrelevant, again.

Which will then be taken advantage of to further demoralize the weak christians who cannot imagine their pov is wrong, and millions will fall away.

• Wow
Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟122,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Continued below.
I actually do think we're on the verge of the fulfillment of the Apocalypse. However, I don't think it's going to happen imminently, or tomorrow, or in the coming Iran/Israel war.

Nevertheless, this seems very directed towards the end of the age, since these are historic, biblical nations reflecting a perennial war, the world vs. the God of Israel. We don't know who Gog and Magog are? For all I know they may be what Hal Lindsay thought are Russia's leader and Russia. Gog has an apparent alliance with Persia, which is Iran, along with countries associated with Islam. including perhaps Turkey. These countries today are pulling Europe away from Israel and in favor of tolerating Islam.

Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟122,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Israel in the middle east is an American Colony, not the real Israel .. therefore no prophetic fulfillment.
Funny, I didn't know America established colonies with the Jewish religion figuring prominently?

Upvote 0

tailgator

Jun 23, 2024
Christian
✟8,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Which will then be taken advantage of to further demoralize the weak christians who cannot imagine their pov is wrong, and millions will fall away.
Hundreds of millions will die when Israel falls.
The United states armed forces destroy about everything from Iran to Egypt.The only people left in the middle east will be them who the Lord saves.
But before Israel falls,most everyone in Israel will recieve a mark in their right hand or forehead.Mo one will be able to buy or sell unless they have the mark.During this time,the christians in Israel will be imprisoned and killed.After 3.5 years ,then the nations attack and conquer Israel and the end comes with a nuclear war.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟741,983.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

Pre-fib Mid-Fib Post-Fib ...

It's just a fib, but so many people have bought into the 7 years anti christ fairy tale.

• Wow
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟988,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Continued below.
I guess we'll see! Dispensational Futurists always have their hopes on the destruction of Israel, the building of the third temple, the ushering of the anti- Christ and on and on. As a partial Preterist I find it disturbing, but in full disclosure, I once thought the same way. I pray they come out of it.
Blessings

Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟779,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Continued below.
If one takes them literally in regard to earthly Israel then it contradicts scripture.

Everything is in Christ.

Galatians 3:28

New International Version​

28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

We have a general idea of where we are at in the stream of time .... wars ... rumors of wars ... earthly climatic events, pestilence etc. of which have always been going on ... however it is predicted they will escalate (like birth pangs) and this is happening ... so He is near.

It's not about the country and people of earth's nation Israel ... the door to salvation is open to all until Jesus returns. There is no reason for Jesus to rule on current planet earth ... salvation is a done deal ... for all who are in Him.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians 3&version=NIV

Upvote 0

Barraco

Jun 24, 2004
Minot, ND
Visit site
✟29,981.00
Faith
Christian

Continued below.
Hard to tell specifically with Ezekiel 38-39. I'm tempted to place it at the sixth seal, which is near to us, IMO. Here is why:

1. Joel 2 and Isaiah 34 are quoted in the sixth seal. Joel 2 talks about a northern army coming and urging Jerusalem to pray for God's deliverance, followed by the sun turning dark and the moon to blood, then the outpouring of the Holy Spirit (sealing the 144,000 Israelites). Isaiah 34 talks about the destruction of Jerusalem's enemies, especially the Edomites. The Edomites drew anger from God because they betrayed Jacob, increased his misery, sold the Jews to their enemies, and claimed the land for themselves.

2. Daniel 9:27 shows a week of years left. Ezekiel 38 shows seven years of burning the weapons of armies from the far north. We know the abomination of desolation occurs during the latter half of those seven years, followed by great tribulation, judgment, and then God's wrath upon the armies of the beast that surround Jerusalem. So they are two different battles, one at the beginning and one at the end; like how God destroyed the armies of Assyria in the mountains of Israel but then used Babylon to punish Jerusalem.

3. The armies of Ezekiel 38 match the description of Turkey, Assyria, Yemen, Iran, Libya, and Sudan. All of those are Islamist nations that are hostile to the nation of Israel and seek to take back Palestine. They carry with them the spirit of Esau (Edom), who hated his brother and sought to take the blessings God gave to him. Their destruction happens during the sixth seal. At that time, Israel will be fully restored and the seventieth week of years (or at least last half) will begin.

So yes, this is a very apocalyptic battle Israel is engaged in. Looking forward to your thoughts.

Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟108,193.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What evidence is there that the text is spiritual?

Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟108,193.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No,they have about 4 years before the war of armegeddon.From.my understanding president Trump gives Israel.an army to help protect Israel 3.5 years before the war.
During this 3.5 year there is a drought in the middle east that causes the Euphrates river to dry up.
Trump...you have to be kidding me. As much as the guy does wrong, he is not the antichrist.

The antichrist as described in 2 Tes is today a mystery only to be revealed after the rapture. The antichrist will be someone who is loved by all these western alliances such as OSN and NATO. Trump is hated by many. The antichrist will sign a peace treaty with Israel and Israel will love him, Trump is far from this.

Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟108,193.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is a complete ignorance of all the prophecies that say that Israel will be back in their land, which was fulfilled in 1948.

Reactions: atpollard
Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟108,193.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

And what makes you think your POV is the right one? Because scripture disagrees with you.

Take Hosea 2 for instance. God divorces His wife Israel, but He takes her back.

Hosea 2 19 And I will betroth you to me forever. I will betroth you to me in righteousness and in justice, in steadfast love and in mercy. 20 I will betroth you to me in faithfulness. And you shall know the Lord. 21 “And in that day I will answer, declares the Lord, I will answer the heavens, and they shall answer the earth, 22 and the earth shall answer the grain, the wine, and the oil,
and they shall answer Jezreel,
23 and I will sow her for myself in the land. And I will have mercy on No Mercy,
and I will say to Not My People, ‘You are my people’; and he shall say, ‘You are my God.

Upvote 0

tailgator

Jun 23, 2024
Christian
✟8,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Trump...you have to be kidding me. As much as the guy does wrong, he is not the antichrist.

The antichrist as described in 2 Tes is today a mystery only to be revealed after the rapture. The antichrist will be someone who is loved by all these western alliances such as OSN and NATO. Trump is hated by many. The antichrist will sign a peace treaty with Israel and Israel will love him, Trump is far from this.
Do you love despicable people?
There are few people who love a despicable person yet you believe everyone loves a vile man.The man of sin.

You should study more about the man of sin.

And for your information ,2 these says we will not be gathered together to Christ at his coming untill after a falling away and the man of sin is revealed whom Christ shall consume at his coming.

This corresponds to Daniel 11:45-12:2 which shows the man of sin coming to his end when the resurection and rapture take place.

I hope you don't consider yourself a teacher because you would be deceiving people if you were.

Daniel 11:45-12:2
And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.
And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟741,983.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
This is a complete ignorance of all the prophecies that say that Israel will be back in their land, which was fulfilled in 1948.
The prophecies indicate God will take the land back and purify the population so only one third will survive.

Based on the current going ons of the secular state of Israel, God is not in charge, and that purification did not happen.
"Two-thirds of the people in the land will be cut off and die,” says the LORD . “But one-third will be left in the land. All across the country" - God's Decree - "two-thirds will be devastated and one-third survive."

Also, the statements regarding the retaking saying "it will be holy" but the currently Israel is atheistic and stuff.
"But on Mount Zion there will be deliverance, and it will be holy, and the house of Jacob will reclaim their possession."
The 1948 seems to be an anti christ measure where he calls down fire in plain sight of men, with lots of bombs and guns. There was no deliverance, and it was not holy.

Also, the peace making prophecy remains unfulfilled and against the current mandate of the Israel government. This is mostly because this Israel is not because of God's decree, and they really need to fend for themselves.

In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria. The Assyrians will go to Egypt, and the Egyptians to Assyria. The Egyptians and Assyrians will worship together. In that day Israel will join a three-party alliance with Egypt and Assyria—a blessing upon the earth. The LORD of Hosts will bless them, saying, “Blessed be Egypt My people, Assyria My handiwork, and Israel My inheritance.” (Isaiah 19:23-25)

It seems "that day" has not yet come. The Israel of God, is the one God reigns over, no compromises.

Upvote 0

johansen

Sep 13, 2023
silverdale
✟21,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And what makes you think your POV is the right one? Because scripture disagrees with you.
for the reasons plainly explained in reply #18

i would go further and say there's a massive pedophelia problem too.

Even if God does preserve a third of the people during some kind of nuclear war level destruction (fulfilling the Zechariah prophecies).. they all have to repent and be born again. Perhaps witnessing the total destruction of their nation will open their eyes to the fact that God didn't preserve it, or possibly have anything to do with its creation!

In my opinion based on 12 years of interacting with thousands of people.. I tend to believe 2-4% know God. i see no reason why it won't be the same ratio for the folks living in Israel today, which the vast majority of are not genetically from abraham, which is a whole nother can of worms.

I honestly don't know if God prefers a certain blood line or not. i'm not here to judge. i've personally experienced knowledge of what happens when you form a covenant with a woman and become one flesh. I strongly think there will be a litteral 144,000 Christian virgin men from the "12 tribes" whatever that means today i don't know.

But they will not be anything like the orthodox rabbis today.. probably more like the essenes and John the baptist.

Israel has slaughtered more christians in Gaza than were killed in the attack last year. God is not mocked... they will easily, reap 7 fold for this again...

Last edited:
Reactions: tailgator
Upvote 0

johansen

Sep 13, 2023
silverdale
✟21,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It seems "that day" has not yet come. The Israel of God, is the one God reigns over, no compromises.
"egypt" and "assyria" may not be physical nations these days, but rather what seems to be fundamental irreconcilable differences between different cultures that persist across all of africa and the middle east.

God may be saying he is going to fix all these problems and muslims who worship the antichrist spirit of allah will discover their differences with YHWH wasn't all that great in the first place and it was all a 3000 year long spiritual deception.

i've witnessed a form of this in real life. if my dad didn't know my moms's sisters husband was muslim.. they would discover they are 2 peas in a pod on just about everything they actually believe in.

Upvote 0